I hate Acustica Audio

If you need to write about anything else please do it here..
mbrio
User Level 0
User Level 0

I hate Acustica Audio

Post by mbrio » Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:57 pm

Acustica Audio plugins are so damn fantastically good that ruined my listening to any other plugins I insert in my mixes! In my mix (master) bus I am only using Acustica Audio compressors and eq. The difference from any other plugins, like for example S*L and N**e bus compressors, as compared to sand and lime is beyond any measure. The only other plugins that are close are from Prime Studio, which by the way use the core technology. Congratulations guys you totally spoiled me. If I had known about Acustica Audio before I would have never bought so many plugins from other companies. By the way, cobalt is simply one of the most fantastic pieces of audio software I ever heard.
Best wishes
MBrio
Last edited by mbrio on Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.

giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Re: I hate Acustica Audio

Post by giancarlo » Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:57 pm

Thank you!!

mathias
Expert
Expert

Post by mathias » Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:17 am

ahaha poor guy ... another addict :D

cobalt-comp on the masterbus is the smoothest and most elegant compressor i have heard ITB.
let's see if acustica beats its mark again in the future :mrgreen:
system 1: windows 8 32 bit - samplitude prox/x3, tracktion6/7, reaper
system 2: mac osx yosemite - reaper(32+64bit), tracktion6/7(32+64bit)

both systems on: macbook pro (late 2009), core 2 duo 3,06 ghz, 4 gb ram, graphic: nvidia geforce 9600M GT 512 MB

realhomerecording
User Level II
User Level II

Post by realhomerecording » Thu Mar 08, 2018 5:56 pm

mbrio wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:57 pm
Acustica Audio plugins are so damn fantastically good that ruined my listening to any other plugins I insert in my mixes! In my mix (master) bus I am only using Acustica Audio compressors and eq. The difference from any other plugins, like for example S*L and N**e bus compressors, as compared to sand and lime is beyond any measure. The only other plugins that are close are from Prime Studio, which by the way use the core technology. Congratulations guys you totally spoiled me. If I had known about Acustica Audio before I would have never bought so many plugins from other companies. By the way, cobalt is simply one of the most fantastic pieces of audio software I ever heard.
Best wishes
MBrio
Acustica plugins opened my ears to what the big name audio engineers are able to use. They may not be "as good" as hardware but they certainly to me sound "better" and you can get a usable sound out of them faster than most digital EQs.

I call using AA equalizers "cheating". Ever since I tried my first Acqua (Magenta) I've been hooked on the way my tracks can be processed/massaged. They come to "life" through the acqua plugins.

When it comes to being skeptical about audio gear, I'm one of the biggest ones out there. The praise for this company is well deserved. When it comes to Nebula vs. algorithms, they simply built a better mouse trap.

Ivory or Azure is probably going to be my next purchase. I really want to go "all in" so my usual "clean" EQs can be retired. Lemon is also on my wish list even though Echoboy satisfies most of my delay needs. I haven't checked out Ebony yet because my wallet just can't handle it ahahaha.

I'm still not 100% sold on the compressors but they have a different flavor than your typical algorithmic compressors. There are some very good algo comps out there though and perhaps one day Nebula based compressors will equal the quality of Nebula EQs.