Honey Channel Strip

Share your experience, tips & tricks, show off your music.
jfjer379
Expert
Expert

Re: Honey Channel Strip under development

Post by jfjer379 » Tue Oct 13, 2015 6:54 pm

Pro5 wrote:Yes... lets hope any honey users can help with cross ref to the Great R*ver 32 if they have it..

btw I WOULD leave this next bit in your Navy topic but you don't seem to have one?

I just downloaded the updated (B) version of Navy as A was FULL of bugs and unusable, I heard the gain problems (adding masses of gain when you just enable a band or filter + + + + ) was fixed in "B"? but it's not fixed for me! I'm @88.2khz so this may be why, having read of gain bugs resulting from 'missing vectors' for other acqua plugs at samplerates other than 44/96 (btw 88.2 is getting more common by the day after Dan Lavry's "60k" advice a while back so please don't skimp on testing for 88k!).

The gain bug means I have to drag the output almost to infinty/silence to make it usable, and then it's touchy anyway... I'm going to uninstall Navy again (only just put it on today but it's pointless trying to test it in any meaningful way sadly)

The knobs on Navy are still very 'lightweight' and jerky, they don't rotate at all in a pleasing way, the mouse has no dead zone and interferes with itself when using the middle wheel to scroll a value. Gain bugs are the main thing though, you should let me beta your releases cos lots of stuff seems to slip through (and I used to do QA for a living @ codemasters software testing massive releases pre-sony / microsoft submission which cost a lot if we got it wrong - and I was shit hot at bug testing ;) ) - seriously though, no I don't have time as am trying to finish an album up but I do notice small details that others seem to miss (even if just GUI stuff like the honey pre-amp button shifting over some pixels when activated). I would still suggest a good polish up and a revised honey (separate VCA / channel selectable) before pushing out a slew of new plugs or you'll end up getting the reputation of releasing fast buggy stuff that no user can feel secure purchasing (this is mainly why I'm STILL holding off buying Honey because I just don't know if the CPU spiking will be fixed *for me* on i72700k - this lack of clear information and just 'we'll look into it' is very (too?) relaxed for the kind of prices you are asking.

I say this as a fan of your tech and the sound they can bring, and I'm tired of the rip offs in other algo plugs (Uad, Slate, Waves...) so would like to see your company do very well to show THEM how sound should be done, but maybe you need to slow down new releases and make the current ones solid, some of them already feel 'abandoned' (even if they will get engine updates as default due to the shared tech - they have other non core bugs in some cases).

Please take my posts as well intended feedback, I'm sure you get plenty of it elsewhere too but I'm not 'complaining' I'm just hoping you can polish these plug-ins properly and silence the nay-sayers of your tech (in good time - but don't rush new plug, new plug new plug... until they are ALL solid on ALL DAWS at ALL sample rates!) :)

Oh.. well actually DO rush your 1176 and your 'pink' C-Strip I've heard of cos I'd love to demo those, and the 'pink' especially before deciding if I still prefer Honey (I am and already was a fan of the H32 mixing desk and its style of eq, its sound, the records it made (not just Jacko either but British stuff mainly!) for years before honey so my heart will always lie with that vs any N3VE, ESS ESS HELL, or APE-EE-I but nonetheless I'd like to compare because I'm not a plug in horder, I want only a few reliable great sounding pieces, certainly only ONE main channel strip and maybe 1-3 other flavours of EQ (inc a surgical algo Pro Q2 etc)... anyway, like I said elsewhere if honey and other plugs were 1/3 cheaper or on a good sale (or combo discount) then there wouldn't be so much over thinking, it's not that I can't afford them, not that I'm not "pro" enough to (hey my music's just been on US TV again this month on a very popular ABC show with 8 million viewers so I can afford.. ) my point is I hate being stuck with plug-ins I end up not using but paid good money for, it's such a waste... especially with your NO RESALE POLICY!? HENCE all my questions up front about honey, cpu spikes, separating the channel/VCA/main thing etc

Lastly I'm not looking for any replies (only from other users - not personal service from 'support' :) ), I know you are all very busy working on stuff. I just wanted to write it so that you may possibly find something useful in my feedback. 8-)

thanks - and back to the music!
What DAW is you using Pro5 ?
Studio one for example is not wery optimized with the aqua's

If you dont use reaper , just try the demo to see if the spikes are still there

Im not saying you should change your preferred daw just to be clear hehe

Its Acusticas job to make the Aquas work on all systems

Reaper is wery optimized with the aquas on a windows computer but i dont know if that fits my workflow in midi
And from what i have heard from other users about reaper it only works really optimized on a pc and not on mac
So right now im using an mac mini late 2012 i7 quad 3rd gen intel 2,2 Ghz
I dont have spikes with the honey in logic x, so it seems aquas do not have a very good compability on different systems and daws to me,
this has to get fixed
not give us blend answers like get a new cpu when the same plugin with same computer works well in another DAW with exactly the same cpu
Honey is working fine on my system even on a 3rd gen cpu quad i7 2,2 Ghz
this is a matter of optimization on all systems and DAW's from Acustica's side

Im getting a little tired of Acustica blaming the user
I7 5820k • RME • Audient • Reaper64 • Win7 64 • Amethyst • Coral • Ebony • El Rey • Emerald • Gold • Honey • Ivory • Lemon • Lime • Magenta • Navy • Pearl • Pink • Pink Comp Bundle • Ruby • Sand • Tapue • Titanium • Virgo • White2 • N3s • N4

Pro5
User Level V
User Level V

Post by Pro5 » Tue Oct 13, 2015 9:38 pm

Support wrote:
so I guess all I really need to know now is if the CPU spikes (which support says are fixed in core 7?) will be fixed for those of us NOT using gen 4/5 I7s (2700k here)? Because I read that core 7 is only going to benefit gen 4/5?
Where you read this exactly?
please clarify if you can that CPU spikes will be gone for ALL not just 4/5th gen in a near update?
CPU load to 100%, you call CPU spikes, are the result of bad synchronization between threats. We have already done our job, now we expect their (Presonus) to do their work.
The spikes can actually hang my DAW if a session gets heavy, I don't mind hitting 100% and having to transform, but would rather NOT be locked out of my project (crashing on startup unless I remember to disable all spiking acquas on a packed project before saving - small tip if this happens, just remove the .dll from your plug folder so you can load the project, then disable them and resave - then put .dll back into plug folder and reload project).
Buy a better CPU.
BUT it now has a weird delayed (latency) thing going on where the audio effect only updates every 1/2 second while smoothly turning a knob
Less UI refresh is equal of less CPU load. Buy a better CPU. You are lucky if you can run two instances with a i7 generation 2.
Nice.

richie43
Expert
Expert

Post by richie43 » Tue Oct 13, 2015 9:47 pm

The response from Acustica is not meant to sound off-handed or unconcerned, by the way. It is no secret that this awesome technology is very explicitly being designed for modern machines. I would even say that they are already designing for machines that do not yet exist but we know are just around the corner for consumers....
The Sounds of the Hear and Now
http://soundyaudio.com/

Pro5
User Level V
User Level V

Post by Pro5 » Tue Oct 13, 2015 9:57 pm

[email protected] wrote: What DAW is you using Pro5 ?
Studio one for example is not wery optimized with the aqua's

If you dont use reaper , just try the demo to see if the spikes are still there

Im not saying you should change your preferred daw just to be clear hehe

Its Acusticas job to make the Aquas work on all systems

Reaper is wery optimized with the aquas on a windows computer but i dont know if that fits my workflow in midi
And from what i have heard from other users about reaper it only works really optimized on a pc and not on mac
So right now im using an mac mini late 2012 i7 quad 3rd gen intel 2,2 Ghz
I dont have spikes with the honey in logic x, so it seems aquas do not have a very good compability on different systems and daws to me,
this has to get fixed
not give us blend answers like get a new cpu when the same plugin with same computer works well in another DAW with exactly the same cpu
Honey is working fine on my system even on a 3rd gen cpu quad i7 2,2 Ghz
this is a matter of optimization on all systems and DAW's from Acustica's side

Im getting a little tired of Acustica blaming the user

Yes Studio One Pro V3 64 bit on Windows 10. 16GB ram 4.5ghz 2700k (they talk as if it's some piece of shit CPU when for everything BUT acqua/nebula it runs almost everything as good as even a frigging skylage ffs!). :)

I already said (to 'acqua') that I AM PREPARED TO BUY A FUCKING NEW CPU, so * knows why they are so cocky in reply to some serious up front questions about WHAT I could expect from future updates pertaining to my system? any cock-jockey could have suggested 'buy a new cpu', duh.. already said I wouldn't didn't I? in the meantime I was merely asking if some of the other issues would be sorted out, but frankly - * it - I'm out. I tried to ignore the warning signs of bad customer service and these clowns think they are getting 130 euros of my money while speaking to me like I'm a fucking idiot? When I tried to help them with feedback (on Navy too). All they see is 'a complainer' and obviously can't understand plain English too well. So yeah I too am tired of them blaming users especially when I said I was on THEIR side, and I understood and accepted they are CPU hungry and was prepared to render tracks, where did I say differently? and FYI I could run around 12 instances of Honey no problem, it's not RUNNING them that is the problem it's the fucking spikes once I get past 50% cpu usage. IF THAT is a presonus problem then just say it, nicely, without the sarcasm and talking to me like I'm a fool.

I program C++ myself inc a basic 3D engine etc and I know my way around a computer thanks.

I actually came back here tonight almost ready to buy honey, and maybe the black comp when it was released, and i get short sarcastic patronizing answers. Clearly you think acqua users are not fit to lick the dirt off your shoes and we should be thankful for you allowing us to make you rich? I don't care how good your plug ins are, you won't survive long with a customer support attitude like that my friends.

Totally ignored on any of the relevent points, for the second time, asking if I could expect ANY gains from core 7 with my old CPU - is it a crime to even ASK a question? Would you rather I go on gearslutz and talk shit like most of them do about your company, you tell people over there to COME TO THIS FORUM TO ASK tech things and the answer I get is 'buy a better cpu' like I'm gonna go buy a new CPU, MOBO and RAM and then your BUGGY plug on top just to TEST if it's gonna address the issues I had with it in an update?

f*ck me!

Anyway JFJER thanks for your support, better than the official support, and no I can't stand Reaper. I hate its workflow. I'm sticking with Studio one, I've bought it and I love it, I already know it's a bit CPU hungry compared to some DAWS and again that is FINE cos I'm not scared to bounce. I wasn't even asking that of support as you probably saw (but they didn't). I asked a couple specific questions so I could feel secure in buying honey NOW and knowing the latency thing was fixed FOR 2nd gen not just 4/5th gen? but.. seems I can't get a proper answer on that. Funny cos the frigging latency of knob change to audio update was fine on the previous demo version (old .dll) yet the same 'crap cpu', clearly that is not something that changed on my system in the space of 2 days!

nevermind. Wasted enough time on here. If I want proper answers in future I guess I'll ask on Gearslutz. Better the devil you know and all that. :roll:
Last edited by Pro5 on Tue Oct 13, 2015 10:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pro5
User Level V
User Level V

Post by Pro5 » Tue Oct 13, 2015 9:57 pm

@Richie *I* am fully aware it's potent tech and needs fast CPU, please don't lump me in with the dumb masses who are whinging about why they can't run 50 instances on their pentium II! I get it, I did NOT moan or ask 'why can't I run many instances on my 2700k at 4.5ghz' - i asked why even a SINGLE INSTANCE is spiking and has terrible lag when turning a knob vs the audio update (to the point where it's pretty much pointless as a live mixing tool and may as well stick to cheaper nebula) - apparently the answer to that is 'buy a new cpu' when the previous .dll (from the demo) was working fine, support gave me a new .dll to stop the crackling on knob turning which it did stop but then introduced this very bad disconnect from knob turn to audio response. I do not mind high DAW latencey, low cpu, bouncing tracks etc. I am more than prepared to jump through hoops AND even build a new system (I need to anyway but was trying to wait for skylake refresh or skylake E.. whatever) - my post was asking 1/2 specific things about 2 "bugs" that I wanted to feel secure would be ok, in the short term, if I bought this 130 euro piece of 'virtual air' that is as simple to mass reproduce as clicking on a button....

It doesn't matter. I've got an answer for everything but what I asked and that'll do me. I'll find another way to ensure my money is well spent if and when I buy honey, I'll ask other users on GS not 'support' on here who appear unable to even read english context properly let alone reply to potential customers with anything but apparent contempt and disgust!

giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Post by giancarlo » Thu Oct 15, 2015 12:08 pm

spiking is reduced a lot in core7. Try "navy trial", it should behave in a better way

flipnautold
Expert
Expert

Post by flipnautold » Thu Oct 15, 2015 4:08 pm

giancarlo wrote:spiking is reduced a lot in core7. Try "navy trial", it should behave in a better way
Yes i can confirm...

And i am excited how the performance in projects will be when all plugins are using core 7 engine ;)
Studio One on Intel i7 4790k.
Aquas i like are: Lime, Gold, Pink2412, Amethyst2, Honey

giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Post by giancarlo » Fri Oct 16, 2015 12:16 am

Yes you can expect a similar performance from honey

reggiejaxx
User Level X
User Level X

Post by reggiejaxx » Sun Oct 25, 2015 3:08 pm

Hi i downloaded the honey trial but the auth doesn't seem to work ,i put it in the respective au and vst foldes but no dice,any ideas ?i'm on osx mavericks.

jfjer379
Expert
Expert

Post by jfjer379 » Sun Oct 25, 2015 4:55 pm

Did you upload the ser file to your dashboard?
You need to authorize trials too ;)
I7 5820k • RME • Audient • Reaper64 • Win7 64 • Amethyst • Coral • Ebony • El Rey • Emerald • Gold • Honey • Ivory • Lemon • Lime • Magenta • Navy • Pearl • Pink • Pink Comp Bundle • Ruby • Sand • Tapue • Titanium • Virgo • White2 • N3s • N4

reggiejaxx
User Level X
User Level X

Post by reggiejaxx » Sun Oct 25, 2015 5:50 pm

[email protected] wrote:Did you upload the ser file to your dashboard?
You need to authorize trials too ;)
yes i did a few times by mistake as i was refreshing the page and it generated auth requests. i tried a few of them no go.

Support
Expert
Expert

Post by Support » Mon Oct 26, 2015 12:03 pm

reggiejaxx wrote:Hi i downloaded the honey trial but the auth doesn't seem to work ,i put it in the respective au and vst foldes but no dice,any ideas ?i'm on osx mavericks.
Hello reggiejaxx.

We attend technical support questions only through our ticket system in order to track each inquiry. Please log-in in your Dashboard and go Customer Area, Dashboard, Get Support and submit a ticket. Please use forums for share user experiences, http://www.acustica-audio.com/phpBB3/vi ... ?f=7&t=484.
Best regards,
Enrique Silveti.
Acustica Audio customer and technical support
http://www.acustica-audio.com

weststudio
User Level VI
User Level VI

Post by weststudio » Sun Nov 01, 2015 4:50 pm

Guys i love your plugins, but you really should optimise Honey with Core7.
Its pretty much useless for me now, it brings my computer to my knees (8-core macpro) but i dont have that problem with Navy, magenta or Ivory.

Please tell me you will update it soon :-(

EDIT: Got some great support, plugin working a lot better now!

Thank you.
HackPro i7-5820K @3.8Ghz 6-Core 32GB Hackingtosh 24000 Geekbench
Logic Pro X 10.4.1 - OSX 10.12.6 - VEP 6 - Honey2 - Ivory2 - White2 - Magenta3 - Navy - Pink2 - Sand - Pink Comps - Nebula3 & 4 - Amethyst2 -Aquamarine3 - Coral- Emerald - Purple P1 & M5 - Pearl2 - Gold

http://www.weststudio.nl

dhatadi
User Level 0
User Level 0

Post by dhatadi » Thu Nov 26, 2015 9:43 am

I've been attempting to get the trial working, and after contacting support it authorized correctly. Unfortunately the knobs keep returning to zero so I can't actually give this a good try. Support still hasn't responded to me over this.

I was hoping to give it a good go before the sale ended. Anyone else having trouble with the Honey trial on Mac AU64 in Logic X 10.2?

Support
Expert
Expert

Post by Support » Thu Nov 26, 2015 11:56 am

dhatadi wrote:I've been attempting to get the trial working, and after contacting support it authorized correctly. Unfortunately the knobs keep returning to zero so I can't actually give this a good try. Support still hasn't responded to me over this.

I was hoping to give it a good go before the sale ended. Anyone else having trouble with the Honey trial on Mac AU64 in Logic X 10.2?
We found that N2V files from Honey trial OSX installer are old file. Submit a support ticket and we will upload updated files for you.
Best regards,
Enrique Silveti.
Acustica Audio customer and technical support
http://www.acustica-audio.com