Murano available for download!

Share your experience, tips & tricks, show off your music.
giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Re: Murano available for download!

Post by giancarlo » Tue May 26, 2015 7:00 am

do you mean prime plugs? we are a different company

nonstandardryder

Post by nonstandardryder » Tue May 26, 2015 7:39 pm

giancarlo wrote:do you mean prime plugs? we are a different company
I thought blue was basically a small version of this.

http://dt7v1i9vyp3mf.cloudfront.net/sty ... k=8HdUUnME
http://www.soundtown.com.au/wp-content/ ... -curve.jpg

I would love to see the entire thing in acqua with all bands and filters.This is a very popular vintage modern mastering unit.

This is the matching limiter I always see with it in studios. The two are a common pair.
https://www.gearslutz.com/board/attachm ... ew-tgs.jpg
http://www.musicians-navigator.com/sub/ ... e0f237.jpg

theheliosequence
User Level X
User Level X

Post by theheliosequence » Tue May 26, 2015 8:28 pm

nonstandardryder wrote:
giancarlo wrote:do you mean prime plugs? we are a different company
I thought blue was basically a small version of this.

http://dt7v1i9vyp3mf.cloudfront.net/sty ... k=8HdUUnME
http://www.soundtown.com.au/wp-content/ ... -curve.jpg

I would love to see the entire thing in acqua with all bands and filters.This is a very popular vintage modern mastering unit.

This is the matching limiter I always see with it in studios. The two are a common pair.
https://www.gearslutz.com/board/attachm ... ew-tgs.jpg
http://www.musicians-navigator.com/sub/ ... e0f237.jpg
Blue is most of the Germanium Tone Control. Which is not an emulation of the unit you mentioned. The GTC is an active (ala N**e-ish) high and mid EQ section and a passive (solid state Pultec) low end EQ section. The GTC also has a Germanium amp and can definitely be pushed for some nice distortion... a brighter distortion if pushing only the drive (kind of like pushing any vintage, transformer based preamp), and a rich, smooth, harmonic distortion (with 30hz bump) if pushing the feedback. The Blue plugin misses the mark in some ways because it's missing the low cut and only emulates the feedback (labeled GDrive). The real unit changes tone a lot whether or not the active and passive EQ sections are enabled... this also doesn't seem to be emulated by Blue. It's still a very cool EQ and there isn't currently anything in the plugin world quite like it... but it is not related to any E*I design.
Win7 64-bit i7 3930K, RME MADI FX, N3S/N4, Amber, Aquamarine, Amethyst, Black Series, Blue, Cobalt, Coral, Diamond, Ebony, Emerald, Gold, Green, Honey, Ivory, Lemon, Lime, Magenta, Navy, Orange, Pearl, Pink, Pink Comp, Purple, Sand, Scarlet, Titanium, Ultramarine, White

saintpid
User Level 0
User Level 0

Post by saintpid » Fri Jun 05, 2015 3:20 pm

Francesco.Tedeschi wrote:Murano is officially available for all Aquamarine customers.
As explained before this is the evolution of Aquamarine, that exploit the power of new Core6.
I sent an mail to your support but I thought I post it here too.

About the pre-amp the Manual says:
Possible preamps are:
Bronze: the most coloured setting
Silver: more coloured than gold but quite clean
Gold: with low distortion and flat low frequency response."
While comparing UAD's version with Acusticas we did a null test and it seem "Gold" is equivalent to the "Steel" setting, so that would make "Gold" being the most colored setting?

Support
Expert
Expert

Post by Support » Fri Jun 05, 2015 4:55 pm

Email responded.
Best regards,
Enrique Silveti.
Acustica Audio customer and technical support
http://www.acustica-audio.com

sacr2525
User Level I
User Level I

Post by sacr2525 » Tue Aug 18, 2015 5:58 am

I just bought buy Murano compressor
I have not a good feeling in my palate
I hear that the optical compressor "crazy" and is very hard setting the entire compressor to sound good
Not if the original compressor sounds identical, but I expected a more controlled compressor ..
you can fix these problems? even using more digital technology, but that makes the compressor is fully functional
excuse my bad English, it is very basic

Sheikyearbouti

Post by Sheikyearbouti » Tue Aug 18, 2015 10:59 am

Try lower ratios for the non-opto. It actually does a lot of gain reduction even at the lowest ratio. I use this comp every day and I find it very good. Actually, I use it for almost everything when mixing as I can get so many different sounds out of it. But it is a difficult one to use, yes. Or perhaps you have a tech problem?
--
Nikolay Georgiev
http://georgievsound.com/

Support
Expert
Expert

Post by Support » Tue Aug 18, 2015 2:22 pm

sacr2525 wrote:I just bought buy Murano compressor
I hear that the optical compressor "crazy" and is very hard setting the entire compressor to sound good
Not if the original compressor sounds identical, but I expected a more controlled compressor ..
you can fix these problems? even using more digital technology, but that makes the compressor is fully functional
If you feel Murano behaves in a wrong way, submit a support ticket, send us details, setting and audio files for reproduce your issue here. If we find a wrong behavior or a bug we will fix it.
Best regards,
Enrique Silveti.

eaccin
User Level X
User Level X

Post by eaccin » Fri Sep 11, 2015 5:44 am

I haven't seen any useful information about how Murano sounds compared to other compressor plugins. If there was a demo version it would help.
Any user would care to elaborate more on how it sounds?

or should I get Titanium instead?

whsi
User Level IV
User Level IV

Post by whsi » Sat Sep 12, 2015 4:41 pm

eaccin wrote:I haven't seen any useful information about how Murano sounds compared to other compressor plugins. If there was a demo version it would help.

Same here.

When will the Murano Demo be released ?

:?:

botus99
Expert
Expert

Post by botus99 » Sun Sep 13, 2015 12:52 am

eaccin wrote:I haven't seen any useful information about how Murano sounds compared to other compressor plugins. If there was a demo version it would help.

I'd definitely recommend getting Titanium first. The 1-band version is really usefull.

Murano has an awesome preamp to it that makes anything sound better, but dialing in the right compression can be a skill in and of itself. And obviously Murano is much better suited for buss duties (well, IMO anyway). While Titanium is also an excellent buss compressor, it also seems more versatile to me by also being a great track compressor.
Win10 / Reaper / i7 6700K / 16gb RAM | ZED-R16 / Digi003 (Revive modded)
N4 - Orange, Blue, Purple, Pearl, Diamond, Ebony, Gold, Navy, Amethyst, Lime, Sand, Pink, Titanium, Aquamarine, Magenta, Coral, Cobalt, Lemon

DeNto
User Level X
User Level X

Post by DeNto » Sun Sep 13, 2015 11:59 am

sacr2525 wrote:I just bought buy Murano compressor
I´m using Murano for Mastering now more often then Titanium. But you really have to know what you are doing and then its a beast.
Have to say the first Aquamarine version was disappointing, without sidechan Filter it was simply not usefull in the mastering and it was pumping like shit. But the new Version ist a real killer!
All hardware comp are starting to pump without sidechain Filter on bass heavy material!!

Try this:

-First when setting Murano, set the imput trim down until the needle is not moving in opto section.
-Set the sidechain filter on!!
-Set the pre on!
-Set the opto threshold and listen carefully, when you hear the compresion (do not focus to much on the needle). (In my mastering the needle in opto section is never moving more then 0,5 db MAX!!!
-Now set the Discrete section (I´m never setting it more the 1.5 ration max and gain reduction not more than 1 db MAX!
-And then am using the Mixknob, setting it down until it feels right. Somethimes only 80%

This Comp is really giving a own character so it depends on your mixes. Some mixes just dont need a lot of compression.
Aquamarine, Murano, EQP1, Green, Navy, Orange, Pearl, Titanium, Trinity Eq, Ochre, Red, Amethyst.F*******e,SPL, Drawmer,N*****n KH 310a

Phelix

Post by Phelix » Sun Sep 13, 2015 3:46 pm

A couple of questions, concerning Murano:

1) Dry/Wet, not responding to Discrete section (when int. SC/on)
2) External Sidechain, in-compatibility in various hosts
3) Knob-restricted parameter-control and assignments

Concerning the Mix-knob, I wonder if it works as supposed in other hosts than mine??

Besides possible full automation-control with J.U.C.E framework, are there any sooner plans on a code-fix or a workaround for allowing Ext. SC to grab the input channels in more types of hosts? Did ie. Ableton not yet respond to you since May, giving adequate information on the subject ?

I wonder why AA & Acquas are not able to assign the key-signal while it seems other developers has succeeded making it work flawless, cross platform, in most common hosts and plug-in formats. Do you guys have to pay them a fortune to get hold of the critical information :?: :?:

Besides, I still very much like the sonic character of this plug-in though, using it frequently on specific types of groups and mixes :)

So my question basically:
Are Murano 'as is' or when is further development planned?

giancarlo wrote:there is a lot of confusion on sidechain specifications on different hosts.

At the moment we don't support sidechain in AU and in several host. In order to prevent unwanted crash on some of them we are adopting a "pessimistic approach", and we wait the host full notifies he is using 4 input channels before using them. There is a risk on other ones (using 4 input channels while they are not using them, ie wavelab: many plugins based on sidechain are creating issues in host editors here and there).

We'll see how to fix it without using a workaround commonly involed in this kind of issues (if wavelab then..... else if ableton then.... and so on)
Phelix wrote:Btw, are you still considering implementing the JUCE framework on various products, to achieve more accessible parameters from hosts?
giancarlo wrote:yes there is a prototype runnng in juce
Ableton⎜Studio One⎜Reaper⎜VST2⎜macOS10.13⎜[email protected]/32GB⎜RME ADI-2 Pro⎜ATC

Support
Expert
Expert

Post by Support » Mon Sep 14, 2015 8:42 am

1) Dry/Wet, not responding to Discrete section (when int. SC/on)
RE: Send us a support ticket with details.
2) External Sidechain, in-compatibility in various hosts
RE: Correct.
3) Knob-restricted parameter-control and assignments
RE: Correct.
Best regards,
Enrique Silveti.

Phelix

Post by Phelix » Mon Sep 14, 2015 10:09 am

^^^
In regard to the dry/wet control, the question have been raised earlier - and responded by AA back in May. I strongly presume you're not able to reproduce it, and that you cannot recognize this matter. Furthermore no updates or notes have been released since then.

Concerning my other questions, I see they are present and have been discussed in most other product-areas in Forum, and I should not spend more time repeating it:)

Let's see what future brings!
Rgds.
Phelix wrote:
Francesco.Tedeschi wrote:
Andrums wrote:Sorry
(Murano) Mix knob with discrete in doesnt work,it adds signal.
(Murano live) is Ok
We'll try to reproduce this issue...
Andrums wrote:to reproduce this issue sidechain must be IN
Same thing here concerning the Mixknob (+ 44.1 kHz).
When int. SC is active, dry/wet doesn't respond to VCA section.
Edit: apparently in both versions Murano +Live.
Overall sound and PD is good though!
Ableton⎜Studio One⎜Reaper⎜VST2⎜macOS10.13⎜[email protected]/32GB⎜RME ADI-2 Pro⎜ATC