WHY would anybody use these plugins ?

If you need to write about anything else please do it here..
danielmesserli
User Level 0
User Level 0

WHY would anybody use these plugins ?

Post by danielmesserli » Mon Nov 25, 2019 12:07 am

I own just about every plugin by Plugin-Alliance, Waves, Slate Digital and countless others, just to name a few.
I stumbled across this during my daily visits on KVR.
Before downloading, testing or even considering purchasing any of these products, I am asking - WHO is out there using this and WHY ?

The latest advances in channel strip plugin technology came from Plugin-Alliance as far as I know - their consoles now model 72 individual channels of various console boards (S*L 4000 E, G) N, Lindell 80, F*******e etc.
Can anybody tell me, from their own personal experience, why these products here a worth a consideration ?

cheers,
Daniel

Support
Expert
Expert

Re: WHY would anybody use these plugins ?

Post by Support » Mon Nov 25, 2019 8:08 am

Best regards,
Acustica Audio help-desk service and support.
https://www.acustica-audio.com/
Acustica Audio is a trademark of Acusticaudio SRL.

To contact Acustica Audio support go to the ‘Support’ in your Acustica Audio account.
We do not provide support via social networks, public forums, Acustica Audio forums, or email accounts.

kenbobplus3db
User Level X
User Level X

Post by kenbobplus3db » Mon Nov 25, 2019 6:37 pm

Oh, maybe because they sound so F'n amazing!

Acoustica's software innovation is the audio equivalent of a revolution in military affairs-- akin to the radical introduction of the machine gun to Napoleonic warfare, or the tank to trench warfare. You really have to understand that this is a totally different technology at work in Acoustica's programming and sampling method. This is not just somebody emulating the functionality of known-brand analog gear and putting a pretty skin on it. This is different, and there is a realism and presence here that I've never heard in any other UA, McDSP, WAVEs offering. If you want to be blown away, take the TAUPE tape emulation out for a spin, listen to the RUBY EQ, lean into the AQUAMARINE4 compression and be sure to mess with the internal signal gain on all of them. If you're into channel strips, try NAVY2 and PINK3 both have very different personalities, and both sound like the classics they're sampled from. If you want a fat tube sound for your blues-rock guitar record you can't do better than COBALT sampled from custom hardware that nobody else has. Acoustica has also made it their mission to find the eclectic, classic hardware that nodbody else has and preserve it in what has bcome to me a working lending-library-museum. Try WATER or CREAM to taste these classic German and English topologies.

Finally, there is a level of precision available in these plugins that is only slowly coming into the wider plugin market. The internal precision of this technology is well north of 64 bits, and the VST versions will pass 64bit floating point samples in and out of the plugin. Keep in mind that the 32bit floating point samples that Fab Filter, UA, SoftTube and others support only provides 24bits of sample precision with the remaining 8 bits deadicated to gain ranging. If your DAW supports it, there is an audible difference to the precision of these plugs that will provide you with a competitive edge. Or better yet, don't try these plugins-- I'd like to retain my advantage.

THAPRODUCERZ
User Level XI
User Level XI

Post by THAPRODUCERZ » Wed Nov 27, 2019 4:40 pm

Ill share my experience, its really down to 2 things...

1. Algorithms seem to get the behavior right, but miss the analog mojo. Sampling the gear as AA does it, is akin to running your audio though the actual hardware!

2. Years if not decades of electrical engineering knowledge from the original hardware manufacturers has gone into the hardware products to get the intention and conditioning of the audio signals of these sampled products right.

3. I have yet to hear anything that comes close to the 3d nature of what Acustica Audio have provided the audio community.
ITB: i7-4770 3.4ghz, 32GB Ram, Windows 10, Nebula 4,GOLD 3, Amethyst 3, Pink,Pro-tools 12, Cubase 10 pro, Reaper 4, Fl-studio 20, Komplete 10 ultimate,i also have a need for authentic analog tone

http://www.yishinyourear.com

ce1909

Post by ce1909 » Wed Nov 27, 2019 8:02 pm

danielmesserli wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 12:07 am

Can anybody tell me, from their own personal experience, why these products here a worth a consideration ?

cheers,
Daniel
Simple, they sound better.

erinvasquez
User Level 0
User Level 0

Post by erinvasquez » Tue Jan 07, 2020 4:01 am

THAPRODUCERZ wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 4:40 pm
Ill share my experience, its really down to 2 things...

1. Algorithms seem to get the behavior right, but miss the analog mojo. Sampling the gear as AA does it, is akin to running your audio though the actual hardware!

2. Years if not decades of electrical engineering knowledge from the original hardware manufacturers has gone into the hardware products to get the intention and conditioning of the audio signals of these sampled products right.

3. I have yet to hear anything that comes close to the 3d nature of what Acustica Audio have provided the audio community.
thanks to all for the info!

Lonnie
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by Lonnie » Mon Apr 06, 2020 1:42 am

I've demo'ed plugins from Plugin-Alliance lately and poached the presets into some Acqua plugins :D . If Brainworx thinks those are good settings for the 9098 then I matched them up as good as possible with Amethyst 3. Don't get me wrong, I just made those for myself to demo by comparing say 20 presets in a row. Tells me enough to flowchart the next decision.

To the OP, while I had those plugins I ran Plugin Doctor to analyze them and they're really good! The harmonic specs and what not look un-criticizeable. But A/B all through the presets and Amethyst 3 EQ blew Brainworks 2098 out of the water, except for one trick Brainworks has using a dual strip processed M/S. I haven't checked to see if Acustica's rack can MS-specify in places but it's should be hard to manually do and save presets.

I just think Acustica will be the best until such time some genius comes along and changes digital audio math so there's no software limitation we currently have.

For now, obviously Ultramarine 4 is a Fairchild 670 no software can touch.

kenbobplus3db
User Level X
User Level X

Post by kenbobplus3db » Tue Apr 07, 2020 9:49 pm

If you're using a program like Wavelab, it is possible to run any plugin in M/S mode, and I do this with Acquas frequently. All the AA plugins have a channel link/unlink button, and the Magenta comps allow you to variably tie the sidechains together. My only question, and I assume Acoustica has done its homework, is whether the delay compensation is correctly accounted for when splitting the channels and running SHMOD at two different values. It would be a pretty easy thing to test, but I'm just too lazy.

bigchaz
User Level 0
User Level 0

Post by bigchaz » Tue May 19, 2020 4:32 pm

I also own most other companies software from Slate,UAD,Plugin Allience all sound good!

But Acustica have got futher down the path of making software sound like the hardware,
i own various N**e pre amps and some 1073 eq racks and the Gold 3 plugin is nailing the N**e\sound

in fact its on pretty everything i do now

those that use Acustica stuff know exactly what they get everytime we buy a new plug in ( Qaulity, Depth,Warmth,and some sort of magic)

we now have built bigger machines in the studio so we can run far more acustica stuff.