Pearl's GUI

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support
nverxion

Re: Pearl's GUI

Post by nverxion » Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:33 pm

Thank you guys so very much for the new skins. It is greatly appreciated. These look significantly better overall than the first versions. They don't appear blown out bright and it greatly helps the legibility of the font. Overly-bright graphics always have a tendency to look "cheap", especially blurry ones.

I couldn't care less what language it's in. What matters is the clarity and readability of the thing in the bigger picture.

The meter labels on the channel strip do need to be switched, but the effort you all have put into listening to us is tremendous and respectfully acknowledged.

In light of this topic, it would be very cool if you included a gui feedback thread for future products before finalizing the designs. That way those of us who care about these things can state our concerns before the releases (everyone else can safely ignore the thread). It would be a great way to have collective improvements made before things are finalized. Kind of like a beta testing for the graphics.

The idea should not be to dictate or sway your vision for each product, but rather to help make each one the strongest it can be, even if it's just a matter of clarifying readability or bringing down a distracting reflection. It would be an awesome way to get your customers involved, which is also something not many other developers are doing.
Azure / Amethyst / AQ3 / Cobalt / Coral / Crimson / Diamond / Emerald / Green / Ivory / Magenta / Navy / Neo / Ochre / Orange / Pearl / Pink / Red / Sand / Scarlet / Tan / Nebula 3 Server

jammer2nd
User Level V
User Level V

Post by jammer2nd » Sat Mar 11, 2017 4:30 am

nverxion wrote:Thank you guys so very much for the new skins. It is greatly appreciated. These look significantly better overall than the first versions. They don't appear blown out bright and it greatly helps the legibility of the font. Overly-bright graphics always have a tendency to look "cheap", especially blurry ones.

I couldn't care less what language it's in. What matters is the clarity and readability of the thing in the bigger picture.

The meter labels on the channel strip do need to be switched, but the effort you all have put into listening to us is tremendous and respectfully acknowledged.

In light of this topic, it would be very cool if you included a gui feedback thread for future products before finalizing the designs. That way those of us who care about these things can state our concerns before the releases (everyone else can safely ignore the thread). It would be a great way to have collective improvements made before things are finalized. Kind of like a beta testing for the graphics.

The idea should not be to dictate or sway your vision for each product, but rather to help make each one the strongest it can be, even if it's just a matter of clarifying readability or bringing down a distracting reflection. It would be an awesome way to get your customers involved, which is also something not many other developers are doing.
+1
PINK BUNDLE, HONEY, NAVY, SAND+Fab4, pEArL2, Diamond
Win 10 / Reaper i7 479x, 8GB sdd (apps), 2 x ide (data)

Beatworld

Post by Beatworld » Sat Mar 11, 2017 5:22 am

thanks VERY MUCH for the new skins.

they look FANTASTIC :D

Thierr7
Vip Member
Vip Member

Post by Thierr7 » Sat Mar 11, 2017 9:01 am

Am i the only one but i can see the new English skins but they just don't work here , just like they weren't authorized !

Win7 x64 , Reaper , VST 2
Back to Italians , lol...

RJHollins
Expert
Expert

Post by RJHollins » Sat Mar 11, 2017 9:47 am

I'm on a similar system, and they all work just fine.

Did you just drop the new SKINS into your Acustica VST folder ? Right where the other N2S files are ?
i7-5820k, MSI X99A Plus, 16 GIG Ram, Noctua NH-D14, Win-7 Pro [64-bit], Reaper-64

NVC [Nebula Virtual Controllers]

JRMusic
User Level V
User Level V

Post by JRMusic » Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:04 am

Same here, plugins requesting authorisation.
Put old ones back for time being. Some parameter or other being changed in the coding?
Just saying though,if I had to use this EQ blind, it would be used a lot. Thanks.

flipnautold
Expert
Expert

Post by flipnautold » Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:35 am

Mille Grazie - new english skins are super!
Studio One on Intel i7 4790k.
Aquas i like are: Lime, Gold, Pink2412, Amethyst2, Honey

Thierr7
Vip Member
Vip Member

Post by Thierr7 » Sat Mar 11, 2017 9:17 pm

RJHollins wrote:I'm on a similar system, and they all work just fine.

Did you just drop the new SKINS into your Acustica VST folder ? Right where the other N2S files are ?
Yes Rj , i first saved the Italian ones in another folder ( outside of original ) then add the new ones , they don't request for auts but i can't do anything , sliders stay down , preamp stay greyed etc.. back to normal with italianskins ...

RJHollins
Expert
Expert

Post by RJHollins » Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:51 pm

hmmm ... the 2 SKINS have different names, so shouldn't have to move any out. Possibly the original skin ties into Authorization.
i7-5820k, MSI X99A Plus, 16 GIG Ram, Noctua NH-D14, Win-7 Pro [64-bit], Reaper-64

NVC [Nebula Virtual Controllers]

mathias
Expert
Expert

Post by mathias » Sun Mar 12, 2017 1:05 am

Thierr7 wrote:
RJHollins wrote:I'm on a similar system, and they all work just fine.

Yes Rj , i first saved the Italian ones in another folder ( outside of original ) then add the new ones , they don't request for auts but i can't do anything , sliders stay down , preamp stay greyed etc.. back to normal with italianskins ...
there is no italian skin to move out!
you maybe removed the original plugin n2s file, which is necessary to get the plugin running. move it back in and put the skin beside it.
then edit the xml to point to the skin.
system 1: windows 8 32 bit - samplitude prox/x3, tracktion6/7, reaper
system 2: mac osx yosemite - reaper(32+64bit), tracktion6/7(32+64bit)

both systems on: macbook pro (late 2009), core 2 duo 3,06 ghz, 4 gb ram, graphic: nvidia geforce 9600M GT 512 MB