Green

Share your experience, tips & tricks, show off your music.
gussyg
User Level X
User Level X

Re: Green

Post by gussyg » Tue Dec 16, 2014 11:21 pm

tumburu wrote:Truth to be told, AlexB spoiled us with analyzer snapshots in all his manuals and I, personally, didn't use that software before having Nebula, actually I had no idea it existed :mrgreen:

So, it comes around, and not only for you, pretty much for every other developer, now that the customers know what to expect.
I just use some white noise & logics eq analyzer ... not looking for faults.. I feel it helps me to understand the curves and shape of the EQ that's all

dagovitsj
Expert
Expert

Post by dagovitsj » Wed Dec 17, 2014 1:25 am

@ gussyg
- I think it's a good thing that you have found something that seems not to be correct with the Green EQ.

I can see from your signature that you're not a beta tester, and just speaking based on the pictures you posted - it's strange that the beta testers didn't found this deviation between the two bands?

Or perhaps it was found, but G and his team decided to put it out anyways, and fix it later?

Bottom line: I think there has been a significant shift towards much better response and good customer support the last year. And reading Giancarlos' postings here regarding Magenta and Amber, I get the feeling that they are really working hard to make the best possible product for us. And that these deviations that have been addressed for the new Aqcua plugins lately, are solved little by little.

I think your investment is safe, and that these things will be sorted!

Just my 2 cc :D
|Win 7-64bit | Reaper 4. x64, Cubase 6.5.3., 64 & 32 bit | RAM:16 GB | CPU: Intel Core i5 [email protected] 2,8 GHz | Samsung SSD 830 (256 GB) | WD: Black harddisks | Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT Graphics Accelerator | Gigabyte GA-P55A-UD4 |Nebula 3 Pro |

dacaveprods

Post by dacaveprods » Wed Dec 17, 2014 1:42 am

dagovitsj wrote:@ gussyg
- I think it's a good thing that you have found something that seems not to be correct with the Green EQ.

I can see from your signature that you're not a beta tester, and just speaking based on the pictures you posted - it's strange that the beta testers didn't found this deviation between the two bands?

Or perhaps it was found, but G and his team decided to put it out anyways, and fix it later?

Bottom line: I think there has been a significant shift towards much better response and good customer support the last year. And reading Giancarlos' postings here regarding Magenta and Amber, I get the feeling that they are really working hard to make the best possible product for us. And that these deviations that have been addressed for the new Aqcua plugins lately, are solved little by little.

Yep!!!

gussyg
User Level X
User Level X

Post by gussyg » Wed Dec 17, 2014 9:11 am

@ dagovitsj
thx.. as I said it was merely an observation, I'm a little surprised at the indifferent reaction to the "error ?" :?
I'm very much a fan of AA"s work :D

giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Post by giancarlo » Wed Dec 17, 2014 9:52 am

the deviation was found, but while on magenta was a bit more - a real shift of values - here we have something in the 10% ballpark, tolerated in electronics
So we decided to not fix it. If really someone misses the true value we'll just create a new skin.
This deviation is reported in the user manual of the original hardware product

gussyg
User Level X
User Level X

Post by gussyg » Wed Dec 17, 2014 10:01 am

giancarlo wrote:

the deviation was found, but while on magenta was a bit more - a real shift of values - here we have something in the 10% ballpark, tolerated in electronics
So we decided to not fix it. If really someone misses the true value we'll just create a new skin.
that's good enough for me :) .. Thx for your answer G

exwel
User Level 0
User Level 0

Post by exwel » Wed Dec 17, 2014 4:50 pm

As a former owner of the GML8200 and owner of Equilibrium and i am impressed of the GREEN eq.

I tested the Equilibrium (i hate this word, always forget how to pronounce it :P)
in FIR mode with the analogue setting with the GML curves.
I tried different setting and tried to match everything and the GREEN sounds much much better to my ears.

I sold my GML8200 because it was for me , how to say it, to glassy sounding, loved the high freq on it but i make EDM and for my it eated to much transient on the attacks if this makes sense.
I use my Massive passive much more for example, different beast i know.

But the GREEN has less of that glassy sound (if any one can explane it better then me please do ) and i like this one at the moment better then the GML i can remember.

I am very impressed. and i was so happy with the Equilibrium . :( :roll:

So congrats with this awsome release

ps great to hear there will be more eq pionts on the GREEN

flaviusr
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by flaviusr » Wed Dec 17, 2014 4:52 pm

This is very direct to the point :D
Dual boot /LGA 2011 /i7 3820 /32 GB /GA-X79S-UP5 / osX 10.9.5 - Win 10
Mac Book Pro 2.4 Ghz / 8 Gb / osX 10.9.5
Prism Sound Lyra 2 - RME-Fireface UCX - Octamic XTC
Nebula 4 Cubase Pro 9.5 Wavelab Pro 9 Reaper 5.91 Ozone 8 Pro Tools 12.5

giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Post by giancarlo » Thu Dec 18, 2014 12:23 am

exwel wrote:As a former owner of the GML8200 and owner of Equilibrium and i am impressed of the GREEN eq.

I tested the Equilibrium (i hate this word, always forget how to pronounce it :P)
in FIR mode with the analogue setting with the GML curves.
I tried different setting and tried to match everything and the GREEN sounds much much better to my ears.

I sold my GML8200 because it was for me , how to say it, to glassy sounding, loved the high freq on it but i make EDM and for my it eated to much transient on the attacks if this makes sense.
I use my Massive passive much more for example, different beast i know.

But the GREEN has less of that glassy sound (if any one can explane it better then me please do ) and i like this one at the moment better then the GML i can remember.

I am very impressed. and i was so happy with the Equilibrium . :( :roll:

So congrats with this awsome release

ps great to hear there will be more eq pionts on the GREEN
thank you!!

tumburu
Vip Member
Vip Member

Post by tumburu » Thu Dec 18, 2014 4:03 pm

Bougt it and love the sound and the big interface. The phasing issue of previous Aqua eqs is gone! Also, I have to admit, the 'no numbers' controls are starting to grow on me.

Can't wait for the update on the frequency points.