Pearl 2!

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support
Locked
linkstate
User Level II
User Level II
Posts: 23
Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2015 11:12 pm

Re: Pearl 2!

Post by linkstate » Sat Mar 04, 2017 9:54 pm

No one seems to bother that at least comp preamp has phase reversed trick/bug?

NoNameComesInMind
Member
Member
Posts: 273
Joined: Wed Apr 22, 2015 1:45 pm

Re: Pearl 2!

Post by NoNameComesInMind » Sat Mar 04, 2017 10:51 pm

G, you mentioned a sort of "gift" for original owners of pearl 1, i'm sorry for asking this off you guys but is it still something you guys have in mind? i'm just curious as you already know i like most of your products.


very best
EQualizer, Nebula, Coffee.

User avatar
giancarlo
Founder
Founder
Posts: 11214
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:40 pm
Location: Italy

Re: Pearl 2!

Post by giancarlo » Sat Mar 04, 2017 11:14 pm

It was the compressor...

kenbobplus3db
User Level X
User Level X
Posts: 110
Joined: Wed Jul 27, 2016 9:58 pm

Re: Pearl 2!

Post by kenbobplus3db » Sun Mar 05, 2017 12:05 am

Wow, compressor sounds really nice!
The EQ sounds really nice, but I'm still learning it's signature personality.

I've notices two instances of different behaviors between the modules and the channel strip that seem as if they could act more uniformly:

The Modulazione control is continuously variable on the Pearl2COMP but stepped to the index values on the Pearl2STRIP. Was this intentional?

On the Pearl2STRIP the reference gain does not seem to affect change the signal level on the left (ingresso) meter, but the reference gain change is reflected on the signal meters of the pearl2(EQ).

I also had a bit of confusion around the "insane" mode on the compressor module. When the switch points away from the logo, the logo lights up. I had to look at my CPU load to confirm that the better sounding one was indeed the insane mode.

Love the fact that control+click now resets knobs to their normal position (frequently 0 dB) and not some arbitrary gain that is located straight up on the dial.

Ok, one last comment: I've been struggling with the installation directory on the last couple acquas I've bought. Sometimes the dll goes into the intended directory but on Pearl2 I had to install it into a nested directory (../plugins/acustica64/acustica64). This makes a difference on how my Sequoia workstation organizes plug-ins, and today I wasn't sure I had successfully installed Pearl2 because I couldn't find it in the intended vst folder. I think some of your relative path-ing may be off, and at any rate should be checked confirmed before releasing the plugin.exe.

mathias
Expert
Expert
Posts: 2727
Joined: Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:25 am
Location: South-West Germany

Re: Pearl 2!

Post by mathias » Sun Mar 05, 2017 1:24 am

kenbobplus3db wrote: ...
Ok, one last comment: I've been struggling with the installation directory on the last couple acquas I've bought. Sometimes the dll goes into the intended directory but on Pearl2 I had to install it into a nested directory (../plugins/acustica64/acustica64). This makes a difference on how my Sequoia workstation organizes plug-ins, and today I wasn't sure I had successfully installed Pearl2 because I couldn't find it in the intended vst folder. I think some of your relative path-ing may be off, and at any rate should be checked confirmed before releasing the plugin.exe.
hmmm, the install behaviour did not really change since a long time ...

there is just one thing to remember:
the acqua installer will always create an acustica or acustica64 folder inside the directory you specified during the installation.
sometimes this is confusing, because it is not really obvious in the installer.
so when you pointed to an existing acustica64 folder, it will create an additional one inside the existing one (like you experienced i guess).
you have to point to the folder "one above".

for vst in windows you can always move the installation to a different place (if you don't mind that the uninstaller won't work after that), just keep everything together as it is. this includes dll, n2s, xml, aut files and the corresponding folder with n2v-files.

disclaimer: don't know what applies for aax on windows and mac. also in osx things are slightly different, as some plugin executables point to certain directories via xml. so you can easily create some confusion when moving things around.
system 1: windows 8 32 bit - samplitude pro x3, waveform 9 (tracktion), reaper
system 2: mac osx yosemite - reaper(64bit), waveform 9 (64bit)

both systems on: macbook pro (late 2009), core 2 duo 3,06 ghz, 4 gb ram, graphic: nvidia geforce 9600M GT 512 MB

mathias
Expert
Expert
Posts: 2727
Joined: Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:25 am
Location: South-West Germany

Re: Pearl 2!

Post by mathias » Sun Mar 05, 2017 1:26 am

kenbobplus3db wrote: ...
The Modulazione control is continuously variable on the Pearl2COMP but stepped to the index values on the Pearl2STRIP. Was this intentional?
...
this is simply a bug :)
was caught to late in beta ...

guess we'll see un update soon
system 1: windows 8 32 bit - samplitude pro x3, waveform 9 (tracktion), reaper
system 2: mac osx yosemite - reaper(64bit), waveform 9 (64bit)

both systems on: macbook pro (late 2009), core 2 duo 3,06 ghz, 4 gb ram, graphic: nvidia geforce 9600M GT 512 MB

User avatar
Thierr7
Vip Member
Vip Member
Posts: 450
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2012 8:52 am
Contact:

Re: Pearl 2!

Post by Thierr7 » Sun Mar 05, 2017 5:28 am

Mannymac wrote:Just received this e-mail from support:

You exceeded maximum limit for a loyal customer discount, to get new loyal customer discount(s) should buy first without discount.

@Giancarlo
I didn't know there is a maximum limit? So people that buy a lot of products are punished for doing so? Doesn't make sense to me I'm afraid.
I got the exact same answer ! lol , i'm not really surprised because i usualy receive discount coupons and i got one a couple of weeks ago not concerning PEARL2 ...

I own every single Aqua + N3 and N4 but ULTRAMARINE and PEARL ... I understand you'd like to make most out of a limited (300) plugins and i understand quiet well the fact that you deserve to make money out of all coming new N4 libs with 3rd party devs ,that's the way it should be , i agree ! (seems like you didn't get much or even nothing from all previous N3 libs from devs , i don't actualy know ...)

But as "Mannymac" mentioned , it's a bit sad for us , loyal customers .

Anyway , i would have bought PEAR2 full price for once since it's known to be a very great and special Eq everybody raves about but i'm really broke and i'll have to do without it ...

I have so much to do with all previous great releases anyway . :)

Best ,

PS : I hope N4 will be updated soon and often ,

Besides , nothing to do with you G , but i feel AlexB could have done a discount for "NEO" and "TRINITY" since they never got updated and are rather buggy and very slow, especially for very loyal custumers like me who bought almost everything from him as well ...

He could have posted something in his forum at least when i mentioned about that , even though he's one of the very best dev on Nebula land ... Just what i feel. :?

Nice Week-End to All ;)
Last edited by Thierr7 on Sun Mar 05, 2017 8:17 am, edited 2 times in total.

Beatworld
Member
Member
Posts: 211
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2014 7:36 am
Location: Perth

Re: Pearl 2!

Post by Beatworld » Sun Mar 05, 2017 7:56 am

I don't think the pre-amp is working in the EQ.

ACCESO is on/off, yes ?
Like bypass the EQ ??
Red = on
Dark = off

ESCLUSO and INCLUSO (under ACCESO) is the pre-amp, yes ?

When I turn ESCLUSO/INCLUSO off/on it turns ACCESO off and on ??

Or, does ACCESSO turn the pre-amp on/off and there is no EQ bypass switch ?

Logic 10.3.1
OSX 10.12.3

Confused ??

Anyone else with Logic tried this ??

User avatar
giancarlo
Founder
Founder
Posts: 11214
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:40 pm
Location: Italy

Re: Pearl 2!

Post by giancarlo » Sun Mar 05, 2017 9:04 am

Yes we are currently betatesting a new n4 version
About pearl I encourage to read the manual, but quickly
Acceso = on
Acustica logo enlightened = insane mode
3-4 = sidechain mode

Several lamps turn on elements: compressor, preamp

User avatar
giancarlo
Founder
Founder
Posts: 11214
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:40 pm
Location: Italy

Re: Pearl 2!

Post by giancarlo » Sun Mar 05, 2017 9:06 am

About discount coupons just ask them once again

Beatworld
Member
Member
Posts: 211
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2014 7:36 am
Location: Perth

Re: Pearl 2!

Post by Beatworld » Sun Mar 05, 2017 9:22 am

giancarlo wrote: About pearl I encourage to read the manual, but quickly
Acceso = on
Acustica logo enlightened = insane mode
3-4 = sidechain mode

Several lamps turn on elements: compressor, preamp
I've read the manual :) (many times )

I'm talking about just the EQ, not the strip or Comp.
Is the Acustica Logo meant to enlighten just in the EQ ??

Beatworld
Member
Member
Posts: 211
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2014 7:36 am
Location: Perth

Re: Pearl 2!

Post by Beatworld » Sun Mar 05, 2017 10:15 am

giancarlo wrote: About pearl I encourage to read the manual, but quickly
Acceso = on
Hello Giancarlo
I'm only talking about the EQ (not the Strip).
Page 8 of the manual says this (as far as is relevant to my question)

Finally, on the right hand side is located the seventh unit, containing the input and output amplifiers, the mains supply unit, the two fuses, the indicator lamps, and the "ESCLUSO-INCLUSO" equaliser slide switch, which allows the preamplifier to be switched in or out.

You say Acceso= On.

WHAT is on ????

The EQ or the pre-amp ?????

In the Compressor section of the manual it says that ACCESO activates the compressor. When the led is off the compressor is bypassed.

The "ESCLUSO-INCLUOS" equaliser slide switch always stays in the Up position.

All that happens when you click that is the ACCESSO button turns on or off ??

So I assume that ACCESSO is the same in the EQ as the compressor but maybe it isn't ??

Very confusing :shock:

What is the "mains supply unit" ?.
Where are the "two fuses" ?
Last edited by Beatworld on Sun Mar 05, 2017 12:26 pm, edited 3 times in total.

User avatar
babiuk
Vip Member
Vip Member
Posts: 386
Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 11:16 am

Re: Pearl 2!

Post by babiuk » Sun Mar 05, 2017 10:18 am

giancarlo wrote:About discount coupons just ask them once again
I asked for it again yesterday but no reply still, maybe I must not expect for it till monday?

I did it reply to the ticket response on the same thread of the ticket.
Maybe is a better idea to open a new ticket for this?
Please let me know because time is running
Last edited by babiuk on Sun Mar 05, 2017 11:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mac Pro 5,1 / 6-core Intel Xeon / 16 GB Ram / El Capitan / Reaper / H******* Mixbuss

Brian
Vip Member
Vip Member
Posts: 372
Joined: Fri Sep 24, 2010 5:10 pm
Location: Taipei, Taiwan / San Francisco, CA

Re: Pearl 2!

Post by Brian » Sun Mar 05, 2017 10:48 am

The strip is amazing on acoustic guitars too!
What a nice surprise...
Official dealer of Acustica Audio products in Taiwan.
Acustica Audio台灣授權經銷商
[email protected]

Mixing/Mastering Engineer at Sentient Sound Labs 覺知音樂工作室

Win10 x64 | Reaper5 | PT12 | Ableton Live 9

User avatar
Thierr7
Vip Member
Vip Member
Posts: 450
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2012 8:52 am
Contact:

Re: Pearl 2!

Post by Thierr7 » Sun Mar 05, 2017 11:19 am

I don't have anything about a discount coupon either :D

Locked