Magenta4 Desiderata

If you need to write about anything else please do it here..
kenbobplus3db
User Level VIII
User Level VIII

Magenta4 Desiderata

Post by kenbobplus3db » Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:17 pm

Hi Guys:

I love Magenta3 and am quite excited about Giancarlo's announced update for 2017. It could certainly be improved from a user interface standpoint, and here is my wishlist:

1) Shelving EQ available on all 4 bands. Part of the magic of the modeled device is the ability to stack shelving equalizers on top of each other. (A 3Khz shelving boost with a 16hz shelving cut becomes a very wide bandpass, for example). This can't be done on Magenta 3.

2) Control + click needs to reset band gain to 0 not the middle of the boost (+ 6 db , +16 or so on the input trim relative to the default setup). Its not a lot of fun when you're tired, working fast, and you control+click your tweeters into oblivion.

3) User presets-- you guys got close with a preset menu on Diamond, but I'm not seeing a way of *saving* user presets. Alternatively even a simple setup-A/setup-B with a copy A>B and copy B>A would be useful. The utility of this plugin would be so much better if one could snap between setups when making EQ decisions.

4) I've suggested this before, here it is again: a global band-gain multiplier control running from 0.5 to 2.0. Think of this as a more/less control. After you've got your eq setup, and want a bit more of everything, run the gain multiplier to some factor > 1.

5) Ok just a few pet peeves about the look of the GUI. All the acustica plugins look great on my display with the exception of Magenta3. A bit more contrast between the knobs and the black field behind would be helpful. The reds of the front panel and the yellows of the knob legends and LEDs are so saturated as to seem a bit blown out from a graphical design perspective. Honestly, this is a little thing. The unit sounds right, and you can make it as ugly as you like-- I really don't care.

RJHollins
Expert
Expert

Re: Magenta4 Desiderata

Post by RJHollins » Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:18 am

2) Control + click needs to reset band gain to 0 not the middle of the boost (+ 6 db , +16 or so on the input trim relative to the default setup). Its not a lot of fun when you're tired, working fast, and you control+click your tweeters into oblivion.
How I missed this one during beta-test I'll never know. BIG OVERSIGHT :twisted:
i7-5820k, MSI X99A Plus, 16 GIG Ram, Noctua NH-D14, Win-7 Pro [64-bit], Reaper-64

NVC [Nebula Virtual Controllers]