Titanium (multiband compressor)

Share your experience, tips & tricks, show off your music.
kindafishy
Vip Member
Vip Member

Re: Titanium (multiband compressor)

Post by kindafishy » Tue Dec 02, 2014 1:58 am

giancarlo wrote:oh well, we'll try to do it. It is a very good and smooth compressor, with a very little aliasing and a proper harmonic distortion, closely matched
Aliasing? Can you please explain, giancarlo? I assumed this would be hardware perfect, as in no aliasing?

ianc
User Level X
User Level X

Post by ianc » Tue Dec 02, 2014 5:09 am

Damn you, that's another month with no booze or decent fags.
Is this going to be neb4 compatible ?
Havn't found a multi-band yet that I care to use, I use Warmultipress when needs must and lacking option's. So been praying for something like this for ages, so glad it's finally possible and happening :D
I wish I could drum half as well with two hands as one of Terry Bozzio's feet

giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Post by giancarlo » Tue Dec 02, 2014 8:43 am

yes like all acqua products!
Beware this one is not full of features, it just is acting like an hardware one, soundwise. No fancy controls, it is pretty basic

giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Post by giancarlo » Tue Dec 02, 2014 8:54 am

kindafishy wrote:
giancarlo wrote:oh well, we'll try to do it. It is a very good and smooth compressor, with a very little aliasing and a proper harmonic distortion, closely matched
Aliasing? Can you please explain, giancarlo? I assumed this would be hardware perfect, as in no aliasing?
no, on compressors you have a very fast switch on gain. It creates distortion, and if not correctly managed, also aliasing
We are using a new generation of envelope followers, smoothed and with memory: they are composed by chained ones. The real issue is how to force this object to correct timings, and, more important, correct shapes, since it is composed by a series of different tau times (tau is the time constant used for rise and fall). Here the new tech
Last, how to force this whole nebula instance to decent cpu loads - a normal nebula instance moved at this speed would need a whole i7 core.
There are 3-4 new techniques at once.

We'll have a rc today featuring a global envelope follower based on 3 chained peak envelope followers. At the end I disable completely lookahead, in order to get the correct behaviour for shapes. We could add easily 10 ms of lookahead in acqua plugs, but it was not necessary. Attack time in this particular case is around 1 millisecond, and the shape there is pretty naive and interesting. A lookahead would hide it at fast attack times.

kindafishy
Vip Member
Vip Member

Post by kindafishy » Tue Dec 02, 2014 4:02 pm

giancarlo wrote:
kindafishy wrote:
no, on compressors you have a very fast switch on gain. It creates distortion, and if not correctly managed, also aliasing
We are using a new generation of envelope followers, smoothed and with memory: they are composed by chained ones. The real issue is how to force this object to correct timings, and, more important, correct shapes, since it is composed by a series of different tau times (tau is the time constant used for rise and fall). Here the new tech
Last, how to force this whole nebula instance to decent cpu loads - a normal nebula instance moved at this speed would need a whole i7 core.
There are 3-4 new techniques at once.

We'll have a rc today featuring a global envelope follower based on 3 chained peak envelope followers. At the end I disable completely lookahead, in order to get the correct behaviour for shapes. We could add easily 10 ms of lookahead in acqua plugs, but it was not necessary. Attack time in this particular case is around 1 millisecond, and the shape there is pretty naive and interesting. A lookahead would hide it at fast attack times.
Thank you for the excellent answer, giancarlo. Appreciate the level of detail.

giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Post by giancarlo » Tue Dec 02, 2014 7:30 pm

RC today. Imho it sounds very very good.

timdestexhe
User Level IX
User Level IX

Post by timdestexhe » Tue Dec 02, 2014 8:04 pm

Sorry to sound like a newbie, but RC, does that mean also for non-beta testers?

giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Post by giancarlo » Tue Dec 02, 2014 8:15 pm

it is the release candidate, so we are close to a release

timdestexhe
User Level IX
User Level IX

Post by timdestexhe » Tue Dec 02, 2014 8:19 pm

So today I can play around with it (the RC?)? To rephrase my question :D Or wait for the release.
Last edited by timdestexhe on Tue Dec 02, 2014 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

flipnautold
Expert
Expert

Post by flipnautold » Tue Dec 02, 2014 8:20 pm

obvious...

i hope that they will launch also the demo...
Studio One on Intel i7 4790k.
Aquas i like are: Lime, Gold, Pink2412, Amethyst2, Honey

Support
Expert
Expert

Post by Support » Tue Dec 02, 2014 8:23 pm

timdestexhe wrote:Sorry to sound like a newbie, but RC, does that mean also for non-beta testers?
Release candidate is a beta version with installers. Only for beta.
Best regards,
Acustica Audio help-desk service and support.
https://www.acustica-audio.com/
Acustica Audio is a trademark of Acusticaudio SRL.

To contact Acustica Audio support go to the ‘Support’ in your Acustica Audio account.
We do not provide support via social networks, public forums, Acustica Audio forums, or email accounts.

timdestexhe
User Level IX
User Level IX

Post by timdestexhe » Tue Dec 02, 2014 8:26 pm

Sorry to say, but don't keep posting and give us high hopes in the public forum, while it's basically again a disappointment (only for beta-testers), not being able to test it. Keep in mind we already paid to you guys. But I'm looking forward to the release, so don't see this as an insult, because you guys make great products.

kindafishy
Vip Member
Vip Member

Post by kindafishy » Tue Dec 02, 2014 8:29 pm

timdestexhe wrote:Sorry to say, but don't keep posting and give us high hopes in the public forum, while it's basically again a disappointment (only for beta-testers), not being able to test it. Keep in mind we already paid to you guys. But I'm looking forward to the release, so don't see this as an insult, because you guys make great products.
In your opinion, of course. I disagree. I love being kept in the loop and knowing the status of the development. Please keep posting these updates (In my opinion, of course).

timdestexhe
User Level IX
User Level IX

Post by timdestexhe » Tue Dec 02, 2014 8:31 pm

Yes of course, it's also because I didn't know what RC was, that's why I misunderstood.. It felt like "today you can try an early version with some bugs". Sorry my bad. Keep posting updates of course! I was just so hyped for it.

kindafishy
Vip Member
Vip Member

Post by kindafishy » Tue Dec 02, 2014 8:31 pm

timdestexhe wrote:Yes of course, it's also because I didn't know what RC was, that's why I misunderstood.. It felt like "today you can try an early version without bugs". Sorry my bad. Keep posting updates of course! I was just so hyped for it.
Me too! Very excited...