Pearl 2!

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support
giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Re: Pearl 2

Post by giancarlo » Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:15 pm

I think we applied a sort of presale price, because I have this "180 eur" in my mind. Anyway we'll check and we'll adopt the same exact one.

giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Post by giancarlo » Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:16 pm

DavideBurattin wrote:Due the low number of Pearl2 copies available (thas sounds a bit weird for a software product IMO) it would be very interesting and useful to have the chance to try it a couple of days before the start of sale.
This would give to the customer less anxiety on the availability side and more attention on the product sound/features evaluation.

I cannot promise anything but we'll try to do. We are really running.

nverxion

Post by nverxion » Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:41 pm

DavideBurattin wrote:Due the low number of Pearl2 copies available (thas sounds a bit weird for a software product IMO) it would be very interesting and useful to have the chance to try it a couple of days before the start of sale.
This would give to the customer less anxiety on the availability side and more attention on the product sound/features evaluation.
Such is the nature of Pearl. The original was only sold to 99 people. This one obviously has three times that number but it's following the same concept.
Azure / Amethyst / AQ3 / Cobalt / Coral / Crimson / Diamond / Emerald / Green / Ivory / Magenta / Navy / Neo / Ochre / Orange / Pearl / Pink / Red / Sand / Scarlet / Tan / Nebula 3 Server

nverxion

Post by nverxion » Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:44 pm

I'm actually quite excited about the possibility of the authorization app being available within the next month or two. Are there any details about it anywhere? Are we going to be able to transfer licenses around if we need to work on different machines?
Azure / Amethyst / AQ3 / Cobalt / Coral / Crimson / Diamond / Emerald / Green / Ivory / Magenta / Navy / Neo / Ochre / Orange / Pearl / Pink / Red / Sand / Scarlet / Tan / Nebula 3 Server

NoNameComesInMind

Post by NoNameComesInMind » Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:27 am

giancarlo wrote:I think we applied a sort of presale price, because I have this "180 eur" in my mind. Anyway we'll check and we'll adopt the same exact one.

Yep 180 presale.

And also, for those wondering about the nature of pearl, it's as simple as a buy before you try thingy, i actually worried that upon the release date i wouldn't be able to be a part of it. By that we also got a broken demo because the unit was damaged upon shipping, i still bought it as soon as money arrived because the hi-shelf were tremendous. And still there were complaints about it not being available, when even after 2 weeks if i recall it wasn't completely sold out and that surprised me, this time just save and grab, it's a bargain the tone is something else really!

Best,
EQualizer, Nebula, Coffee.

DVonlanthen
User Level 0
User Level 0

Post by DVonlanthen » Fri Feb 24, 2017 12:11 am

How does the high shelf compare to the silk eq?

pranavakazack
User Level 0
User Level 0

Post by pranavakazack » Fri Feb 24, 2017 12:23 am

Are you hinting that people who did not get the chance to buy Pearl 1 have the opportunity now? or is it just for customers of Pearl 1?

mathias
Expert
Expert

Post by mathias » Fri Feb 24, 2017 12:39 am

yes, about 300 new licenses for pearl 2 will be sold, according to giancarlo.

update for existing pearl 1 owners is free.
system 1: windows 8 32 bit - samplitude pro x3, waveform 9 (tracktion), reaper
system 2: mac osx el capitan - reaper(64bit), waveform 9 (64bit), mixbus 6

both systems on: macbook pro (late 2009), core 2 duo 3,06 ghz, 4 gb ram, graphic: nvidia geforce 9600M GT 512 MB

garyk_123
User Level X
User Level X

Post by garyk_123 » Fri Feb 24, 2017 5:13 am

This is still the weirdest deal in software. I'd feel too guilty to use it myself, as the whole mission of Acustica was to bring exclusive world class tools to the rest of us.

Acustica, you are mad geniuses. With Pearl, the emphasis being on the mad!

NoNameComesInMind

Post by NoNameComesInMind » Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:40 pm

DVonlanthen wrote:How does the high shelf compare to the silk eq?
there's a difference in tone, as i have only tried the old version of Silk i cannot speak for the new versions since Tim is constantly improving both techniques of sampling and libraries.

Pearl is something else, it's incredibly smooth a bit dark but at the same time it has a sheen that can really "repair" audio at the same time: it's something else really. Usually when there's a sort of faded timbre to these kind of units they tend to bring the highs down.

the tone has the same sheen as gold, that's the only right-brained association i can really make, it's truly classy.

eaccin
User Level X
User Level X

Post by eaccin » Sat Feb 25, 2017 1:54 am

Can't wait! :mrgreen:

pablo1980
User Level VII
User Level VII

Post by pablo1980 » Sat Feb 25, 2017 11:13 am

So if you had to choose....pearl 2 or N4 with the server user coupon?

NoNameComesInMind

Post by NoNameComesInMind » Sat Feb 25, 2017 11:35 am

Pablo1980 wrote:So if you had to choose....pearl 2 or N4 with the server user coupon?
they are completely different, it really depends on your needs, N4 is the platform itself and it comes with a real nice factory library that covers mix/mastering range nicely, if you're an owner of a lot of neb3 libraries and use them daily then the upgrade seems like a legit choice to me too. However me being an owner of both, i really couldn't give you any advice than to live low and pay large.

very best,

basaristudios
Expert
Expert

Post by basaristudios » Sun Feb 26, 2017 7:22 am

:?
Prime Total, Nebula Server 3, Scarlett 3, Amethyst 2, Aquamarine 3, Titanium, Magenta 3, Navy, Sand, Pink, Pink Compressors.

jfjer379
Expert
Expert

Post by jfjer379 » Sun Feb 26, 2017 9:14 pm

i didnt realize before today its only 28 days in this month LOL
that means Pearl 2 on upcoming Friday whoohoo :D

dont ship a broken unit this time with a broken hi shelf for the trial AA :lol:
I7 5820k • RME • Audient • Reaper64 • Win7 64 • Amethyst • Coral • Ebony • El Rey • Emerald • Gold • Honey • Ivory • Lemon • Lime • Magenta • Navy • Pearl • Pink • Pink Comp Bundle • Ruby • Sand • Tapue • Titanium • Virgo • White2 • N3s • N4