Magenta 2 Out !

Share your experience, tips & tricks, show off your music.
Mordus

Re: Magenta 2 Out !

Post by Mordus » Thu Sep 10, 2015 6:07 pm

I have to say that I'm really impressed after testing de demo.
Since then, the only logical option was to buy it.
Magenta made me really happy. Now EQing masters is much more fast, intuitive, and I'm able to achieve much more better sounding results.

THANKS AGAIN ACUSTICA, you are a hole in my pocket... 8-)

One thing to improve, in my opinion, is the response of the frequency knob compared to the gain or bandwidth knobs. The frequency knob moves just a little bit random when i play on it, but gain and bandwidth knobs play so fine and smooth on mouse or trackpad touch.

I use to move knobs pressing 'shift' always (linear mode, fine-tunnig), otherwise it's a mess (not just with MAGENTA).
Is there any way to make 'shift'+mouse the default move for knobs?
Something in the .xml?
Keep it simple, be happy.

Logic Pro X / Reaper / RME / Italian Handcrafted Loudspeakers

Support
Expert
Expert

Post by Support » Fri Sep 11, 2015 9:28 am

Mordus wrote:I have to say that I'm really impressed after testing de demo.
Magenta made me really happy. Now EQing masters is much more fast, intuitive, and I'm able to achieve much more better sounding results.

One thing to improve, in my opinion, is the response of the frequency knob compared to the gain or bandwidth knobs. The frequency knob moves just a little bit random when i play on it, but gain and bandwidth knobs play so fine and smooth on mouse or trackpad touch.

I use to move knobs pressing 'shift' always (linear mode, fine-tunnig), otherwise it's a mess (not just with MAGENTA).
Something in the .xml?
Behavior already reported.
Best regards,
Enrique Silveti.
Acustica Audio customer and technical support
http://www.acustica-audio.com

Mordus

Post by Mordus » Fri Sep 11, 2015 10:37 am

Perfect.
Thanks support!

tkrizic
User Level III
User Level III

Post by tkrizic » Fri Sep 11, 2015 10:44 am

Something in the .xml?
I agree with this one completely

flaviusr
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by flaviusr » Fri Sep 11, 2015 1:41 pm

Nice question :idea:
Dual boot /LGA 2011 /i7 3820 /32 GB /GA-X79S-UP5 / osX 10.9.5 - Win 10
Mac Book Pro 2.4 Ghz / 8 Gb / osX 10.9.5
Prism Sound Lyra 2 - RME-Fireface UCX - Octamic XTC
Nebula 4 Cubase Pro 9.5 Wavelab Pro 9 Reaper 5.91 Ozone 8 Pro Tools 12.5

davidgary73
Expert
Expert

Post by davidgary73 » Sun Oct 11, 2015 1:03 am

In Logic Pro X, Magenta2 is eating up audio just like Green2 bug.

Also, the frequency knob moves a bit random using it like many users have reported.

Again this has been reported by users and is pretty disheartening to see that issues are not addressed after a few months.

Kindly seed the updates soon.
MacPro 2 x 2.4 Ghz 6 Core Intel Xeon • 28GB Ram • Logic Pro X 10.4.1 • OSX 10.12.6 • VEP 6 • Console 1 •

Please join us - Facebook Acustica Audio Official Group page @ https://www.facebook.com/groups/2161186247437661/

giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Post by giancarlo » Sun Oct 11, 2015 4:28 am

We explained in other threads, there is a cyclic revision on products
Magenta, like all other products, is scheduled
For quick fixes- not everything can be fixed - in most of cases you could grab a new dll like navy and replace magenta one
It applies to everything for the exception of au, where the procedure exists but it is not documented. But we are going to change au32 and au64, the new procedure is different from the current one

davidgary73
Expert
Expert

Post by davidgary73 » Sun Oct 11, 2015 4:39 am

giancarlo wrote:We explained in other threads, there is a cyclic revision on products
Magenta, like all other products, is scheduled
For quick fixes- not everything can be fixed - in most of cases you could grab a new dll like navy and replace magenta one
It applies to everything for the exception of au, where the procedure exists but it is not documented. But we are going to change au32 and au64, the new procedure is different from the current one
All right then. We will wait for the new updates and try not to keep us waiting to long :)

Thanks Gian
MacPro 2 x 2.4 Ghz 6 Core Intel Xeon • 28GB Ram • Logic Pro X 10.4.1 • OSX 10.12.6 • VEP 6 • Console 1 •

Please join us - Facebook Acustica Audio Official Group page @ https://www.facebook.com/groups/2161186247437661/

giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Post by giancarlo » Sun Oct 11, 2015 9:44 am

we have an internal calendar about those upgrades
Enrique joined our team and we are checking all products within this time schedule pointing all bugs

I suggest to open a ticket if you didn't, because we have hard time to track bugs on the forum. For example I'm quite sure the "knob issue" was not in the list of fixes about magenta.

btw: in our calendar magenta is scheduled within 20 days. Anyway this is an internal calendar, it is not official, it means we could have delays due to issues we have on other products to be released.

Enrique: check all forum posts also here.

Mordus

Post by Mordus » Sun Oct 11, 2015 12:50 pm

Support wrote:

Something in the .xml?
Behavior already reported.
In this answer from Enrique I undesrtand that 'the knob issue' is actually reported. If not, i'll open my own ticket.

Support
Expert
Expert

Post by Support » Mon Oct 12, 2015 2:04 pm

Knob issue is reported and Francesco will fix before CORE7 Magenta upgrade. Upgrade calendar will be posted soon.

About CORE6 pre 1.3.960 issue, the workaround is to add two second of silence before you audio start in order to allow Acqua plug-in to buffer the audio correctly.
Best regards,
Enrique Silveti.

spanck
User Level 0
User Level 0

Post by spanck » Tue Nov 17, 2015 2:01 pm

Any news about the Magenta upgrade?

I bought the Core6 version on August but I still can't use it since I've experienced the "knob issue" on my system (quickly reported).

I'm sorry but I don't know what to think: I found no detailed info about this on the site/forum, no scheduled updates.
After 3 months the only thing I know is that "Francesco will fix before CORE7 Magenta upgrade".

I have no hurry and I know that Acustica is a small SH that make things with passion, but maybe 3 months for a fix (that affects the basic plugin usability) it's a bit much

I'm sorry if it sounds like a complaint: it's just a user's advice.

Mordus

Post by Mordus » Tue Nov 17, 2015 6:49 pm

Support wrote:Upgrade calendar will be posted soon.
Excuse me, Enrique. But this is not serious.

Support
Expert
Expert

Post by Support » Tue Nov 17, 2015 8:48 pm

We did a calendar, we change three times, and we agree that is no good to post an impossible calendar. We will update products, adding new features and bug fixing priority, instead of accomplish a deadline.

I can confirm you that we are working this week with Green and The next one will be Magenta.
Best regards,
Enrique Silveti.

Support
Expert
Expert

Post by Support » Thu Nov 26, 2015 6:10 pm

AAX customers, we have a public preview for AAX 64 bits and AAX 32 bits for Windows and OSX of Magenta3 (version 1.4.00x CORE7, etc). If you want to test it to confirm the compatibility with your system, please request it though a ticket to technical support.

Note: AAX 32 should be compatible with AAX 64 making possible to open sessions done in PT 10 with Magenta3 AAX 32 in PT 11/12 with Amber2 AAX 64.
Best regards,
Enrique Silveti.