Green 2 is available!

Share your experience, tips & tricks, show off your music.
poshook
User Level V
User Level V

Re: Green 2 is available!

Post by poshook » Mon Oct 26, 2015 3:32 pm

mightymosaic wrote:
I do not think that your plugin making process is more complicated than in any other plugin company. I am sure that making ALGO plugin from the ground and start at zero point with every new algo plugin is at least as much difficult as your work if not more. I am beta tester for one of the leading developer in algo plugin market and only beta testing before release is usually 8-12 months.
Acustica is a boutique company that doesn't really have the deep pockets of its competitors, while at the same time they are creating far superior products based on innovation and pushing the envelope. So its a double edged sword really, Take the good with the bad. That's the way i see it. In a few years all the bugs and issues will be a thing of the past and all we will have left are amazing tools to work with !
Making bug free products has nothing to do with deep pocket. It is more about different approach - less quantity and more quality. Let take a look at Klanghelm. Its MJUC compressor includes 3 plugins in one, all formats and no bugs in initial release and price 24 Euro.

Your advice to existing users is waiting few years for bug free versions? Common man ;)
Mac Pro 12-Core, OS X 10.2.3, 32GB RAM, GTX970, Apogee DUET FW, Logic Pro X 10.3.1, Trinity, Titanium, Pink, Red, Ochre, Orange, SAND, Gold

udo
User Level X
User Level X

Post by udo » Tue Oct 27, 2015 1:27 am

mightymosaic wrote:

Acustica is a boutique company that doesn't really have the deep pockets of its competitors, while at the same time they are creating far superior products based on innovation and pushing the envelope. So its a double edged sword really, Take the good with the bad. That's the way i see it. In a few years all the bugs and issues will be a thing of the past and all we will have left are amazing tools to work with !

Bulls..t! Keep on dreaming!!!

mightymosaic

Post by mightymosaic » Tue Oct 27, 2015 4:43 am

The first Green Aqua is bug free i believe. So its pretty simple to revert back to that instance. Acoustica didnt have to update or upgrade anything to core 6 and people would have still been happy with the quality EQ. The fact that they keep updating their products and not leaving us behind is awesome and just because of that im patient. Dont get me wrong ive been a big advocate for them to fix the bugs. But at the same time i get that they are busy upgrading things to core 7 and THAT should solve all issues.. So they say. This whole topic and my attitude would be completely different if they abandoned older products and left them with bugs and kept on releasing newer products. Just my 2 cents

shijunfeng
User Level 0
User Level 0

Post by shijunfeng » Tue Oct 27, 2015 6:38 am

poshook wrote: Your advice to existing users is waiting few years for bug free versions? Common man ;)
People has been dreaming of quality algo plugins close to that of hardwares over 2 decades as well. Who is going to fix that? C'mon...
Last edited by shijunfeng on Tue Oct 27, 2015 7:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

davidgary73
Expert
Expert

Post by davidgary73 » Tue Oct 27, 2015 7:36 am

I reckon a good product with less bugs/issues would be wonderful to start off but a product with bugs for 3 months and not given a fix is pretty discouraging to us customers.

Given the current Acustica betatesters work with diff OSes, DAWs etc, i suggest Acustica to extend future Acqua trial products for 30 days. Trial users like us and many more will provide helpful feedbacks/issues we face. This will help to eliminate tons of bugs/issues before the product launch/release. Just my humble opinion :)
MacPro 2 x 2.4 Ghz 6 Core Intel Xeon • 28GB Ram • Logic Pro X 10.4.6 • OSX 10.13.6 • VEP 6 • Console 1 •

Please join us - Facebook Acustica Audio Official Group page @ https://www.facebook.com/groups/2161186247437661/

himhui
Expert
Expert

Post by himhui » Tue Oct 27, 2015 7:43 am

davidgary73 wrote:I reckon a good product with less bugs/issues would be wonderful to start off but a product with bugs for 3 months and not given a fix is pretty discouraging to us customers.

Given the current Acustica betatesters work with diff OSes, DAWs etc, i suggest Acustica to extend future Acqua trial products for 30 days. Trial users like us and many more will provide helpful feedbacks/issues we face. This will help to eliminate tons of bugs/issues before the product launch/release. Just my humble opinion :)
It sounds positive..
Xeon E5-2697 v4/Win10 x64/64G ram/ Quadro K620
Reaper 5.974/X-Touch
Prism Orpheus/ RME Babyface Pro

davidgary73
Expert
Expert

Post by davidgary73 » Tue Oct 27, 2015 7:58 am

himhui wrote:
davidgary73 wrote:I reckon a good product with less bugs/issues would be wonderful to start off but a product with bugs for 3 months and not given a fix is pretty discouraging to us customers.

It sounds positive..
Indeed. Imagine a worldwide "trial" testers to provide heaps of feedback and Acustica work on them and seed new trials version, the end product comes out totally polished/refined. There will be tons of satisfied customers that will continue to purchase more Acqua products.
MacPro 2 x 2.4 Ghz 6 Core Intel Xeon • 28GB Ram • Logic Pro X 10.4.6 • OSX 10.13.6 • VEP 6 • Console 1 •

Please join us - Facebook Acustica Audio Official Group page @ https://www.facebook.com/groups/2161186247437661/

jfjer379
Expert
Expert

Post by jfjer379 » Tue Oct 27, 2015 11:42 am

himhui wrote:

It sounds positive..
this is a great idea i think :D
I7 5820k • RME • Audient • Reaper64 • Win7 64 • Amethyst • Coral • Ebony • El Rey • Emerald • Gold • Honey • Ivory • Lemon • Lime • Magenta • Navy • Pearl • Pink • Pink Comp Bundle • Ruby • Sand • Tapue • Titanium • Virgo • White2 • N3s • N4

Support
Expert
Expert

Post by Support » Thu Nov 26, 2015 12:45 pm

AAX customers, we have a public preview for AAX 64 bits and AAX 32 bits for Windows and OSX of Green3 (version 1.4.00x CORE7, etc). If you want to test it to confirm the compatibility with your system, please request it though a ticket to technical support.

Note: AAX 32 should be compatible with AAX 64 making possible to open sessions done in PT 10 with Amber2 AAX 32 in PT 11/12 with Amber2 AAX 64.
Best regards,
Acustica Audio help-desk service and support.
https://www.acustica-audio.com/
Acustica Audio is a trademark of Acusticaudio SRL.

To contact Acustica Audio support go to the ‘Support’ in your Acustica Audio account.
We do not provide support via social networks, public forums, Acustica Audio forums, or email accounts.