Scarlet mono in Reaper?

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support
beingmf3
Vip Member
Vip Member

Scarlet mono in Reaper?

Post by beingmf3 » Thu Sep 17, 2015 5:04 pm

Since you Acustica guys work in Reaper, too: how to use Scarlet on a mono track? It seems that it's channel 2 which is processing audio. Shouldn't it be channel 1?

jorismak
Vip Member
Vip Member

Re: Scarlet mono in Reaper?

Post by jorismak » Fri Sep 18, 2015 10:55 am

When you have an effect loaded somewhere in Reaper, the dialog in the top right next to the preset dropdown gives buttons like '+', 'param', '2 in 2 out', 'ui'.

the '2 in 2 out' button configures the channels. You can select which channel of the track goes into which channel of the VST, and then which channel of the VST gets put into which channel of the track.

So even if an Acustica plugin is only processing the right channel (seems weird), you can route your 'left' into the plugin 'right', and then the plugin 'right' back into your 'left' without having to do any fancy mojo in the track config.

giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Post by giancarlo » Fri Sep 18, 2015 11:36 am

we'll check the reason why it is inverted. Did you find other plugins with an inverted processing?

beingmf3
Vip Member
Vip Member

Post by beingmf3 » Fri Sep 18, 2015 1:04 pm

giancarlo wrote:we'll check the reason why it is inverted. Did you find other plugins with an inverted processing?
You mean Acqua plugins? I only have Orange and the Ivory demo. I'll check Ivory!

EDIT: even stranger! I just opened the Reaper project, go to the kick drum track (only the R side of Scarlet is switched on due to the reported channel thing), but today the left channel is the mono channel. I haven't touched it since then!?!?

(no drugs involved!) :lol: