Pearl's GUI

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support
babiuk
Vip Member
Vip Member

Re: Pearl's GUI

Post by babiuk » Mon Mar 13, 2017 6:32 pm

I just tried the new english skins. Maybe I am spoiling the party, but I do prefer so much the italian originals... I have put them back so I will keep originals.

The fonts on the news are clearer, ok, but it is so far away from the "vintage" and cool looking unit like original skin was.

In my case the blur/language is not as important, I don´t need to be reading every time I use it. Recently I posted about my sadness about losing(when jumping to N4) some N3 skins like J37 or Varilevel because they contribute so much to my good experience working with these libraries on N3. Of course the important side is the sounding side, but at this point of extreme amazing sound I find nice to have a GUI cool to watch, it has been said so much about it in the past and it is something which helps to make nebula workflow more friendly. So I am not going to lose a really cool skin like the original italian they made, I am not changing it for an english one with clerarer fonts. I use to do design work and I am very sensitive to a lot of aspects of image, specially on the vintage/cool context, so my vote is for the italian. (I will not say a word about the choice of font for english version... :roll: , I suppose that it may have been something like "you want clear? take it clear...", hehe :twisted:)
Anyway it is ok everyone can use which one he prefers.
Mac Pro 5,1 / 6-core Intel Xeon / 16 GB Ram / El Capitan / Reaper / H******* Mixbuss

robschroeder
Vip Member
Vip Member

Post by robschroeder » Mon Mar 13, 2017 7:06 pm

babiuk wrote:I just tried the new english skins. Maybe I am spoiling the party, but I do prefer so much the italian originals... I have put them back so I will keep originals.
Same here. Staying with the italian one. But I never had problems with the GUI from beginning on. I don't care about blurry fonts. But it's a nice move from AA to give an alternative GUI for those who want it.

RJHollins
Expert
Expert

Post by RJHollins » Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:08 am

Anytime a GUI interface distracts me from my prime job of listening ... then there is a problem with that GUI.

Ergonomics is a Science AND an Art. Big companies spend a lot of time and research on this.

A 'pretty picture' and a GUI interface share one thing ... a face.

A 'GUI', is a Graphical USER Interface. It is the portal/vehicle through which the User navigates one's mission.

Both 'can' be a 'Work of Art'.

8-)
i7-5820k, MSI X99A Plus, 16 GIG Ram, Noctua NH-D14, Win-7 Pro [64-bit], Reaper-64

NVC [Nebula Virtual Controllers]

nverxion

Post by nverxion » Tue Mar 14, 2017 6:11 am

Choices are good. Optimization is important for a lot of people. Coral was a nice entry on this front, with five skins to choose from. That makes it even more fun. I really think a feedback thread for new skins would be great. Hopefully there can be such a thing for future releases (again, for those who care about such things).
Azure / Amethyst / AQ3 / Cobalt / Coral / Crimson / Diamond / Emerald / Green / Ivory / Magenta / Navy / Neo / Ochre / Orange / Pearl / Pink / Red / Sand / Scarlet / Tan / Nebula 3 Server

Thierr7
Vip Member
Vip Member

Post by Thierr7 » Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:45 am

About "WHITE 2",

I'm a the only one who got distracted with Low bands on top and high ones at the bottom ?

I know some are going to say it's not much but i'm always distracted by the "reversed" GUI , well , that's the way i feel at least when working with this great Eq ... :?

EDIT : Thanks for the "ALT" English PearL skins , that makes everybody happy !

Jackanory
User Level II
User Level II

Post by Jackanory » Sat Mar 18, 2017 2:36 am

I'm a little stuck with getting the new skin installed... Using OSX, Logic Pro. Have put the files in my componants folder and no change... Am i missing something?

davidgary73
Expert
Expert

Post by davidgary73 » Sat Mar 18, 2017 2:45 am

Jackanory wrote:I'm a little stuck with getting the new skin installed... Using OSX, Logic Pro. Have put the files in my componants folder and no change... Am i missing something?
Move the skins to VST/Acustica folder and you'll have the skin in English.
MacPro 2 x 2.4 Ghz 6 Core Intel Xeon • 28GB Ram • Logic Pro X 10.4.1 • OSX 10.12.6 • VEP 6 • Console 1 •

Please join us - Facebook Acustica Audio Official Group page @ https://www.facebook.com/groups/2161186247437661/

mathias
Expert
Expert

Post by mathias » Sat Mar 18, 2017 3:08 am

... or vst/acustica64 depending on what os-architecture you are using for your daw (32bit or 64bit os)
system 1: windows 8 32 bit - samplitude prox/x3, tracktion6/7, reaper
system 2: mac osx yosemite - reaper(32+64bit), tracktion6/7(32+64bit)

both systems on: macbook pro (late 2009), core 2 duo 3,06 ghz, 4 gb ram, graphic: nvidia geforce 9600M GT 512 MB

Jackanory
User Level II
User Level II

Post by Jackanory » Sat Mar 18, 2017 4:33 am

WOW quick response ! Thanks guys! That did the trick :D

seanandroid
User Level 0
User Level 0

Post by seanandroid » Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:35 am

So I also am in the liking the feel and vibe of the Italian text boat... One thing though, the comp and strip got updated and their updated Italian GUIs are clean and BEAUTIFUL!!!

Any chance we can get the EQ to also get the same GUI update in Italian as the Comp and Strip?

Screenshot to show comparison (top is EQ, bottom two are updated... beautiful I tell ya!)