(User's Recommendation) Computer System to work v Neb/Acqua

If you need to write about anything else please do it here..
denork
User Level 0
User Level 0

Re: (User's Recommendation) Computer System to work v Neb/Acqua

Post by denork » Mon Aug 27, 2018 9:52 am

I have 2 quotes in my hand, one with AMD TR 1950X (16 cores) and the other with intel i9-7920X (12 cores).

What do you recomend me? Aqcua's is ready to make use of 16 cores?

Skolton
User Level 0
User Level 0

Post by Skolton » Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:28 pm

Hi Guys,

New to the world of Acustica Audio and very excited to start building up my plugin list. The one worry I had stepping into these plugins was resource issues as my workflow requires as little interruptions as possible (I know im not the only one). I was demoing some plugins and bought the Gold2 - during this time I was having huge cpu spikes. Adding a plugin during playback would stop my system. I decided to disable hyper-threading in my bios and wow what a difference for these plugins and my sessions in general.

Anyways, maybe this will help someone.

Im on a i9 7940 with 64GB ram on Pro Tools Ultimate. My sessions are in 48khz/24Bit. Ill post more updates as I hit the plugins harder.

cheers

davidgary73
Expert
Expert

Post by davidgary73 » Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:17 am

From cinematree
A list of CPU comparison for Acquas along with a few nebula libraries. Test was done in Reaper on Windows 10 Pro (1803) with an i9 x7940, 44.1and dsp buffer on all plugins set to 2048:
Acquas (max to min) gs.jpg
MacPro 2 x 2.4 Ghz 6 Core Intel Xeon • 28GB Ram • Logic Pro X 10.4.1 • OSX 10.12.6 • VEP 6 • Console 1 •

Please join us - Facebook Acustica Audio Official Group page @ https://www.facebook.com/groups/2161186247437661/

kenbobplus3db
User Level VIII
User Level VIII

Post by kenbobplus3db » Thu Oct 25, 2018 5:26 pm

Skolton wrote:
Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:28 pm
Hi Guys,

New to the world of Acustica Audio and very excited to start building up my plugin list. The one worry I had stepping into these plugins was resource issues as my workflow requires as little interruptions as possible (I know im not the only one). I was demoing some plugins and bought the Gold2 - during this time I was having huge cpu spikes. Adding a plugin during playback would stop my system. I decided to disable hyper-threading in my bios and wow what a difference for these plugins and my sessions in general.

Anyways, maybe this will help someone.

Im on a i9 7940 with 64GB ram on Pro Tools Ultimate. My sessions are in 48khz/24Bit. Ill post more updates as I hit the plugins harder.

cheers
Can you explain why turning off hyper-threading would improve performance? I run a lot of 96k audio and Gold2 is nearly unusuable once I've got a pre-amp switched in. I experience the same CPU spikes and muting behavior with every parameter change. This never happened with Gold1.