Scarlet VS "Classic Scarlet"

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support
nous777
User Level III
User Level III

Re: Scarlet VS "Classic Scarlet"

Post by nous777 » Tue Apr 05, 2016 5:11 pm

I do have and important question.
I heard up on the original piece scarlet was based from mildly and I was considering pink bu decided as i have amythist and really want a coloured fine quality mixer or exemplary I focused n scarlet.
Albei I noticed is not avaiable on my boad under aqua, i found it by looking up scarlet and was looking on eviews on kv and it said, manufactuer asked tht it not be reviewed, and finally there is alk f a new scalet comming out. As i am ready to puchase now that ive seen pink(sorry for typing, hand is not good at moment) I am just interesd in whats going on with scarlet, what are opines of it by those who have it and where is it going soon and are there an issues that are being dealt with, meaning is a new build going ou soon or in future that is best to wait.
I have amythst, honey, magenta, trinity and a whole lot of 3d party, as well orange. I ather ike colouration, and have pleny of transpaent eq,s good lod i have so many. But since i found acusetica back with trinity, albeit i had to put it ond till core came out, im rather les say loal to acusica and need something that exceeds what I have, my fave probably being al of them as each has is niche.
Bu any advice on scarlet and eh I assume that it was not on kvr as, is being refitted or redacted. o would anothere be bette, but the gear its based off was trulyone of a kind, so....
But anyone? ioy is a bi abov what i can affod due to medical, its smal difernece but an absolute one. so im limited with my couon o about 112euro, and as being in Us, have o watch the maket flux lik a hawk.
Sorry for the prolixity of verbage and love your stuff. Pace. Nous.

giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Post by giancarlo » Tue Apr 05, 2016 10:35 pm

Scarlet is a clean mastering-grade device. You could appreciate it on very high-end loudspeakers. In the hardware domain it would cost more than 10000, because there is an hell of work to do for assembling it.
It is the opposite of "color".

nous777
User Level III
User Level III

Post by nous777 » Wed Apr 06, 2016 3:04 am

So scarlet is good and no revisions, as, i tend to choose i 10% over pink and am ettering on i but I saw somone say it wa sdue for a refit and that people ho owned older verion would have to but upgrads o that maybei had some probs, if you can give me the thumbs up, ill go ahead and get scarlet. I jus saw things here and thre, albeit i didn check dates.
unless youad recommend sometin you think is superior noting per, that i love amythst, magenta, trint and honey is great, ornge i love bu wish it had all 8 onrollers rather han 4 which are change able bu i use i often n'er the less. as looking a amber but i far scarlett, afe erading about the orginal is speced o..and agin orry abou ying hand neds a fw motr days killed a nerve and i cant lift fingers or palm.

RJHollins
Expert
Expert

Post by RJHollins » Wed Apr 06, 2016 5:37 am

Hi nous,

Yes ... it is difficult to 'read' you posting, making it difficult to understand what you are looking for [sonically and functionality].

From what I can decipher, you seem to be looking for a 'CLEAN' equalizer with, I think, multiple bands [?].

If so ... WHITE and SCARLET might be ones to consider. Another 'clean' unit would be GREEN.

They are each 'clean', but still have different character and curve.

3rd ... as to 'updates' ... don't be surprised if all these units are schedualed for updates [free]. There are new developments evolving as we speak :mrgreen:

Maybe .... you can clarify [maybe someone else can type out :P ], what you are considering /need. I sure many will offer their observation/experience.
i7-5820k, MSI X99A Plus, 16 GIG Ram, Noctua NH-D14, Win-7 Pro [64-bit], Reaper-64

NVC [Nebula Virtual Controllers]

nous777
User Level III
User Level III

Post by nous777 » Wed Apr 06, 2016 8:01 am

thank you, i will try one finger.
you answered my main issue as ive read on the original machine that scarlet is based, which it said as he was musical enginner made it in a special way similar perhaps to story behind the Fearn bu not a passive pultec design, so its sort of one of a kind and especially musical respective to curves and such.
prob was i read somewhere on this site, maybe gearsluts about possible redo, but again i didnt check date in looking back.
also when looking for reveiw on kvr, it was redacted saying, manufacturer ask it not be commented on, and thus was pulled, which was odd, again i didnt check date in hindsight but made me a bit concerned, as amber and amethyst, trinity and many others are quite common and available, little i could find on scarlet so, eh worried me, so i thought to ask as i know some changes had been done which is which i mention hindsight alot.
at same time i found only one other article on scarlet on net, this backed what innitally ulled me yp it, it wa special gear, like perhaps fairchild or original E*I's are special.Meaning it's a rare piece and tis article pointed, your hand building one from the blueprints using better parts all around and perhaps tweaking it actually took it beyond the original.
but so i was confused, as even on my forum age here, i see no option for scarlet under acqu, and so, i was thus in considerable confusion. what i look for if i go for the acquas are rare special one of a kinds. i tend to spend hours looking up history of gear, as with magenta, to find it i had to type in numbers on variables on knobs until i fund the blue prints for original hardware was known. as i have many 3rd party stuff so like with pink, over so many years, as before i found acutica and then once cpu usge was down and i had gotten a xeon v3, i coul then procure but, its not oversaying i to say i have plenty of gear. albeit due to medical problems of late, unassociated with hand i have to be wise with what i get now due to costs due to medical, if that makes sense so i usually stick to 3rd parties now unless you do a gem. amethyst i love for instance, and whn i found history on it,was very pleased as i can really do wonders with it. bu thank you, im sorry, for bad writing as its problematic, as this hand, haha, my right, which for a right handed guitarist is not a bad loss has only 2 fingers, so typing with one hand is not east due to this. oddly it improved my keys playing because when younger i favored my right and with keys left has more value to me as its like te drummer and bass of band here right is more things i can midi edit in later. hehe TMI yes. But thank you and left hand should be back next 2 days.
Thank you so much for your aid as, i know i can ramble and how bad writing has become since i smooshed my nerve.
Pace.

RJHollins
Expert
Expert

Post by RJHollins » Wed Apr 06, 2016 8:34 am

The first 'concern' you mention is regarding updates/upgrades to a particular unit.

It may help to understand ... ACQUA/Nebula have been in serious development/evolution. Every new product tends to focus and force new advancements.

The side benefit ... maybe previous releases can be candidate for these updates/improvements. Often time it requires a separate version release [all of which have been free to current owners], the reason being backward compatibility awareness. Previous projects cannot be put in jeopardy ... thus new version.

2. Caution has been expressed by AA management to minimize association of ANY ACQUA product to any commercially available hardware for legal concerns. That is why we play 'word games' as to possible associations, and AA makes consorted effort to customize each ACQUA product.

To learn more ... this AA forum is THE place for that. If you enjoy the research, then searching this forum will lead to many threads dealing with all topics of interest.

To that, there will be comments from those customers as to the nature/sonics of the beast in question.

You need to be specific with questions regarding layout design/function and sonic characters of a particular unit. Only then can you get opinion that may help guide you.

Personally, I make point NOT to buy something because I like [or dis-like] a particular product ... for specific reason.

Without doubt ... most every ACQUA product emanates from unique, treasures. Sometimes they are a mixture from several units. But I can say that each unit is unique. We will all have our favorites, and that can expand upon a new release. :lol:

There are new DEMOS in the work, as most have expired for the moment. Ideally this is the best way to form opinion. But through the forum, are a diverse community covering the musical gamete.

For my mastering work, there are ACQUAS and Nebula libraries that I custom pick for each project requirement. This is where the time, study, and experience go into, and the beauty of this technology.
i7-5820k, MSI X99A Plus, 16 GIG Ram, Noctua NH-D14, Win-7 Pro [64-bit], Reaper-64

nous777
User Level III
User Level III

Post by nous777 » Wed Apr 06, 2016 6:06 pm

FYI I Purchased scarlet.
I did find he tread on te forum which alked of a price increase on scarlet 3, which i blieve I misunderstood as a update fee.
a ew things, as i as told to goto forums, bu as I've said here Is No Scarlet subforum which did provke caution in me, as will, there are no advertisemens on you tube for it, which just, on wonders a, eh Ive had experiences with companies and the suddenly decide to drop a product, but so, i just learned to look for anomalies.
But woudl be nice to have a scarlet subforum as, would know where to go when im told o goto forums, as neither is their a forum for White. another you recommended.
But so far scarlet as ive test drove her, has a very transparent quality which for master is nice as, that why I have pre, tape and console emulation.
As you see my hand is better.
But you see part of isue was, with no scarlet sub forum, and there are few if any post on it, and so net was where i had to go short fo the sales advertisement.
and lastly per the former s o m, I had feeling, perhaps it as my ape like typing a the time, but i seemed you did a cursory scan of what i wrote, albeit i may be mistaken as alo of ha was said ma have ben no said if you read deeper, like ha i could fin li o no nfo o scarlet bu announmen and commens of gle or cynical posits that i lacked coloration of the original scarlet?
I anted reviws an commn from usrs, o reviews, but as I said KVR was asked by AA to remove review of scarlet, and when you're looking to buy a product, you have to admit, that is unusual from a person s myself looking for info, or again no you tube video on scarlet period, i found not on and, well i hope ou can understand hy i was asking such questions, then look and s oh no forum for scarlet; and o no be curious. These were things i adressed and I got a talk on why AA has to use wods games tat everyone in buis does to avoid patent infringments.
Albeit i got scarlet an so far am pleased, but ned to finish my song and do final mix or a few songs in a few genres. But i will rty to post a goo reiew when i have usd it a mwhil so others have opinions of other cusomers. Bu i hope you get my point.
Anyway, thank you and Pace.

RJHollins
Expert
Expert

Post by RJHollins » Wed Apr 06, 2016 7:28 pm

nous777
User Level III
User Level III

Post by nous777 » Sat Apr 09, 2016 9:46 am

I did a master with Scarlet today, and wanted as I said, to post my response, as I've used Magenta and Honey as well others with m/s capability where you can switch l/r to m/s, which was in itself a masterpiece, but over all I must say scarlet takes the cake and is absolutely gorgeous.
I used amethyst for most the track buss eq'ing and it's my favorite there.
Scarlet has alot of side capabilities like having access to the shelving levels which is a sweet xtra.
Also I use both sampled instruments and analoge ins from a Rode K2 and a F*******e pre, so you have an idea what hardware I,m pulling from.
What is great is its my pre master master, so no console or coloration with pre' as often I'd choose one for each buss with telefunken tubes, as alexb I owe so much to his high quality stuff as well I use Doc Fear to cull the hyperaesthetic penchants of the K2.(needs a passive eq to temper its hieghtened awareness).
But absolutely pleased with Scarlet and, hopefully anyone needing a review from a user, this will satisfy that.
Had a studio since I was 16, I'm 45. I write every genre and have 24 hours plus of recorded material, perhaps 26 now. Stared in Blues, Rock and Jazz, created my wn genre of music a few years back that avoided cyclic nature of most western music without compromising cohesion and sense of it feeling standard and recently finished perfecting my composition f classical orchestral. But so you get an idea where ive been. I tend when I go to a write, perform and record a genre of an era to try t get that tonality of the era which is why nebula has been a massive asset to my life.
But that you and Pace.
Heh, I have, lost use of my right hand totally and lo, my best typing yet.
But thank you, Scarlet resolved my long search for a maser eq that just hits it right on, IMO, of coarse.

lubomba

Post by lubomba » Sat Apr 09, 2016 1:39 pm

Can you tell us how much the price will increase please? Thx