State of the Ark

If you need to write about anything else please do it here..
Jackanory
User Level II
User Level II

State of the Ark

Post by Jackanory » Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:47 pm

Saw in instagram that GC has been at the ark! One f my favourite studios! I've recorded quite a few albums there and Terry's gear is in top notch quality. Could this mean a TG collection!?? This would be amazing..... prime studios is great but so pricey for not enough really....

Also, if you do the 124.... I've been looking for a replacement of the old abbey road plugin version, and no ones done it.... that thing has serious Beatles mojo for days!!

RE301

Re: State of the Ark

Post by RE301 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:40 pm

Crazy array of equip (!) ...talk about E-em-eye fest....amazing-looking console....what appears to be actual RS124 units (?).. and.. some Helios 69.. (yay).... a TG console Aqua could 'break the internet'...

http://www.stateofthearkstudios.com/gallery

babiuk
Vip Member
Vip Member

Post by babiuk » Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:09 pm

Also, if you do the 124.... I've been looking for a replacement of the old abbey road plugin version, and no ones done it.... that thing has serious Beatles mojo for days!!
Yes, I am a big fan of old RS124, the only one close to it is VariLevel by Tim. Tunca from Analog Obsession showed a pic from his screen showing something called 124, I don't know if it is on his real plans
Mac Pro 5,1 / 6-core Intel Xeon / 16 GB Ram / El Capitan / Reaper / H******* Mixbuss

Jackanory
User Level II
User Level II

Post by Jackanory » Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:29 pm

Last time I was there they had a pair of altecs, and I'm sure the lissen grove comp, don't remember seeing the original.... still, quite possible they have them now. SOTA is ram packed with crazy gear.... don't see many studios with an original LA2.... the TG is an absolute beast. Their mic collection is pretty crazy too! Quite a dead sounding live room though, even though it's fairly large...