GREEN rel J with additional frequencies out !

Share your experience, tips & tricks, show off your music.
Phelix

Re: GREEN rel J with additional frequencies out !

Post by Phelix » Sun May 17, 2015 7:24 pm

I don’t have sudden boosts or cuts in high band, only light pops when engaged, however

1) it seems there’s an odd behaviour with the high band and output trim knob: When engaged, the output resets to zero value, like if they are connected some way?!

2) If projects with old Green is loaded, I found that latest Green needs a fresh instance, otherwise it picks up some un-matched settings, due to the fact it is not backwards compatible.

I trust AA will look into every detail in time before the promising Green II hits the streets, so I’m not sending a ticket at this time, unless you ask me for it :-)
Ableton⎜Studio One⎜Reaper⎜VST2⎜macOS10.13⎜[email protected]/32GB⎜RME ADI-2 Pro⎜ATC

DeNto
User Level X
User Level X

Post by DeNto » Mon May 18, 2015 12:46 am

Had exactly the Same Problems as phelix and deinstalled the ne release.

Waiting for Green 2 to Run it paralell. Hope You guys will fix the Problems!
Aquamarine, Murano, EQP1, Green, Navy, Orange, Pearl, Titanium, Trinity Eq, Ochre, Red, Amethyst.F*******e,SPL, Drawmer,N*****n KH 310a

Support
Expert
Expert

Post by Support » Tue May 19, 2015 11:50 am

Strangely, the exact opposite thing happens here. When the last band is engaged there's a substantial boost in volume. Equally unusable.
Not reproduced.
W8.1 x64
Reaper 4.78 x64
Green VST2 x64

Not reproduced.
W8.1 x64
Reaper 4.78 x64
Green2 VST2 x64

Please submit support ticket with your problematic setup.
Best regards,
Enrique Silveti.
Acustica Audio customer and technical support
http://www.acustica-audio.com

Support
Expert
Expert

Post by Support » Tue May 19, 2015 12:09 pm

Strangely, the exact opposite thing happens here. When the last band is engaged there's a substantial boost in volume. Equally unusable.
Same as before, send us support ticket with your setup to try to reproduce your issue.
Best regards,
Enrique Silveti.

kylen

Post by kylen » Sun Oct 11, 2015 3:29 pm

tumburu wrote: Strangely, the exact opposite thing happens here. When the last band is engaged there's a substantial boost in volume. Equally unusable.
Same here. Just installed Green J yesterday, Win 7-32 Intel laptop, Reaper 5.03.

As a workaround I installed Green2. Unfortunately Green2 won't authorize, Reaper gives a VST scan error.

I'll enter a support ticket soon.

EDIT: Entered support tickets
[TECH-0000001399] Green2 Reaper scan - invalid operation
[TECH-0000001400] Green 'J' High band with 0 gain increases plugin Output

EDIT2: Scan problem caused by stupid customer - only installed Green2 update, not Green2 setup which I didn't see in my dashboard...thought Green2 update would change Green into Green2.

BTW what is "Search" for in the support page? It doesn't seem to do anything and/or I don't know how to use it. I was hoping to find other support tickets and workarounds but did not succeed.

I'll return to a previous version that works. :)

kylen

Post by kylen » Tue Nov 17, 2015 12:23 am

Green2 again, Win7-32. Last controller to the right is shelf, 26K boost at 9db. Switch band off, all knobs for that band rotate full counter clockwise. Switch that band back in and the full wideband audio (not just that band) decreases in volume about 9db, knobs rotate but return to full ccw on mouse-up, sound doesn't change.

Support closed last ticket cant re-create. Suggest maybe trying Win7-32 Reaper 5.04 with a bit of memory pressure. Task manager said Reaper memory utilized was 1GB, 70% of available. It's not too hard to get memory pressure on 32bit as you know. A couple of Green's will do it. Just a thought...

Support
Expert
Expert

Post by Support » Tue Nov 17, 2015 1:53 pm

Ticket TECH-0000001400 opened again.
We replayed on 12.10.2015 15:58:49, 72 hours after ticket replay, system send you a reminder and then close the ticket.

PS: You also can re-open the ticket when you want.
Best regards,
Enrique Silveti.

kylen

Post by kylen » Tue Nov 17, 2015 10:27 pm

Well nevermind. I tried Green2 again today with no memory pressure, something like 65% free memory according to task manager and the symptoms are the same. If you guys can't recreate it or you don't have any tools to trace anything then I guess that's it...I'd vote for a trace log tool though if I was to suggest a new Acqua feature.