Ultramarine (mid/side vintage compressor)

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support
russianpolecat
User Level XI
User Level XI
Posts: 169
Joined: Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:16 pm

Re: Ultramarine (mid/side vintage compressor)

Post by russianpolecat » Mon Aug 03, 2015 12:59 pm

Acusticaaudiouser33 wrote:It seems like the UM's meters don't really work when going for a light reduction of 0-1 db: They always do a jiggly dance showing 1-3 db reduction no matter how low input and threshold are set.

Has this been addressed for the release?

thanks and regards
Really? I'm not getting that behaviour at all. I can manage to get things so that the meters are barely moving, perhaps half a dB/1dB at most - there is still compression, indeed I think more than the .05dB/1dB suggests. I know they're working on more accurate meters, but nevertheless you should be able to get it to do light reduction. A levels issue perhaps?

udo
User Level X
User Level X
Posts: 107
Joined: Wed Jun 06, 2012 4:01 pm
Location: Germany / Namibia-Africa

Re: Ultramarine (mid/side vintage compressor)

Post by udo » Mon Aug 03, 2015 1:25 pm

russianpolecat wrote:
Acusticaaudiouser33 wrote:It seems like the UM's meters don't really work when going for a light reduction of 0-1 db: They always do a jiggly dance showing 1-3 db reduction no matter how low input and threshold are set.

Has this been addressed for the release?

thanks and regards
Really? I'm not getting that behaviour at all. I can manage to get things so that the meters are barely moving, perhaps half a dB/1dB at most - there is still compression, indeed I think more than the .05dB/1dB suggests. I know they're working on more accurate meters, but nevertheless you should be able to get it to do light reduction. A levels issue perhaps?



The meters show in general a unreliable and uncontrolled behavior, that goes for almost all acqua plug-ins.I know "mix with the ears and not with the eyes",but the meters are part of the plug-ins and are supposed to work accurate! But I guess AA WILL SORT THIS PROBLEM OUT,isn't it Giancarlo? Regards.

NoNameComesInMind
Member
Member
Posts: 273
Joined: Wed Apr 22, 2015 1:45 pm

Re: Ultramarine (mid/side vintage compressor)

Post by NoNameComesInMind » Mon Aug 03, 2015 1:37 pm

Acusticaaudiouser33 wrote:It seems like the UM's meters don't really work when going for a light reduction of 0-1 db: They always do a jiggly dance showing 1-3 db reduction no matter how low input and threshold are set.

Has this been addressed for the release?

thanks and regards

Giancarlo wrote:it was reported in the past that compression is a bit more than what we show in our meters, so they are maybe not 3dB but way more. If you hear it pumping, they are not 3dB. When the needle barely moves it is compressing already a lot.


he also stated they'll work on meters in previous posts
EQualizer, Nebula, Coffee.

ce1909
Member
Member
Posts: 232
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2012 6:16 pm

Re: Ultramarine (mid/side vintage compressor)

Post by ce1909 » Mon Aug 03, 2015 1:57 pm

giancarlo wrote:release date: 22 jul both for a trial version and a presale.
Product will be released on 3rd august. Trial version will be a full working product, so it is possible we'll send it to new customers even before.

Trial version will not be compatible with commercial version.



When is this going to show up in my account?
thanks

User avatar
giancarlo
Founder
Founder
Posts: 10887
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:40 pm
Location: Italy

Re: Ultramarine (mid/side vintage compressor)

Post by giancarlo » Mon Aug 03, 2015 3:16 pm

the product will be released between today and tomorrow

ce1909
Member
Member
Posts: 232
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2012 6:16 pm

Re: Ultramarine (mid/side vintage compressor)

Post by ce1909 » Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:08 pm

Downloaded & in use. The license email arrived within one minute.

mtalavera
Member
Member
Posts: 314
Joined: Sat May 07, 2011 10:55 pm

Re: Ultramarine (mid/side vintage compressor)

Post by mtalavera » Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:52 pm

Ultramarine (non-trial version) now showing up in my Dashboard. Phew, I think my trial was going to expire today. Thank you Acustica for releasing today.

ce1909
Member
Member
Posts: 232
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2012 6:16 pm

Re: Ultramarine (mid/side vintage compressor)

Post by ce1909 » Mon Aug 03, 2015 7:16 pm

Now that I have the full version installed & working can I delete those 2 trial files in the main folder?
(ULTTRL.ser + ULTTRL.aut.)

Everything else stays, correct?

mightymosaic
Member
Member
Posts: 297
Joined: Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:17 am

Re: Ultramarine (mid/side vintage compressor)

Post by mightymosaic » Mon Aug 03, 2015 7:36 pm

ce1909 wrote:Now that I have the full version installed & working can I delete those 2 trial files in the main folder?
(ULTTRL.ser + ULTTRL.aut.)

Everything else stays, correct?


Correct

Congrats on the release fellas. I have a minor issue/suggestion. It would be nice to be able to use the preamp and coloration of this unit without the big CPU load of the compressor. Is it possible to create a bypass of the comp so we are strictly getting the harmonics and nothing else?

ce1909
Member
Member
Posts: 232
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2012 6:16 pm

Re: Ultramarine (mid/side vintage compressor)

Post by ce1909 » Mon Aug 03, 2015 8:11 pm

mightymosaic wrote:
ce1909 wrote:Now that I have the full version installed & working can I delete those 2 trial files in the main folder?
(ULTTRL.ser + ULTTRL.aut.)

Everything else stays, correct?


Correct


Thanks

Where is the Ultramarine? I only have Ultramarine LIVE (zero latency)

Post Reply