IVORY4 - amazing

Share your experience, tips & tricks, show off your music.
pmo
User Level 0
User Level 0

IVORY4 - amazing

Post by pmo » Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:31 pm

Just downloaded the trial and thrown it onto a current mastering session. I must say, absolutely amazing. I have used M*****c hardware for 20+ years and while the plugin might not be 100% exactly the same, Ivory provides the same 'expensive' sound, can't describe any better.

On observation which compelled me to write this short note is that I have read a number of reviews where users critisize Acoustica plugin interfaces for sometimes being 'sluggish' or 'slow' to respond.

I'm running Ivory on a super maxed out and optimised Win1- i7 system with reaper, so performance is amazing.

As far as tactile experience with the GUI goes I can see what people mean when they say 'sluggish' however I feel like this maybe due to a lack of experience with actual hardware/outboard. What I experience is this 'micro delay' when turing the knobs on the plugin to what my ears hear - which is exactly the same as using any of my high end outboard hardware. It's this thing, this je-ne-sais-quoi that plugins can't produce - the 'organic' experience hardware provides, the repsonse pattern. Sorry, can't describe any better.

In short, I found it super easy to dial in settings on the Ivory EQ that sound fantastic just like on the same hardware. Also very close to the same tactile experience as per the hardware.

Hope that makes sense but would be interested in whether others feel the same ?

Peter

WiTNESS
User Level 0
User Level 0

Re: IVORY4 - amazing

Post by WiTNESS » Wed Sep 09, 2020 8:09 pm

What does Ivory 4 sound like after it has been updated to Core 16?