pEArL legendary vintage equalizer

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support
fabio.migliorati

Re: pEArL legendary vintage equalizer

Post by fabio.migliorati » Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:23 am

Just a quick notification to all pearl2 owners,
custom skins of pearl2 will be send just a little bit late.
Within next week PEARL/PEARL2 customers will receive an email with the direct link to download the personal skin, we apologize again for the delay,
best regards

robschroeder
Vip Member
Vip Member

Post by robschroeder » Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:30 am

Thanks for the information Fabio. I think pEArL will work with or without personalized GUI very well so no rush from my side :mrgreen:

Beatworld

Post by Beatworld » Sat Apr 01, 2017 7:47 am

fabio.migliorati wrote:Just a quick notification to all pearl2 owners,
custom skins of pearl2 will be send just a little bit late.
Within next week PEARL/PEARL2 customers will receive an email with the direct link to download the personal skin, we apologize again for the delay,
best regards
Will the custom skins work in the English skins as well ?

cheers

dinodrums
User Level I
User Level I

Pearl2 MANCA?!!!

Post by dinodrums » Mon Apr 03, 2017 2:37 pm

Pearl 2 - Manca? :shock:

Ragazzi,

where has Pearl2 gone? :?

I have the Pearl2 Trial Installed (and wish to use it for a professional ongoing product) -

Now what do I do to purchase / authorise to the full version?

Grazie

Dino

dinodrums
User Level I
User Level I

Post by dinodrums » Mon Apr 03, 2017 2:45 pm

Johnkenn wrote:THAT SUUUUCKKKS

Damn right, I've started using it in a pro. product, now what the * do I do?

FFS!

fisto
User Level VI
User Level VI

Post by fisto » Mon Apr 03, 2017 2:56 pm

dinodrums wrote:
Johnkenn wrote:THAT SUUUUCKKKS

Damn right, I've started using it in a pro. product, now what the * do I do?

FFS!
sorry to hear that, but really. What is wrong with you??? It was clear from the beginning that there will be only 300 copies available (and it took around 3 weeks to sell out actually).
You knew that I guess, and it was on the pearl page too.
As you knew about the demo, you would have known that it is limited.

Also, why do you use a demo on a "professional" product anyway??

Seems to me that you made some bad decisions and now no need to whine around. Sorry mate. But you have to wait 2-3 years for the next round.

llesne
User Level VII
User Level VII

Post by llesne » Mon Apr 03, 2017 3:02 pm

The concept of a limited edition plugin is ridiculous.
iMac late 2013, 3.1 GHz Intel Core I7, 16 Go RAM, OSX 10.9.5 - Reaper 5.76 - Lynx Aurora (n) Thunderbolt

Nebula 3 Server, Navy, Ochre, White2, Tan, Gold, Charly Limited, Ruby, Amethyst, Lemon, Ebony, Pink 2 & more coming I guess...

richie43
Expert
Expert

Post by richie43 » Mon Apr 03, 2017 3:45 pm

llesne wrote:The concept of a limited edition plugin is ridiculous.
Many people agree with you about this...BUT, Acustica does not agree and it's their decision. They did this with the first round of this EQ, and like it or not, it works for them (and for the people who got one...lol).
While I understand the "ridiculous" aspect, I also understand the desire for a company to do something different, daring, and something to make a product coveted. There are plenty of other amazing plugins to use, so there is no reason for anyone to get angry or put off by something like this (in my opinion).
The Sounds of the Hear and Now
http://soundyaudio.com/

dinodrums
User Level I
User Level I

Post by dinodrums » Mon Apr 03, 2017 4:49 pm

AGREED! I've just started using the Trial on a professional product release, now what do I do? ;(

Let's start a mutiny! Bring back Pearl 2 (or even Pearl)!!!

dinodrums
User Level I
User Level I

Post by dinodrums » Mon Apr 03, 2017 4:55 pm

richie43 wrote:
Many people agree with you about this...BUT, Acustica does not agree and it's their decision. They did this with the first round of this EQ, and like it or not, it works for them (and for the people who got one...lol).
While I understand the "ridiculous" aspect, I also understand the desire for a company to do something different, daring, and something to make a product coveted. There are plenty of other amazing plugins to use, so there is no reason for anyone to get angry or put off by something like this (in my opinion).
Actually, I've started using the trial in a pro product - now what do I do? I guess you got it otherwise you wouldn't be so smug? In my opinion, no singular (or combination) of AA/ Nebula plugins comes anywhere close, that's why people with ears are so miffed.

davidgary73
Expert
Expert

Post by davidgary73 » Mon Apr 03, 2017 5:11 pm

dinodrums wrote:
Actually, I've started using the trial in a pro product - now what do I do? I guess you got it otherwise you wouldn't be so smug? In my opinion, no singular (or combination) of AA/ Nebula plugins comes anywhere close, that's why people with ears are so miffed.
I did not buy Pearl even tho with all the great reviews. I even demoed it and i find it pretty nice and i asked AA support for a discount coupon and was told that Pearl was selling at 20% off which is not true. I refuse to buy it because of how AA staff can be so off putting giving me wrong information.

Anyway, Pearl did not add anything for the music i do but Diamond was a better product for me :)

So don't fret if you did not get it. You have live without it for years and you can go by without it. Just wait for till AA release Pearl for sale again and make sure you jump in fast :)
MacPro 2 x 2.4 Ghz 6 Core Intel Xeon • 28GB Ram • Logic Pro X 10.4.1 • OSX 10.12.6 • VEP 6 • Console 1 •

Please join us - Facebook Acustica Audio Official Group page @ https://www.facebook.com/groups/2161186247437661/

richie43
Expert
Expert

Post by richie43 » Mon Apr 03, 2017 5:43 pm

dinodrums wrote:Actually, I've started using the trial in a pro product - now what do I do? I guess you got it otherwise you wouldn't be so smug? In my opinion, no singular (or combination) of AA/ Nebula plugins comes anywhere close, that's why people with ears are so miffed.
I did not mean to be smug, so I apologize. I don't know what you can do other than go back and re-equalize the parts that had the plugin on it. AA was very clear here on the forum about the issue of it's limited availability. And as was said already, using any demo on a "real" project is extremely risky, especially considering some updates/upgrades break backward compatibility anyway. I guess the best advice I can offer is live and learn. Sorry.
The Sounds of the Hear and Now
http://soundyaudio.com/

robschroeder
Vip Member
Vip Member

Post by robschroeder » Mon Apr 03, 2017 6:49 pm

dinodrums wrote:Actually, I've started using the trial in a pro product - now what do I do? I guess you got it otherwise you wouldn't be so smug? In my opinion, no singular (or combination) of AA/ Nebula plugins comes anywhere close, that's why people with ears are so miffed.
I personally would never use any testversion on a client session. Same as I would never install any update for any plugin or DAW during any session which is important.

This is not the fault of AA or anyone else. I think you should book this under lesson learned.

giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Post by giancarlo » Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:07 pm

Dinodrums, send an email, we'll try to help in some way

eaccin
User Level X
User Level X

Post by eaccin » Thu Apr 06, 2017 4:17 pm

Any estimate on the custom skins?

Loving Pearl2 everyday :P

I was really mad when I lost the chance to buy it in 2015 and then I waited... I think I was one of the first buyers of Pearl 2. Glad I didn't miss it this time.