Ivory3 TBR on 12th-15th Sept

Share your experience, tips & tricks, show off your music.
heraldo_jones
User Level IX
User Level IX

Re: Ivory3 TBR on 12th-15th Sept

Post by heraldo_jones » Sat Sep 16, 2017 12:45 am

People who have problems with the installers in mac try to use the free app "Permissions reset" with the installer, it solves me problem s from time to time :!:

kenbobplus3db
User Level X
User Level X

Post by kenbobplus3db » Sat Sep 16, 2017 1:10 am

Ivory 3 EQ (not stereo) meters both seem to show input level, dropping output level has no effect on the meter marked "output".

jus11
User Level X
User Level X

Post by jus11 » Sat Sep 16, 2017 2:07 am

Comp1 validation fails in Logic (even if tried separately with Plug-in Manager). I hope there will be a fix soon. (The Comp1 demo did not have this bug.)

Otherwise, all good. Wonderful addition to the more colouring Aquas. Just tried some pre-mastering with Ivory (clean eq, transparent comp), Cobalt (adding punch and weight and more coloured presence/lows) & Green eq (some glassy-ish shining to the upper mids as the last insert). Seems like one of the magic combinations of Aqua (and Nebula, as there is lots of it on the tracks)... (Preamps off, to preserve enough of the original tone of Pearl2 on the master bus!)

I might be over-cooking it slighty at the moment, as I'm so inspired by the possibilities, but boy, these tools are a huge step up and it's a pleasure to learn them. Thank you.

davidgary73
Expert
Expert

Post by davidgary73 » Sat Sep 16, 2017 2:43 am

jus11 wrote:Comp1 validation fails in Logic (even if tried separately with Plug-in Manager). I hope there will be a fix soon. (The Comp1 demo did not have this bug.)
I cleared the audio unit cache and got comp 1B to validated @ https://www.acustica-audio.com/phpBB3/v ... 60#p121925

You can try G’s post method jut under the link post
MacPro 2 x 2.4 Ghz 6 Core Intel Xeon • 28GB Ram • Logic Pro X 10.4.1 • OSX 10.12.6 • VEP 6 • Console 1 •

Please join us - Facebook Acustica Audio Official Group page @ https://www.facebook.com/groups/2161186247437661/

walsoo
User Level V
User Level V

Post by walsoo » Sat Sep 16, 2017 10:13 am

Best release so far from acustica for electronic music imo.

The single-band comp has that punchy energetic sound of modern dance music.

I haven't heard too much of the original multiband unit but I like how clean it sounds when it's compressing. It's interesting how you can change the sound of the overall mix with the crossovers.

The EQ can go a little further than the previous version.

The dyneq keeps crashing in ableton ;)

Anyway - good job! This is a great release.

nous777
User Level III
User Level III

Post by nous777 » Sat Sep 16, 2017 11:04 am

I heave reaper newest build and everythig runs perfectly except stereo dyn eq and, i see many others have prob, Giancarlo said hed try to get the prob solved today and but understandibly its ot alway that easy, so, but if i recall, he was goign to hold back until everything was smack dead on but eh the dens eq, mom, worked and i think some peopel had the crash glitch on stereo, so, but hes aware of iy but I bleive he said it was just to outstanding to pt off, but hes alwas kept his word as far as, eh remembr when compressors weerent really feasble as ive been with acustic 2007 maybe 2005, , but watched it from start almost, and trinty is dtill one bad ass eq, but, he got the compresors so theyed work as we know. So, I had a ticket but i saw he was oworking on it so i wil sit for 48 or so and see if a build b is dropped in. Hope so as, eh,
Anyway was a nice suprise as, and now, as i , scarelt is my goto master eq, its so ogrgeous, but, ill gve ivory a try, i got it after i got scarlett as alot f people gave it kudi\os and it cost more, and , eh being amrican paritally, i do stupid things like tkae praice as a measure of quality. then rmembe, gah. Its not 1970 anymore. But, ivory2 has sat unused and now, i will use it. Cobalt is only one i dont use, hopefully i can find a use, if maybe oon eq make te high pos 10 and neg 10 and on mids. But was mys msitake as i have purple and, eh, i heh a tmi think and i will stop as i can ramble. Bur giancarlo runs a excellant technolgical service tha aadvances wit a continuity. I do have aspects that i find eng but not with te tech. But i can be a hard ass due to my idealism as i was raised old school. Yes TYI. I know. But very excited, One question as i uncertain are comps mono? Or can i run tem stereo tracks?

grimm
User Level I
User Level I

Post by grimm » Sat Sep 16, 2017 11:26 am

heraldo_jones wrote:People who have problems with the installers in mac try to use the free app "Permissions reset" with the installer, it solves me problem s from time to time :!:
That sometimes works, but this is different.

"The installer could not install the software because there was no software found to install."

I couldn't even open it with Pacifist to look at the contents or extract the files.

gus_vccs
User Level XI
User Level XI

Post by gus_vccs » Sat Sep 16, 2017 1:28 pm

Just want to update that the new StereoEq AAX installer worked great here.

Thank you, Acustica.

jus11
User Level X
User Level X

Post by jus11 » Sat Sep 16, 2017 5:56 pm

davidgary73 wrote:
jus11 wrote:Comp1 validation fails in Logic (even if tried separately with Plug-in Manager). I hope there will be a fix soon. (The Comp1 demo did not have this bug.)
I cleared the audio unit cache and got comp 1B to validated @ https://www.acustica-audio.com/phpBB3/v ... 60#p121925

You can try G’s post method jut under the link post
Ok thanks. Giancarlos workaround was good enough this time.

"by giancarlo » Thu Sep 14, 2017 5:37 pm

quick workaround: remove the aut file (ivoryv2.aut) in your component folder and just run logic. Authorize it later or copy it back. "

I generally try to avoid rescanning all AUs, as some of them (like Air expansion plugins and a couple of Nebula setups) need some extra tricks. And it also takes time, as theres hundreds of them (I am actually afraid to check how many, lol).

giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Post by giancarlo » Sun Sep 17, 2017 6:08 am

grimm wrote:
heraldo_jones wrote:People who have problems with the installers in mac try to use the free app "Permissions reset" with the installer, it solves me problem s from time to time :!:
That sometimes works, but this is different.

"The installer could not install the software because there was no software found to install."

I couldn't even open it with Pacifist to look at the contents or extract the files.
This error happens when the file is corrupted

Grundstein
User Level I
User Level I

Post by Grundstein » Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:22 am

Hey Acustica!

As an owner of Ivory IAE-2 I wanted to say THANK YOU for this marvellous and unbelievably BIG Update!!!

I loved Ivory already but now, with Version 3 it has become one of my most favourite Acquas! Those Compressors are really awesome, the EQ has improved especially now with the added M/S+L/R-option and the Dynamic EQ has wiped my tears after selling Cobalt. ;)

The GUIs are right up my alley. The only complaint until now is the metering. Would have been nice to have those fancy and really helpful LEDs from the Compressor Modules on every module. But I can live with that.

And now with the new Multiband-Comp I have a wonderful substitute for Titanium 2. Anybody interested in buying that one from me at a very low price? ;)

And by the way, I had no problems with installation, authorization and with the little testing I did. Everything works great so far!

So again, THANK YOU Acustica!

Cheers, Stefan

o.navaille914
User Level II
User Level II

Post by o.navaille914 » Sun Sep 17, 2017 11:05 am

The compressors are awesome but I'm wondering if there is a reason that the 1B comp doesn't have a PRE on it. This is the same for Titanium as well. It would be nice to get some preamp color without having to use the full 3band comp.

On another note, could someone walk me through how to use the dynamic EQ? I'm thinking there might be a language barrier in the manual perhaps? I've been messing with it but can't really figure it out.

ce1909

Post by ce1909 » Sun Sep 17, 2017 2:15 pm

Can't find the presets & nothing online in the preset folder for these, only the Dyn models.

Ivory3 Comp 3B (MAC-3) includes PRESETS!
If the preset list doesn’t appear (as default) in your plugin, it is necessary to download
the addictional package (“IVORY3...”PRESETS.N2S) from the “Installers Folder” in our
website. After the download, please put this .N2S in the same folder containing the
default .N2S.

giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Post by giancarlo » Sun Sep 17, 2017 3:56 pm

o.navaille914 wrote:The compressors are awesome but I'm wondering if there is a reason that the 1B comp doesn't have a PRE on it. This is the same for Titanium as well. It would be nice to get some preamp color without having to use the full 3band comp.

On another note, could someone walk me through how to use the dynamic EQ? I'm thinking there might be a language barrier in the manual perhaps? I've been messing with it but can't really figure it out.
Cpu load and latency... Use 3B

keedie
User Level II
User Level II

Post by keedie » Sun Sep 17, 2017 5:34 pm

[quote="jus11"]Comp1 validation fails in Logic (even if tried separately with Plug-in Manager). I hope there will be a fix soon. (The Comp1 demo did not have this bug.)

I am having the same problem, I submitted a low priority ticket. I am sure AA will resolve this soon.
Nebula 3 Pro Server, Amethyst, Sand, Coral, Lime, Ivory, Titanium 2, Pink Strip Bundle, Emerald, Navy, Gold, H.O., Tim P., Alex B., Cupwise, Gemini, Gene Lennon and CD Soundmaster.