Pearl's GUI

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support
giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Re: Pearl's GUI

Post by giancarlo » Sun Mar 05, 2017 9:34 am

All fonts in the world are blurred when you resize them.
It is part of the resizing process.
Retina is not a solution, since Windows doesn't have it.
We postponed retina development since my first concern is about delivering the same exact product on both platforms
Size of final font is often a compromise: yes we could make it bigger but we would miss something in the "perception" of the product. There is an hidden language about proportions, in each product we are trying to deliver a message.
While we are speaking, more and more companies are trying to copy acustica in all ways possible. Lucky they often don't understand he process really, they are just trying to copy what they see, but they lack the style. We are just innovators

nverxion

Post by nverxion » Thu Mar 09, 2017 7:51 am

giancarlo wrote:All fonts in the world are blurred when you resize them.
To this I will say a few things:

This is only true if you are referring to resized bitmaps, or rasterized images. I get why you can't use a vector format and retain the photorealistic look. No problems with that whatsoever. But since you are dealing with rendered bitmaps, why not just render them at the final resolution? I'm not sure I understand the need to resize them. Could you not render them at multiple resolutions without resizing anything, and subsequently offer the different sizes as options/substitutions? Options for those of use that want to use a larger gui and don't necessarily need to be inside of N4...
Azure / Amethyst / AQ3 / Cobalt / Coral / Crimson / Diamond / Emerald / Green / Ivory / Magenta / Navy / Neo / Ochre / Orange / Pearl / Pink / Red / Sand / Scarlet / Tan / Nebula 3 Server

nverxion

Post by nverxion » Thu Mar 09, 2017 7:55 am

giancarlo wrote: yes we could make it bigger but we would miss something in the "perception" of the product.
All the more reason to try and make it more clear. The perception of any product is just as heavily based on its visual representation as it is in any other facets.
Azure / Amethyst / AQ3 / Cobalt / Coral / Crimson / Diamond / Emerald / Green / Ivory / Magenta / Navy / Neo / Ochre / Orange / Pearl / Pink / Red / Sand / Scarlet / Tan / Nebula 3 Server

roeland
User Level II
User Level II

Post by roeland » Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:53 pm

The new Engslish Skin that is posted in in the Pearl2 thread - sadly locked by Giancarlo, that's why I post here - has a little mistake. The File reads "PEARL2COMP.N2S" it should be "PEARL2COMPT.N2S" (with an extra T). Without the T it does not change the skin into the much better readable English version. I added the T myself in the N2S file and this made it work.

Hope this helps...

Roeland

grabie
User Level VII
User Level VII

Post by grabie » Fri Mar 10, 2017 1:17 am

English PEARL2COMP_SKIN.N2S works here and looks nice.

Thank you G.
windows 10 x64 - i7 6700K - 32 gb ram - GeForce GTX 960 - Asus Z170-A - RME HDSPe AIO

RJHollins
Expert
Expert

Post by RJHollins » Fri Mar 10, 2017 1:53 am

roeland wrote:The new Engslish Skin that is posted in in the Pearl2 thread - sadly locked by Giancarlo, that's why I post here - has a little mistake. The File reads "PEARL2COMP.N2S" it should be "PEARL2COMPT.N2S" (with an extra T). Without the T it does not change the skin into the much better readable English version. I added the T myself in the N2S file and this made it work.

Hope this helps...

Roeland
Are you running the TRIAL version ?
i7-5820k, MSI X99A Plus, 16 GIG Ram, Noctua NH-D14, Win-7 Pro [64-bit], Reaper-64

NVC [Nebula Virtual Controllers]

RJHollins
Expert
Expert

Post by RJHollins » Fri Mar 10, 2017 2:02 am

Loaded new English SKIN. works.

This looks SOOOOO much nicer and easier to work.

THANK-YOU for the additional effort. Everyone should be happy with the options.

It should be considered, a 'utilitarian option' for all products that are 'questionable' to offer this type of choice. Combined with the plugin Sonics ... this would be more killer :mrgreen:

--- EDIT ---

We do need to correct some of the DEFAULT RESET values on some KNOBS.

thx
i7-5820k, MSI X99A Plus, 16 GIG Ram, Noctua NH-D14, Win-7 Pro [64-bit], Reaper-64

jammer2nd
User Level V
User Level V

Post by jammer2nd » Fri Mar 10, 2017 4:34 am

ohh! did someone just have a temper Tantrum!!!! :( really!!!
PINK BUNDLE, HONEY, NAVY, SAND+Fab4, pEArL2, Diamond
Win 10 / Reaper i7 479x, 8GB sdd (apps), 2 x ide (data)

InTheChaos
User Level II
User Level II

Post by InTheChaos » Fri Mar 10, 2017 4:55 am

Ummm..where do we put this new GUI file? I thought is was obvious...but maybe not...nothing has changed.

Also..where are the XML files everyone is talking about? It is funny...I have been using Aquas since they began, but I haven't really touched anything, and my alterations skills apparently suck. *smile*

roeland
User Level II
User Level II

Post by roeland » Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:49 am

Yes RJHollins, I am running the trial version. There is a post just above that indicates that the regsitered version might does not have this problem...

Roeland

RJHollins
Expert
Expert

Post by RJHollins » Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:59 am

mostly likely the 'T' in the skin for Trial.

Phelix

Post by Phelix » Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:20 am

Apart limitations of the present JUCE framework /no Retina/scalable, I do have a little problem with colorized active push buttons, the indicated tinted yellow is just too weak.

I kind of like the Italian labels, it feels authentic:)
Ableton⎜Studio One⎜Reaper⎜VST2⎜macOS10.13⎜[email protected]/32GB⎜RME ADI-2 Pro⎜ATC

nverxion

Post by nverxion » Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:28 am

Just wanted to point this out...

I took a screen grab of the product gallery image of the frontal view; a render of the same image as the actual GUI, only used as promotional material.

I haven't seen the English one yet, but if it looks like this render here I'll be thrilled. It's much better-looking. My biggest question, as usual, is why does the GUI look the way it does when this exists to prove that the font isn't the issue? This render is awesome :) It's also the same size, so the resize topic brought up earlier doesn't make sense. The additional lighting on the plugin GUI wasn't a plus (not 100% sure but it's probably the cause of the flare around the lettering).

This is what the GUI itself should look like, although the faceplate could be lifted in value a tiny bit. The lighting isn't washed out from an overhead light and the text is crisp and clear. Sharp. The button lights would also stand out more with this. This is a beautiful render.
Attachments
PearlCapture.JPG
Last edited by nverxion on Fri Mar 10, 2017 8:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.

nverxion

Post by nverxion » Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:34 am

InTheChaos wrote:Ummm..where do we put this new GUI file? I thought is was obvious...but maybe not...nothing has changed.

Also..where are the XML files everyone is talking about? It is funny...I have been using Aquas since they began, but I haven't really touched anything, and my alterations skills apparently suck. *smile*
Inside your VSTPlugins folder (on Windows). Sorry I'm not sure about Macs.

Frogy
User Level IV
User Level IV

Post by Frogy » Fri Mar 10, 2017 3:11 pm

Really like the new English GUI. Only problem guys - the output and reduction meter labelling is reversed :? So not really usable at the mo.

Edit: This is on the Strip version. Should have said. Ticket submitted.