Pearl Comp Phase Bug

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support
babiuk
Vip Member
Vip Member

Re: Pearl Comp Phase Bug

Post by babiuk » Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:29 am

I am on mac too, I still have not downloaded that upgrade, I will do it of course, but I would like to ask you if this phase issue is really a drastic issue. I have been using Pearl2 as is and I have not got any problem about phase, it is true I have not verified if the plugin reverse the phase, but I have been doing last days a lot of null test with mono files on reaper (turning on/off phase button) and I didn't notice nothing strange regarding phase nulls, and I was using a lots of plugins, I did not see any different behaviour among pearl2 and the rest
Mac Pro 5,1 / 6-core Intel Xeon / 16 GB Ram / El Capitan / Reaper / H******* Mixbuss

be a gorilla

Post by be a gorilla » Thu Mar 23, 2017 12:57 pm

put the strip with preamp engaged on one Channel and on another channel with same audio file just compressor with preamp engaged. there you hear phase cancelation.

nor does has the modulazione parameter in strip a non stepped behaviour as in standalone comp.

so indeed it would ne nice to get an update with correct behaviour.

best regards

Ciaskino
User Level 0
User Level 0

Post by Ciaskino » Thu Mar 23, 2017 1:28 pm

robschroeder wrote:Within which time? My requests usually get answered within 24h.
Tuesday morning............

be a gorilla

Post by be a gorilla » Thu Mar 23, 2017 1:52 pm

same here. ticket for phase bug open and ticket for shmod behaviour on hold. seems they are busy for diamond or prime studio funky junk compressor

gmac1
User Level 0
User Level 0

Post by gmac1 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 4:11 pm

be a gorilla wrote:put the strip with preamp engaged on one Channel and on another channel with same audio file just compressor with preamp engaged. there you hear phase cancelation.
I get occasional phase weirdness doing this even without engaging the preamp. Just having the standalone compressor instantiated - without the ON or PREAMP button engaged will cause this. It is much worse and constant with the PREAMP button engaged, though.

So...what exactly is that large revision I just installed actually doing?

be a gorilla

Post by be a gorilla » Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:27 pm

Today they uploaded fix files for phase bug for MAC. as in included text file i copied the files but sadly it doesn't solved the bug. but the good side is, they working on it

best regards

gus_vccs
User Level XI
User Level XI

Post by gus_vccs » Sat Mar 25, 2017 11:33 pm

So, they uploaded a new file today. Pearl2Strip rel C phase fix (which is odd, because the phase bug is with the comp). Unlike the previous fix, there is no instruction, so I guess we just have to install it, right?

Have anyone tried? I'm downloading now... let's see.

gus_vccs
User Level XI
User Level XI

Post by gus_vccs » Sun Mar 26, 2017 12:19 am

Neither the new Strip installer, nor the 2 vectors posted before worked here.

be a gorilla

Post by be a gorilla » Sun Mar 26, 2017 12:37 am

confirmed. continuous shmod on strip also doesn't fixed

gus_vccs
User Level XI
User Level XI

Post by gus_vccs » Sun Mar 26, 2017 5:02 pm

This is taking a bit too long, isn't it? I don't know if Acustica is really looking for it.

Windows version is already fixed?

ekkord
User Level V
User Level V

Post by ekkord » Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:12 am

Support
Expert
Expert

Post by Support » Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:44 am

We are working in a new version which will fix preamp polarity problem in Pearl2 channel strip for OSX.

Other issues mentioned in this topic where not replicated in our test computers using last version available in download section.

We suggest open a support ticket and tell us exactly which installer version are your using and which is the wrong behaviour you get.
Best regards,
Enrique Silveti.
Acustica Audio customer and technical support
http://www.acustica-audio.com

DarkandKurious
User Level X
User Level X

Post by DarkandKurious » Mon Mar 27, 2017 12:33 pm

Hi Enrique,

The channel strip is fine here (it uses the pearl preamp, not the compressor preamp doesn't it?) on the most recent release. It is the standalone compressor preamp that inverts the phase (maybe the hardware was pin 3 hot rather than pin 2 hot?). I think it is PEARL_PRECMP, not PEARL_PRE that is inverted.

Easiest test is two channels with the same audio file, with pearl comp on one, with the preamp engaged. They will cancel.

The recent release of the Strip does have continuous SHMOD for me, which was the other problem.
macOS Sierra, ProTools 12.8
Navy, Purple, Pink 2412/7236, Ultramarine, Coral, Lime, Pearl, Diamond, Gold, Cobalt, Ebony

be a gorilla

Post by be a gorilla » Mon Mar 27, 2017 1:24 pm

Here shmod doesn't work with latest installer "Pearl2Strip Vst & AU Installer vers 1_4_155 rel C".
ticket already send , it's on-hold.
edit: shmod work continuous with original skin, but stepped with english version.

agree with darkandkurious about preamp situation.

best regards

gus_vccs
User Level XI
User Level XI

Post by gus_vccs » Mon Mar 27, 2017 2:29 pm

Yes, shmod (modulazione) works perfect here with the Italian skin.

The only problem now is with the phase in the Standalone Compressor. Just test it like darkandkurious said.