Ivory3 TBR on 12th-15th Sept

Share your experience, tips & tricks, show off your music.
User avatar
ekkord
User Level V
User Level V
Posts: 56
Joined: Thu Nov 25, 2010 11:07 am

Re: Ivory3 TBR on 12th-15th Sept

Post by ekkord » Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:52 am

Nice!!!!!

User avatar
heraldo_jones
User Level IX
User Level IX
Posts: 91
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:42 pm

Re: Ivory3 TBR on 12th-15th Sept

Post by heraldo_jones » Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:13 am

:oops: I'm going to be all day out of the studio :( Maybe I could try it at night :cry:
___________________________________________________________________
HERALDO JONES / Mixing & mastering engineer
http://worldpremiereeg.com/ / Online Mixing & Mastering services

User avatar
giancarlo
Founder
Founder
Posts: 11214
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:40 pm
Location: Italy

Re: Ivory3 TBR on 12th-15th Sept

Post by giancarlo » Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:54 am

We'll release things maybe within a couple of hours

User avatar
be a gorilla
Member
Member
Posts: 344
Joined: Wed Nov 05, 2014 10:09 pm

Re: Ivory3 TBR on 12th-15th Sept

Post by be a gorilla » Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:02 pm

giancarlo wrote:We'll release things maybe within a couple of hours
whoopwhoop!

maybe new coupon code's , too? latest is for ivory 2, or will it work for ivory 3?

excited regards

edit: okok, expiration date for latest is sept 15th

edit2: it worked! got ivory in my hands :D eh mouse eh trackpad...whatever, have a nice day, i'm out

User avatar
davidgary73
Expert
Expert
Posts: 695
Joined: Fri May 28, 2010 9:08 am

Re: Ivory3 TBR on 12th-15th Sept

Post by davidgary73 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:44 pm

MacPro 2 x 2.4 Ghz 6 Core Intel Xeon • 28GB Ram • Logic Pro X 10.4.6 • OSX 10.13.6 • VEP 6 • Console 1 •


Please join us - Facebook Acustica Audio Official Group page @ https://www.facebook.com/groups/2161186247437661/

masteringlt
User Level III
User Level III
Posts: 31
Joined: Sun Jan 03, 2016 12:12 am

Re: Ivory3 TBR on 12th-15th Sept

Post by masteringlt » Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:15 pm

Wikked)

But no sidechains link switch on mac 3? That would be a killer in situations where we expand snare but compress kick and dont want to expand kick tops together with snare. Maybe its 2 difficult to program?

Cheers
Denis

Brian
Vip Member
Vip Member
Posts: 372
Joined: Fri Sep 24, 2010 5:10 pm
Location: Taipei, Taiwan / San Francisco, CA

Re: Ivory3 TBR on 12th-15th Sept

Post by Brian » Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:27 pm

What's going on with the expander mode?

For example, switching the mid band to exp mode pulls all the mids out and needs 10dB makeup to be flat (even at 1:1 ratio)...
Last edited by Brian on Thu Sep 14, 2017 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Official dealer of Acustica Audio products in Taiwan.
Acustica Audio台灣授權經銷商
[email protected]

Mixing/Mastering Engineer at Sentient Sound Labs 覺知音樂工作室

Win10 x64 | Reaper5 | PT12 | Ableton Live 9

User avatar
giancarlo
Founder
Founder
Posts: 11214
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:40 pm
Location: Italy

Re: Ivory3 TBR on 12th-15th Sept

Post by giancarlo » Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:58 pm

the expander can lead to very loud tones. So we are "subtracting" 10dB immediatly, and you could revert them adding makeup gain. This level should be safe for common expander usage (till ratio 3)


be careful on this point: run 44 and 96 only. 48/88 pack will be released later, these days we are preparing ebony ones

User avatar
giancarlo
Founder
Founder
Posts: 11214
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:40 pm
Location: Italy

Re: Ivory3 TBR on 12th-15th Sept

Post by giancarlo » Thu Sep 14, 2017 3:02 pm

masteringlt wrote:Wikked)

But no sidechains link switch on mac 3? That would be a killer in situations where we expand snare but compress kick and dont want to expand kick tops together with snare. Maybe its 2 difficult to program?

Cheers
Denis
we decided a different workflow, in order to not copy too much original hardware. For your tasks just use dyneq. It's like a multiband compressor but you can tune things in the detail.

A side note: we'll upload several presets to copy in the folder.

Brian
Vip Member
Vip Member
Posts: 372
Joined: Fri Sep 24, 2010 5:10 pm
Location: Taipei, Taiwan / San Francisco, CA

Re: Ivory3 TBR on 12th-15th Sept

Post by Brian » Thu Sep 14, 2017 3:21 pm

giancarlo wrote:the expander can lead to very loud tones. So we are "subtracting" 10dB immediatly, and you could revert them adding makeup gain. This level should be safe for common expander usage (till ratio 3)
Got it - this should be mentioned in the user manual I think.
Last edited by Brian on Thu Sep 14, 2017 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Official dealer of Acustica Audio products in Taiwan.
Acustica Audio台灣授權經銷商
[email protected]

Mixing/Mastering Engineer at Sentient Sound Labs 覺知音樂工作室

Win10 x64 | Reaper5 | PT12 | Ableton Live 9

o.navaille914
User Level II
User Level II
Posts: 28
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 2016 12:54 am

Re: Ivory3 TBR on 12th-15th Sept

Post by o.navaille914 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 3:23 pm

All the vsts are only for windows in the OSX folders...

masteringlt
User Level III
User Level III
Posts: 31
Joined: Sun Jan 03, 2016 12:12 am

Re: Ivory3 TBR on 12th-15th Sept

Post by masteringlt » Thu Sep 14, 2017 3:25 pm

giancarlo wrote:
masteringlt wrote:Wikked)

But no sidechains link switch on mac 3? That would be a killer in situations where we expand snare but compress kick and dont want to expand kick tops together with snare. Maybe its 2 difficult to program?

Cheers
Denis
we decided a different workflow, in order to not copy too much original hardware. For your tasks just use dyneq. It's like a multiband compressor but you can tune things in the detail.

A side note: we'll upload several presets to copy in the folder.
Hello Sir,

its a copy of hardware anyway:) Taking away one of its best/most interesting features which in not available in plugins world is a strange decision IMHO (correct me if I am wrong). How can we achieve similar results with DynEQ? Presets would be great:)

Cheers
Denis
Mastering.LT

User avatar
giancarlo
Founder
Founder
Posts: 11214
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:40 pm
Location: Italy

Re: Ivory3 TBR on 12th-15th Sept

Post by giancarlo » Thu Sep 14, 2017 3:37 pm

masteringlt wrote:
giancarlo wrote:
masteringlt wrote:Wikked)

But no sidechains link switch on mac 3? That would be a killer in situations where we expand snare but compress kick and dont want to expand kick tops together with snare. Maybe its 2 difficult to program?

Cheers
Denis
we decided a different workflow, in order to not copy too much original hardware. For your tasks just use dyneq. It's like a multiband compressor but you can tune things in the detail.

A side note: we'll upload several presets to copy in the folder.
Hello Sir,

its a copy of hardware anyway:) Taking away one of its best/most interesting features which in not available in plugins world is a strange decision IMHO (correct me if I am wrong). How can we achieve similar results with DynEQ? Presets would be great:)

Cheers
Denis
Mastering.LT
Still our position on the matter!

o.navaille914
User Level II
User Level II
Posts: 28
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 2016 12:54 am

Re: Ivory3 TBR on 12th-15th Sept

Post by o.navaille914 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 3:55 pm

Both Compressors failing authorization in Logic.

User avatar
davidgary73
Expert
Expert
Posts: 695
Joined: Fri May 28, 2010 9:08 am

Re: Ivory3 TBR on 12th-15th Sept

Post by davidgary73 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 4:21 pm

Ivory3 Comp1B fail validation in Logic but pass in Studio One.
MacPro 2 x 2.4 Ghz 6 Core Intel Xeon • 28GB Ram • Logic Pro X 10.4.6 • OSX 10.13.6 • VEP 6 • Console 1 •


Please join us - Facebook Acustica Audio Official Group page @ https://www.facebook.com/groups/2161186247437661/

Post Reply