Ochre (free homebrew eq)

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support
User avatar
Dimzo
Member
Member
Posts: 201
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:19 pm

Re: What is Ochre

Post by Dimzo » Wed Jul 29, 2015 10:20 am

Thanks guys, i'm looking forward to it ;)

wrigout
User Level IV
User Level IV
Posts: 49
Joined: Sat Sep 13, 2014 4:12 pm

Re: What is Ochre

Post by wrigout » Wed Jul 29, 2015 10:23 am

Wow thanks man !

And also thank you for the stellar work on pEArL.

THIS is the future.

User avatar
SteDal
Expert
Expert
Posts: 686
Joined: Sun Mar 28, 2010 8:21 pm
Location: Northern Italy

Re: What is Ochre

Post by SteDal » Wed Jul 29, 2015 10:40 am

I forgot to mention the tech specs:

- 3 parametric bands, individually switchable;
- boost/cut: +/-16dB;
- Q from 0.5 to 4;
- lows from 35 to 315 Hz;
- mids from 315 to 2500 Hz;
- highs from 2500 to 22000 Hz.
- switchable preamp stage (discrete + transformer).
Win 10/64 - Intel i7-5820K - Intel i7-4510U - Reaper 6

mymusic
Expert
Expert
Posts: 698
Joined: Sat May 29, 2010 4:24 am

Re: What is Ochre

Post by mymusic » Wed Jul 29, 2015 1:19 pm

Big thanks to @SteDal and Aa Team :-) Honestly much respect for pushing forward the boundaries of Audio plugins.

Taking note on how PEarl has changed the game in terms of EQ, considering Core 7 coming soon, the future is looking nothing but brighter with AA homebrew and Acqua series ;-)

We're living in exciting times indeed ;-) Woooooow Can't wait to put these new lines in work.

Cheers :-)
Music Producer - Mix Engineer - Entrepreneur
http://www.soundcloud.com/absolutmy
Platform: Win Ultimate x64 SP1 bit-16 GigRam|DAW: Studio One x64|Reaper x64 & others| SoundCard: Antelope Zen Studio

User avatar
himhui
Expert
Expert
Posts: 1284
Joined: Sun Mar 28, 2010 6:04 pm

Re: What is Ochre

Post by himhui » Wed Jul 29, 2015 1:30 pm

Passion, Passion, Passion! :D !
Xeon E5-2697 v4/Win10 x64/64G ram/ Quadro K620
Reaper 5.974/X-Touch
Prism Orpheus/ RME Babyface Pro

Mannymac
Member
Member
Posts: 205
Joined: Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:32 am

Re: What is Ochre

Post by Mannymac » Wed Jul 29, 2015 4:23 pm

What will Core7 bring to the table by the way?
Even better CPU Performance?
Will all Core 6 products be updated ?(including Magenta, Murano etc.)

User avatar
Support
Expert
Expert
Posts: 3672
Joined: Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:33 am
Location: Lodi, Lombardia, Italy.
Contact:

Re: What is Ochre

Post by Support » Wed Jul 29, 2015 5:20 pm

Mannymac wrote:What will Core7 bring to the table by the way?
Even better CPU Performance?
Will all Core 6 products be updated ?(including Magenta, Murano etc.)
We will provide information and feature about CORE7 soon.
Best regards,
Acustica Audio help-desk service and support.
https://www.acustica-audio.com/
Acustica Audio is a trademark of Acusticaudio SRL.

To contact Acustica Audio support go to the ‘Support’ in your Acustica Audio account.
We do not provide support via social networks, public forums, Acustica Audio forums, or email accounts.

User avatar
giancarlo
Founder
Founder
Posts: 11214
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:40 pm
Location: Italy

Re: What is Ochre

Post by giancarlo » Wed Jul 29, 2015 5:50 pm

Mannymac wrote:What will Core7 bring to the table by the way?
Even better CPU Performance?
Will all Core 6 products be updated ?(including Magenta, Murano etc.)
Ochre and Scarlet will be Core6.
Core7 will be announced in september!

NoNameComesInMind
Member
Member
Posts: 273
Joined: Wed Apr 22, 2015 1:45 pm

Re: What is Ochre

Post by NoNameComesInMind » Thu Jul 30, 2015 6:23 pm

really cool news!

i hope that it will not put Green to shame, still i hope it does :D since they seem similar in character just by description, either way -they will probably not sound the same and that is always exciting.

looking forward to it, thank you for your efforts SteDal!
EQualizer, Nebula, Coffee.

kindafishy
Vip Member
Vip Member
Posts: 435
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2011 2:08 pm

Re: What is Ochre

Post by kindafishy » Fri Jul 31, 2015 3:30 am

Now this is a very cool and unexpected development.

Here is my ideal super-EQ:
- A*I 550B bands including the 1 and 4 shelf/peak options.
- N**e 1081 HP/LP filters.
- Drive options.
- Colour options.
- Pultec low end boost/attenuate combination.

Okay, go.

User avatar
Support
Expert
Expert
Posts: 3672
Joined: Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:33 am
Location: Lodi, Lombardia, Italy.
Contact:

Re: What is Ochre

Post by Support » Fri Jul 31, 2015 9:51 am

kindafishy wrote:Now this is a very cool and unexpected development.

Here is my ideal super-EQ:
- A*I 550B bands including the 1 and 4 shelf/peak options.
- N**e 1081 HP/LP filters.
- Drive options.
- Colour options.
- Pultec low end boost/attenuate combination.

Okay, go.
They are already available in Nebula as a 3rd libraries.
Best regards,
Acustica Audio help-desk service and support.
https://www.acustica-audio.com/
Acustica Audio is a trademark of Acusticaudio SRL.

To contact Acustica Audio support go to the ‘Support’ in your Acustica Audio account.
We do not provide support via social networks, public forums, Acustica Audio forums, or email accounts.

kindafishy
Vip Member
Vip Member
Posts: 435
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2011 2:08 pm

Re: What is Ochre

Post by kindafishy » Fri Jul 31, 2015 3:01 pm

Support wrote:
kindafishy wrote:Now this is a very cool and unexpected development.

Here is my ideal super-EQ:
- A*I 550B bands including the 1 and 4 shelf/peak options.
- N**e 1081 HP/LP filters.
- Drive options.
- Colour options.
- Pultec low end boost/attenuate combination.

Okay, go.
They are already available in Nebula as a 3rd libraries.
Of course they are. What does that have to do with "my ideal super-EQ"? It cannot be had by what you are suggesting. What you are suggesting would involve stacking several instances of Nebula, each with high CPU, each sampled using old methods which would over-colour the audio.

It wouldn't be anywhere close to what I suggested at all. I'm suggesting a custom hardware EQ built using the above characteristics and circuitry, which is sampled by Acustica. Isn't that the whole point of this homebrew line?

One of us is missing something here.

Isn't the point of this thread, "What is Ochre/homebrew" and even more tantalizing, "What is beyond Ochre/homebrew"?

User avatar
giancarlo
Founder
Founder
Posts: 11214
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:40 pm
Location: Italy

Re: What is Ochre

Post by giancarlo » Fri Jul 31, 2015 11:42 pm

kindafishy wrote:
Support wrote:
kindafishy wrote:Now this is a very cool and unexpected development.

Here is my ideal super-EQ:
- A*I 550B bands including the 1 and 4 shelf/peak options.
- N**e 1081 HP/LP filters.
- Drive options.
- Colour options.
- Pultec low end boost/attenuate combination.

Okay, go.
They are already available in Nebula as a 3rd libraries.
Of course they are. What does that have to do with "my ideal super-EQ"? It cannot be had by what you are suggesting. What you are suggesting would involve stacking several instances of Nebula, each with high CPU, each sampled using old methods which would over-colour the audio.

It wouldn't be anywhere close to what I suggested at all. I'm suggesting a custom hardware EQ built using the above characteristics and circuitry, which is sampled by Acustica. Isn't that the whole point of this homebrew line?

One of us is missing something here.

Isn't the point of this thread, "What is Ochre/homebrew" and even more tantalizing, "What is beyond Ochre/homebrew"?
yes

Furykane
User Level 0
User Level 0
Posts: 8
Joined: Sat May 15, 2010 10:28 pm

Re: What is Ochre

Post by Furykane » Sat Aug 01, 2015 1:00 am

Thanks great i'm looking foward to use it!

User avatar
tumburu
Vip Member
Vip Member
Posts: 462
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:00 pm

Re: What is Ochre

Post by tumburu » Sat Aug 01, 2015 4:53 pm

This is, indeed, incredible.

Will probably be the best freebie ever.

Post Reply