Aquamarine

Share your experience, tips & tricks, show off your music.
DeNto
User Level X
User Level X

Re: Aquamarine

Post by DeNto » Thu Jan 08, 2015 8:58 pm

This is very cool. You have better solutions to my Workflow?

Best wishes
Aquamarine, Murano, EQP1, Green, Navy, Orange, Pearl, Titanium, Trinity Eq, Ochre, Red, Amethyst.F*******e,SPL, Drawmer,N*****n KH 310a

botus99
Expert
Expert

Post by botus99 » Fri Jan 09, 2015 2:11 am

DeNto wrote:This is very cool. You have better solutions to my Workflow?

Best wishes
Like Giancarlo said, your workflow isn't bad. Honestly, throwing settings your way is completely redundant because your settings should be dependant on your song/mix. One setting may work great for this while being terrible for the other.

Fortunately, you seem to have the knowledge needed to setup a compressor :mrgreen: The bottom line here, as with every piece of audio gear, is to use and trust your ears. DON'T trust some settings a random person on the internet tells you :lol: Mixing/Mastering is kind of a black art, so be creative, take your time, and find out what works best for each song/mix independently.
Win10 / Reaper / i7 6700K / 64gb RAM | ZED-R16 / Digi003 (Revive modded)
N4 - Orange, Blue, Purple, Pearl, Diamond, Ebony, Gold, Navy, Amethyst, Lime, Sand, Pink, Titanium, Aquamarine, Magenta, Coral, Cobalt, Lemon

mathias
Expert
Expert

Post by mathias » Fri Jan 09, 2015 3:20 am

Best wishes
wait for the published transfercurves, giancarlo was mentioning.
it will give you a better understanding what this comp is really doing.
system 1: windows 8 32 bit - samplitude pro x3, waveform 9 (tracktion), reaper
system 2: mac osx yosemite - reaper(64bit), waveform 9 (64bit)

both systems on: macbook pro (late 2009), core 2 duo 3,06 ghz, 4 gb ram, graphic: nvidia geforce 9600M GT 512 MB

RJHollins
Expert
Expert

Post by RJHollins » Fri Jan 09, 2015 3:25 am

also ... you may want to head to the hardware unit site and grab the actual manual. Some helpful info contained inside.
i7-5820k, MSI X99A Plus, 16 GIG Ram, Noctua NH-D14, Win-7 Pro [64-bit], Reaper-64

NVC [Nebula Virtual Controllers]

DeNto
User Level X
User Level X

Post by DeNto » Fri Jan 09, 2015 5:15 am

botus99 wrote:

Best wishes
Like Giancarlo said, your workflow isn't bad. Honestly, throwing settings your way is completely redundant because your settings should be dependant on your song/mix. One setting may work great for this while being terrible for the other.

Fortunately, you seem to have the knowledge needed to setup a compressor :mrgreen: The bottom line here, as with every piece of audio gear, is to use and trust your ears. DON'T trust some settings a random person on the internet tells you :lol: Mixing/Mastering is kind of a black art, so be creative, take your time, and find out what works best for each song/mix independently.
It is not redundant. It is very usefull on mixes with a lot of bass. I really Trust my ears so if you can Set a comp better just Tell me and other Users how you do this. I will try it and if is shit i will never ask you again :)
Aquamarine, Murano, EQP1, Green, Navy, Orange, Pearl, Titanium, Trinity Eq, Ochre, Red, Amethyst.F*******e,SPL, Drawmer,N*****n KH 310a

DeNto
User Level X
User Level X

Post by DeNto » Fri Jan 09, 2015 5:16 am

Sorry for my bad english :)

botus99
Expert
Expert

Post by botus99 » Fri Jan 09, 2015 4:13 pm

DeNto wrote:It is not redundant. It is very usefull on mixes with a lot of bass. I really Trust my ears so if you can Set a comp better just Tell me and other Users how you do this. I will try it and if is shit i will never ask you again :)
I said "throwing settings your way" is redundant, not your method.
Win10 / Reaper / i7 6700K / 64gb RAM | ZED-R16 / Digi003 (Revive modded)
N4 - Orange, Blue, Purple, Pearl, Diamond, Ebony, Gold, Navy, Amethyst, Lime, Sand, Pink, Titanium, Aquamarine, Magenta, Coral, Cobalt, Lemon

grmcsdinpc
User Level I
User Level I

Post by grmcsdinpc » Mon Jan 12, 2015 2:17 pm

hi.
can i still believe release date on product page?

" Estimated release date: not before the 31-Jan-2015 (Please check this page to be updated!) "

tumburu
Vip Member
Vip Member

Post by tumburu » Mon Jan 12, 2015 3:00 pm

What's not to believe? That it won't be releases this month?

Anyway, i'm sure we'll have it pretty soon.

sontrinh
User Level I
User Level I

Post by sontrinh » Mon Jan 12, 2015 5:13 pm

I was wondering if Aquamarine will be able to be hit as hard as the S***** ***** in the video below.. Can you confirm this? If so, I better buy it before the presale ends!

dagovitsj wrote:Yes, I'm in too! Christmas gift to myself :D

Have watched some videos on YouTube about the HW version, and it seems like a very versatile tool, like some others here already have mentioned.

Tip: I saw an interesting video where Peter demonstrates how one can move the knee of the compressor by turning the Discrete attack AND the Discrete Threshold the same amount of steps.

Look here, 04:28, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAcCFi4_TX4

ianc
User Level X
User Level X

Post by ianc » Mon Jan 12, 2015 10:06 pm

@sontrinh Page 11 of this thread suggests the presale offer was finished last week :(
I wish I could drum half as well with two hands as one of Terry Bozzio's feet

SWANG
Expert
Expert

Post by SWANG » Mon Jan 12, 2015 10:23 pm

still going (probably by request)...

http://www.acustica-audio.com/index.php ... 89#gallery

giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Post by giancarlo » Mon Jan 12, 2015 10:41 pm

it will be removed maybe tomorrow. To be honest we had so much work that we forgot about it. I think we'll revert also the home page back to normal

sontrinh
User Level I
User Level I

Post by sontrinh » Tue Jan 13, 2015 9:06 am

giancarlo wrote:it will be removed maybe tomorrow. To be honest we had so much work that we forgot about it. I think we'll revert also the home page back to normal
Hmm.. then it'll be a tempting buy .. So is it definite that the aqua version will have very hard hitting compression that sounds like the original hardware unit? similar to the one in the youtube video?

SWANG
Expert
Expert

Post by SWANG » Tue Jan 13, 2015 9:35 am

don't want to speak for giancarlo or the nebula team, but if their superb work sampling the lightning fast titanium is any indication, i'd say you have no need to hesitate...