AQUAMARINE3 (AQ3)

Share your experience, tips & tricks, show off your music.
mtalavera

Re: AQUAMARINE3 (AQ3)

Post by mtalavera » Wed Sep 21, 2016 6:59 am

Support wrote:Acquamarine version 1.4.090 for OSX and Windows, format VST2, AU and AAX installer are in product dashboard download section.
What is new in this version?

Phelix

Post by Phelix » Wed Sep 21, 2016 9:52 am

I think this has been changed recently:
- New GUI Engine
- All frequency pack
- Fixed XML
- Improved GR meter (by vca value)
Ableton⎜Studio One⎜Reaper⎜VST2⎜macOS10.13⎜[email protected]/32GB⎜RME ADI-2 Pro⎜ATC

Thierr7
Vip Member
Vip Member

Post by Thierr7 » Wed Sep 21, 2016 12:05 pm

Thanks Phelix ...

After a quick test , this update sounds more versatile to me ! I can get a nice pumping effect on drums i didn't seem to get with previous one ... + a better "in your face" feel . Easier to find sweetspots too ! Congrats . :)

Support
Expert
Expert

Post by Support » Mon Sep 26, 2016 3:49 pm

Was a file - file name, and forum announcement error for this product, box.com files for customers were updated and corrected Monday morning 26/09/2016.

Setup AQUAMARINE3 1.4.090.0 rel E
Released on 05/09/2016
- CORE8 gain reduction measurement implemented.
- CORE8 gain reduction meter added.
- Nebula/Acqua Engine updated to version 1.4.090

Setup AQUAMARINE3 1.4.097.0 rel F
Released on 12/09/2016
- Frequency pack added including 48 and 88.2 kHz preamps vectors.
- Nebula/Acqua Engine updated to version 1.4.097
Best regards,
Acustica Audio help-desk service and support.
https://www.acustica-audio.com/
Acustica Audio is a trademark of Acusticaudio SRL.

To contact Acustica Audio support go to the ‘Support’ in your Acustica Audio account.
We do not provide support via social networks, public forums, Acustica Audio forums, or email accounts.

be a gorilla

Post by be a gorilla » Mon Sep 26, 2016 6:51 pm

hey there.
don't played much with the opto section till today. the ahead function seems not to do anything. anyone else mentioned the same or i'm doing something completely wrong? tried many input level and threshold positions but the ahead functionality seems nothing do to the sound.
best regards

edit: if it does its really subtle. can't say it does something or its just in my head. just thankful in advance for your thoughts

edit 2nd: okay okay my fault. very very subtle, but noticeable effect is there.

edit 3rd: what a great comp!!

giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Post by giancarlo » Tue Sep 27, 2016 10:45 pm

Yes it is really transparent

heraldo_jones
User Level IX
User Level IX

Post by heraldo_jones » Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:58 pm

Any ETA on when is it going to be updated to Core9?

Thierr7
Vip Member
Vip Member

Post by Thierr7 » Mon Feb 13, 2017 8:38 pm

- I'd like to know if someone is still using "MURANO" ?

I bought it after the first release of Aquamarine and i remember to be disapointed in some ways , like others ...

Anyway , I didn't use it for a long time and yesterday i drop it as last instance on my master bus after LIME and Whoua ! What a slap in the face !

- It's defenatly not very versatile and the hot spot is hard to find but once you got it ...

I'm glad i gave it a new chance !

botus99
Expert
Expert

Post by botus99 » Tue Feb 14, 2017 12:46 am

Oh I definitely still use it. It's one of those pieces of gear that either works with the song or it doesn't, and you're right about the "sweet spot." I've forgotten it before for the same reasons, but Aquamarine is still an awesome compressor.

It's always a safe bet on bass guitar though!
Win10 / Reaper / i7 6700K / 64gb RAM | ZED-R16 / Digi003 (Revive modded)
N4 - Orange, Blue, Purple, Pearl, Diamond, Ebony, Gold, Navy, Amethyst, Lime, Sand, Pink, Titanium, Aquamarine, Magenta, Erin, Coral, Cobalt, Lemon

Thierr7
Vip Member
Vip Member

Post by Thierr7 » Tue Feb 14, 2017 12:34 pm

;)

tkrizic
User Level III
User Level III

Post by tkrizic » Thu May 04, 2017 3:44 pm

Thierr7 wrote:- I'd like to know if someone is still using "MURANO" ?
I still use it in mastering chain :)

timdestexhe
User Level IX
User Level IX

Post by timdestexhe » Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:42 pm

Yes, still using it on everything. After testing a lot (and latest) acqua plugin's, I still think this is the best compressor made by acustica so far. Especially if you are into electronic music. I think many people give up on it because it seems complex. But if you get the hang of it it really shines. My only wish would be the old Murano skin on the new Aquamarine 3!

Nesto
User Level VI
User Level VI

Post by Nesto » Fri Aug 18, 2017 1:20 pm

timdestexhe wrote:Yes, still using it on everything. After testing a lot (and latest) acqua plugin's, I still think this is the best compressor made by acustica so far. Especially if you are into electronic music. I think many people give up on it because it seems complex. But if you get the hang of it it really shines. My only wish would be the old Murano skin on the new Aquamarine 3!

Could you share some tips on how you have been setting up Aquamarine? Thanks

botus99
Expert
Expert

Post by botus99 » Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:59 pm

Nesto wrote:Could you share some tips on how you have been setting up Aquamarine? Thanks
I'm not the person you were asking, but here's what I've done many times. :geek:

Set the input trim so that you're hitting between -18db and -6db on the meters (depending on how hot you want the preamp to sound). Then engage the compressors and change the meters to display GR. Dial in the thresholds to just start kissing the meters. With small amounts of compression like this, it should already start to sound quite "splatty" in the good way that only this compressor does.

At this point, I'll adjust the attack/release timings of the discrete compressor. LOVE the dual release setting on stereo busses! Maybe add some preamp flavor here, maybe try the HPF sidechain, maybe play with thresholds/input trim to get different GR amounts...

...To me, once you get both compressors compressing somewhat equally AND have headroom with input trim, you will now have your "starting point" for the compressor (while still leaving plenty of room for adjustment).

Just my experience.
Win10 / Reaper / i7 6700K / 64gb RAM | ZED-R16 / Digi003 (Revive modded)
N4 - Orange, Blue, Purple, Pearl, Diamond, Ebony, Gold, Navy, Amethyst, Lime, Sand, Pink, Titanium, Aquamarine, Magenta, Erin, Coral, Cobalt, Lemon

Nesto
User Level VI
User Level VI

Post by Nesto » Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:15 pm

botus99 wrote:
Nesto wrote:Could you share some tips on how you have been setting up Aquamarine? Thanks
I'm not the person you were asking, but here's what I've done many times. :geek:

Set the input trim so that you're hitting between -18db and -6db on the meters (depending on how hot you want the preamp to sound). Then engage the compressors and change the meters to display GR. Dial in the thresholds to just start kissing the meters. With small amounts of compression like this, it should already start to sound quite "splatty" in the good way that only this compressor does.

At this point, I'll adjust the attack/release timings of the discrete compressor. LOVE the dual release setting on stereo busses! Maybe add some preamp flavor here, maybe try the HPF sidechain, maybe play with thresholds/input trim to get different GR amounts...

...To me, once you get both compressors compressing somewhat equally AND have headroom with input trim, you will now have your "starting point" for the compressor (while still leaving plenty of room for adjustment).

Just my experience.
No worries. Much appreciated. This is exactly what I was looking for. Lots of details here. Thanks!