Green 3 this friday

Share your experience, tips & tricks, show off your music.
ceemusic

Re: Green 3 this friday

Post by ceemusic » Sat Nov 28, 2015 6:45 pm

Support wrote:
ceemusic wrote:The meters are all RED, not green w red clip indicators.
Is this a gui design over-site?
If something is weird or wrong, please submit a support ticket.
I have no idea if it's wrong, that's why I asked.
Are the meters supposed to be all red & not green w/ red clip indicators?
i7 5820k· RAM 32GB DDR4· Int. 1TB HD x3· Int. 500 GB SSD x2· Video HD-5450 1GB· Win 10 x64· RME FF400· Cubase· S1P· Reaper · CbB · VEPro 6· MB32c

nverxion

Post by nverxion » Sat Nov 28, 2015 7:46 pm

I don't know... I liked it before when it looked more realistic. The knobs had a nice, refined look to them. Now I feel like the whole thing has been made of plastic with loud gaudy colors and less sophistication. It looks cheaper than it did before. Too saturated for my taste. Plastic... like it could melt from the warmth of the sound coming out. Doesn't look like Acqua. It looks like a plugin.
Azure / Amethyst / AQ3 / Cobalt / Coral / Crimson / Diamond / Emerald / Green / Ivory / Magenta / Navy / Neo / Ochre / Orange / Pearl / Pink / Red / Sand / Scarlet / Tan / Nebula 3 Server

mightymosaic

Post by mightymosaic » Sun Nov 29, 2015 2:06 am

nverxion wrote:I don't know... I liked it before when it looked more realistic. The knobs had a nice, refined look to them. Now I feel like the whole thing has been made of plastic with loud gaudy colors and less sophistication. It looks cheaper than it did before. Too saturated for my taste. Plastic... like it could melt from the warmth of the sound coming out. Doesn't look like Acqua. It looks like a plugin.

I agree 100%. Magenta and green 2 were very classy and mature. Much better than the updates.

lakispavlou
User Level 0
User Level 0

Post by lakispavlou » Sun Nov 29, 2015 7:15 am

Downloaded Green 3, installed, opened in Pro tools 10, generated a serial file, transferred the authorization from my Vst folder, the 'authorize this product' box is gone. but when i try to activate a channel all the knobs are stuck on zero. what have i done wrong??
thank you

nverxion

Post by nverxion » Sun Nov 29, 2015 9:29 am

mightymosaic wrote:I agree 100%. Magenta and green 2 were very classy and mature. Much better than the updates.
Ah, yes. Classy and mature are good descriptors for what they once were. Green3 looks like a toy now. Magenta looks... toy-ish... and the text looks pasted on. It used to look integrated.
Azure / Amethyst / AQ3 / Cobalt / Coral / Crimson / Diamond / Emerald / Green / Ivory / Magenta / Navy / Neo / Ochre / Orange / Pearl / Pink / Red / Sand / Scarlet / Tan / Nebula 3 Server

giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Post by giancarlo » Sun Nov 29, 2015 9:38 am

lakispavlou wrote:Downloaded Green 3, installed, opened in Pro tools 10, generated a serial file, transferred the authorization from my Vst folder, the 'authorize this product' box is gone. but when i try to activate a channel all the knobs are stuck on zero. what have i done wrong??
thank you

open a ticket, they will help you!

giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Post by giancarlo » Sun Nov 29, 2015 9:40 am

mightymosaic wrote:
nverxion wrote:I don't know... I liked it before when it looked more realistic. The knobs had a nice, refined look to them. Now I feel like the whole thing has been made of plastic with loud gaudy colors and less sophistication. It looks cheaper than it did before. Too saturated for my taste. Plastic... like it could melt from the warmth of the sound coming out. Doesn't look like Acqua. It looks like a plugin.

I agree 100%. Magenta and green 2 were very classy and mature. Much better than the updates.
in the hardware realm knob covers generally ARE plastic! just google it (I mean frontal view). The shape of the knob was wrong (it was not rounded enough, so there were angles with a strange reflection).

There will be space for improvement for Green4 or Green5 lol :D

Support
Expert
Expert

Post by Support » Sun Nov 29, 2015 4:38 pm

lakispavlou wrote:Downloaded Green 3, installed, opened in Pro tools 10, generated a serial file, transferred the authorization from my Vst folder, the 'authorize this product' box is gone. but when i try to activate a channel all the knobs are stuck on zero. what have i done wrong??
thank you
Green3 AAX installer. Seems you are in OSX. VST 32 bits plug-ins are in Acustica and VST 64 bits plug-ins are in Acustica64 folder.

If not work, please send us a support ticket.
Best regards,
Enrique Silveti.
Acustica Audio customer and technical support
http://www.acustica-audio.com

nverxion

Post by nverxion » Sun Nov 29, 2015 8:41 pm

giancarlo wrote:in the hardware realm knob covers generally ARE plastic! just google it (I mean frontal view). The shape of the knob was wrong (it was not rounded enough, so there were angles with a strange reflection).

It's not a huge deal. Just my personal opinion, since I hold these processors in such high esteem. I feel that the more dignified look better suits Acqua than a more playful or "kiddy" looking one. It's more impressive to show off something that looks intimidating than something that looks like a colorful toy.

Psychologically, there is something about metal that holds its position over plastic. Plastic suggests "cheap", whereas metal suggests "well-built".

RJHollins
Expert
Expert

Post by RJHollins » Sun Nov 29, 2015 8:53 pm

have ya seen the real hardware. :o

The ole adage ... 'can't judge by cover'.

Not that I disagree with others viewpoint on this ... but what I do really appreciate is maintaining a good visual interaction with the GUI.

We've had issue where the 3-D photo-realistic design, that LOOKED really nice, was actually a hindrance to function. Things like shadows blocking display values, and perspective angle that made fine-tune adjustments difficult to see/confirm.

There is a fine line.
i7-5820k, MSI X99A Plus, 16 GIG Ram, Noctua NH-D14, Win-7 Pro [64-bit], Reaper-64

NVC [Nebula Virtual Controllers]

nverxion

Post by nverxion » Sun Nov 29, 2015 10:08 pm

This is a valid point. However my main profession is in CG and I know there are ways to reduce the specular channels (highlights) via material attributes to make things less shiny (less glossy). That was Magenta's initial problem. I don't think that was Green's issue at all. Magenta is looking much better now, though I do still think it's a little too saturated. I love the new color scheme, though. In Green's case, reducing the saturation on those knobs would really help integrate them with the faceplate, which is fine 8-) Version 2 was really nice.

mightymosaic

Post by mightymosaic » Sun Nov 29, 2015 10:46 pm

giancarlo wrote:
mightymosaic wrote:

in the hardware realm knob covers generally ARE plastic! just google it (I mean frontal view). The shape of the knob was wrong (it was not rounded enough, so there were angles with a strange reflection).

Im sure they will be G.

Support
Expert
Expert

Post by Support » Tue Feb 16, 2016 5:17 pm

AAX public preview has finished, we are uploading missing installers for commercial version and generating/uploading installers for missing trials.
Best regards,
Enrique Silveti.
Acustica Audio customer and technical support
http://www.acustica-audio.com

davidgary73
Expert
Expert

Post by davidgary73 » Fri Feb 26, 2016 9:13 am

Hmm..i was just testing Green2 and Green3 at 80Hz, +3db. So how, Green2 is a lot more nicer sounding that Green3. Anyone notice that?
MacPro 2 x 2.4 Ghz 6 Core Intel Xeon • 28GB Ram • Logic Pro X 10.4.1 • OSX 10.12.6 • VEP 6 • Console 1 •

Please join us - Facebook Acustica Audio Official Group page @ https://www.facebook.com/groups/2161186247437661/

DeNto
User Level X
User Level X

Post by DeNto » Sat Feb 27, 2016 4:57 pm

davidgary73 wrote:Hmm..i was just testing Green2 and Green3 at 80Hz, +3db. So how, Green2 is a lot more nicer sounding that Green3. Anyone notice that?
I just tested it with all Bands on an old master and i´m sure, Green 3 sounds even better! Green 3 sounds less "cloudy"
Tested on N*****n kh 310 a
Aquamarine, Murano, EQP1, Green, Navy, Orange, Pearl, Titanium, Trinity Eq, Ochre, Red, Amethyst.F*******e,SPL, Drawmer,N*****n KH 310a