Honey Channel Strip

Share your experience, tips & tricks, show off your music.
kindafishy
Vip Member
Vip Member

Re: Honey!!!!!

Post by kindafishy » Sat Apr 25, 2015 3:26 pm

Phelix wrote:
kindafishy wrote:but what does the 4b stand for?
= four bands:)
As always impossible to tell the exact origin. Could be console or not.
But I def. think we’re talking King of Pop here!
Thrilling!

giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Post by giancarlo » Sat Apr 25, 2015 6:05 pm

console

mtalavera

Post by mtalavera » Sun Apr 26, 2015 10:21 pm

giancarlo wrote:console
I'm guessing then that the console Honey is based on has the same name as the last name of one of the members of the Beatles (no, not Ringo :D )

This will be very interesting indeed.

RJHollins
Expert
Expert

Post by RJHollins » Mon Apr 27, 2015 1:01 am

Yes ... I believe it was called the ... wait for it :o

'Furry-Girl' console. :shock:

[hopefully, we have not breached the non-disclosure clause] :|
i7-5820k, MSI X99A Plus, 16 GIG Ram, Noctua NH-D14, Win-7 Pro [64-bit], Reaper-64

NVC [Nebula Virtual Controllers]

SWAN
Expert
Expert

Post by SWAN » Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:34 am

heard great things about this eq...looking fwd to it...
Mac Mini i7 quad 2.6

Logic X
Live 9
Reaper

theheliosequence
User Level X
User Level X

Post by theheliosequence » Mon Apr 27, 2015 4:58 am

giancarlo wrote:uh we didn't forgot filters and a DOUBLE preamp.
Can you explain exactly what "double" preamps means?

Nice to see some filters!
Win7 64-bit i7 3930K, RME MADI FX, N3S/N4, Amber, Aquamarine, Amethyst, Black Series, Blue, Cobalt, Coral, Diamond, Ebony, Emerald, Gold, Green, Honey, Ivory, Lemon, Lime, Magenta, Navy, Orange, Pearl, Pink, Pink Comp, Purple, Sand, Scarlet, Titanium, Ultramarine, White

SteDal
Expert
Expert

Post by SteDal » Mon Apr 27, 2015 8:32 am

theheliosequence wrote:
giancarlo wrote:uh we didn't forgot filters and a DOUBLE preamp.
Can you explain exactly what "double" preamps means?

Nice to see some filters!
It means that the user may insert separately the mic preamp section OR the VCA/output section OR both.

And BTW the filters are really gorgeous...
Win 10/64 - Intel i7-5820K - Intel i7-4510U - Reaper 5.977

tumburu
Vip Member
Vip Member

Post by tumburu » Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:00 pm

No trim?

theheliosequence
User Level X
User Level X

Post by theheliosequence » Tue Apr 28, 2015 11:41 pm

tumburu wrote:No trim?
Yeah, the trim on Ivory is so great! I'm constantly doing the same in Amber and Green, but having to change in the input/output is much more time consuming than that trim knob.

Now that you've given us a taste, I think we want more of that! I'd love it in each of the newer EQs...

Thanks for considering!
Win7 64-bit i7 3930K, RME MADI FX, N3S/N4, Amber, Aquamarine, Amethyst, Black Series, Blue, Cobalt, Coral, Diamond, Ebony, Emerald, Gold, Green, Honey, Ivory, Lemon, Lime, Magenta, Navy, Orange, Pearl, Pink, Pink Comp, Purple, Sand, Scarlet, Titanium, Ultramarine, White

tumburu
Vip Member
Vip Member

Re: Honey Channel Strip under development

Post by tumburu » Tue Apr 28, 2015 11:50 pm

Well, those in/out knobs are useless to me. At least modify their values to -/+18dB.

giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Post by giancarlo » Wed Apr 29, 2015 4:24 am

theheliosequence wrote:
Yeah, the trim on Ivory is so great! I'm constantly doing the same in Amber and Green, but having to change in the input/output is much more time consuming than that trim knob.

Now that you've given us a taste, I think we want more of that! I'd love it in each of the newer EQs...

Thanks for considering!
well we'll try to use it more often, it comes for free in core6
It introduced several bugs I'm still working on, though, ie a nasty "sound boost" which delayed the release for the update.
Ivory is "almost" ready for a new release, we'll put it in beta today

mtalavera

Post by mtalavera » Wed Apr 29, 2015 5:49 am

theheliosequence wrote:

Thanks for considering!
Excuse my ignorance, but what is the point of an input knob AND an input trim knob. Isn't the straight input knob also to trim back or boost up the gain coming in?

theheliosequence
User Level X
User Level X

Post by theheliosequence » Wed Apr 29, 2015 6:12 am

mtalavera wrote:
theheliosequence wrote:

Thanks for considering!
Excuse my ignorance, but what is the point of an input knob AND an input trim knob. Isn't the straight input knob also to trim back or boost up the gain coming in?
In the case of Ivory, the input and output knobs control the volume coming in and out. The trim knob controls how hard the preamp is getting hit... but the volume remains the same.

So to get more or less preamp color, you'd have to turn up or down the input/output knobs in Amber and Green (and presumably Magenta). It's often difficult to A/B to see exactly what changes are happening with the preamp coloring. In Ivory, you just start turning the trim knob to see what it does. I find it very useful and great for fine tuning the tone. I would definitely use these features if there were included in any of the other plugins.

mtalavera

Post by mtalavera » Wed Apr 29, 2015 6:21 am

theheliosequence wrote:
mtalavera wrote:
In the case of Ivory, the input and output knobs control the volume coming in and out. The trim knob controls how hard the preamp is getting hit... but the volume remains the same.

So to get more or less preamp color, you'd have to turn up or down the input/output knobs in Amber and Green (and presumably Magenta). It's often difficult to A/B to see exactly what changes are happening with the preamp coloring. In Ivory, you just start turning the trim knob to see what it does. I find it very useful and great for fine tuning the tone. I would definitely use these features if there were included in any of the other plugins.
That makes perfect sense, thank you for the very detailed explanation. I don't see an input trim knob on the Honey graphic in the first entry of this thread, though. Looks like there _could_ be room in between the input and output knobs to squeeze one in :D

nonstandardryder

Post by nonstandardryder » Thu Apr 30, 2015 10:10 pm

theheliosequence wrote: In the case of Ivory, the input and output knobs control the volume coming in and out. The trim knob controls how hard the preamp is getting hit... but the volume remains the same.

This is an awesome feature. I wish all of the acqua plugins had this.