Magenta 2 Out !

Share your experience, tips & tricks, show off your music.
Support
Expert
Expert

Re: Magenta 2 Out !

Post by Support » Sat Jun 13, 2015 1:59 pm

I don't know what you have done, but this is MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH better than versatile! It seems really responsive, where as versatile has a massive delay between turning knobs and hearing an audible change - by the time i've found something I like i've already turned the knob past it!
Send us a support ticket.
BUT.. ..the audio still crackles and glitches, like versatile, when i turn the frequency knob in Ableton Live 9.1 (Mac OS X 64bit audio unit). I'll try Logic Pro X when i'm next in the studio and when I get a chance i'll download and try reaper.
Best regards,
Enrique Silveti.
Acustica Audio customer and technical support
http://www.acustica-audio.com

wrigout
User Level IV
User Level IV

Post by wrigout » Sat Jun 13, 2015 3:06 pm

I'm also very happy with Magenta 2 !

I really wish Versatile would react the same way as Magenta 2.

I had to change Mixcyclerates to 0 but the latency is buging me a bit.

Support
Expert
Expert

Post by Support » Sat Jun 13, 2015 8:00 pm

but the latency is buging me a bit.
Why latency is a problem for your?
Best regards,
Enrique Silveti.

wrigout
User Level IV
User Level IV

Post by wrigout » Sun Jun 14, 2015 10:31 am

Support wrote:
but the latency is buging me a bit.
Why latency is a problem for your?
Turning knob and having to wait a few seconds for the sonic result can be annoying when mixing.

I can use Magenta 2 with mixcyclerates at 20, it is fast and i don't have cpu spikes.

I can't do that with versatile.

sethius
User Level II
User Level II

Post by sethius » Sun Jun 14, 2015 10:46 am

Support wrote:
I don't know what you have done, but this is MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH better than versatile! It seems really responsive, where as versatile has a massive delay between turning knobs and hearing an audible change - by the time i've found something I like i've already turned the knob past it!
BUT.. ..the audio still crackles and glitches, like versatile, when i turn the frequency knob in Ableton Live 9.1 (Mac OS X 64bit audio unit). I'll try Logic Pro X when i'm next in the studio and when I get a chance i'll download and try reaper.
Guys, I'll send you a support ticket if you like, but these problems I'm having seem to be the same problems others are having. I'm confused as to how these issues were'nt obvious when you were coding Magenta V2 and Versatile. Did your testers not report these problems?! Also are you actually testing Ableton 9 64bit AU for Mac OS X? I have a cutting edge Mac Pro, the latest updates and all of these problems are obvious to me.

I don't mean to come across rude as I truly want this amazing software to be working perfectly and for many other people to be able to enjoy using it and get breath taking results like we all do here! BUT these 2 plugins are far from ready to be out of beta testing, yet you've sold them like this? Come on guys, you're so close to being able to compete with UAD, please fix these quality control issues and get some Ableton beta testers, a lot of producers in my area of the music industry use it and and some of them are now becoming interested in these plugins!!

Support
Expert
Expert

Post by Support » Sun Jun 14, 2015 8:28 pm

Guys, I'll send you a support ticket if you like,
Development team will need it when check our support report. They don't have time for read long topics and they need a complete step by step report and host/OS/computer full report.
I'm confused as to how these issues were'nt obvious when you were coding Magenta V2 and Versatile. Did your testers not report these problems?
RE: Our 25 testers team did not detect this issue due not happen in all systems.
Also are you actually testing Ableton 9 64bit AU for Mac OS X?

RE: Yes. OSX 10.8 full support recommended OSX version. 10.9 partial support not recommended OSX version. OSX 10.10 full support not recommended OSX version. This is the reason our beta testers still use OSX 10.8.
I have a cutting edge Mac Pro, the latest updates and all of these problems are obvious to me.
RE: We don't recommend lasted OSX 10.10.x OSX. Apple tends to change too many things. Any way we have several MBPs running 10.10 and VMWare Fusion with W8.1.
I don't mean to come across rude as I truly want this amazing software to be working perfectly and for many other people to be able to enjoy using it and get breath taking results like we all do here! BUT these 2 plugins are far from ready to be out of beta testing, yet you've sold them like this?
RE: Our 25 testers team did not detect this issue due happen not happen in all systems.
Come on guys, you're so close to being able to compete with UAD, please fix these quality control issues and get some Ableton beta testers, a lot of producers in my area of the music industry use it and and some of them are now becoming interested in these plugins!
RE: We have already Live 9 NFR and several beta testers on Live/OSX combination.
Best regards,
Enrique Silveti.

sethius
User Level II
User Level II

Post by sethius » Sun Jun 14, 2015 11:53 pm

Ok I'll create a support ticket.

But I'm confused about is why 10.8 is the only os x version that is fully supported? It's nearly 3 years old and my Mac Pro is too new to support it. The earliest OS X version I can use is 10.9 and that is what I have installed. I have 10.9.5 installed. Are you saying that your plugins aren't compatible with this system?

Also are you testing 64 sample buffer size in 64bit Ableton 9.1 AU OS X 10.9.5?

Thanks, I'll send a full bug report as soon as possible and hopefully it will help you resolve this.

Support
Expert
Expert

Post by Support » Tue Jun 16, 2015 2:18 pm

sethius wrote:Ok I'll create a support ticket.

But I'm confused about is why 10.8 is the only os x version that is fully supported? It's nearly 3 years old and my Mac Pro is too new to support it. The earliest OS X version I can use is 10.9 and that is what I have installed. I have 10.9.5 installed. Are you saying that your plugins aren't compatible with this system?

Also are you testing 64 sample buffer size in 64bit Ableton 9.1 AU OS X 10.9.5?

Thanks, I'll send a full bug report as soon as possible and hopefully it will help you resolve this.
Reposting my last post:

RE: Yes. OSX 10.8 full support recommended OSX version. 10.9 partial support not recommended OSX version. OSX 10.10 full support not recommended OSX version. This is the reason our beta testers still use OSX 10.8.

We don't recommend 10.10 due Apple tend to change a lot of thing without take care of backward compatibility. In new computers OSX 10.8 installation should be done by Apple support. Currently OSX 10.10.3 seems to be stable but 10.10.4, nobody know it.

Magenta is a post production tool, small audio buffer means more CPU load, if you current computer system can not manage it, you should increase your ASIO/AC audio buffer or buy a computer with more CPU power.
Best regards,
Enrique Silveti.

Hellraiser8186
User Level 0
User Level 0

Post by Hellraiser8186 » Thu Jul 23, 2015 2:16 pm

Hi.
If I buy Magenta II today + the Mastering Package would it work together or do I get the Magenta I version too for that? Or how does it work (if not why is the mastering package still avaiable :shock: ?)?

giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Post by giancarlo » Thu Jul 23, 2015 2:22 pm

Hellraiser8186 wrote:Hi.
If I buy Magenta II today + the Mastering Package would it work together or do I get the Magenta I version too for that? Or how does it work (if not why is the mastering package still avaiable :shock: ?)?
all previous things should be in download section/dashboard (so also magenta I).
We are keeping all things for backward compatibility.
If something is missing just contact us.

Support
Expert
Expert

Post by Support » Thu Jul 23, 2015 4:16 pm

Hellraiser8186 wrote:Hi.
If you buy Magenta 2 you will receive Magenta 1 and Magenta 2. You should buy also MP.
Best regards,
Enrique Silveti.

davidgary73
Expert
Expert

Post by davidgary73 » Thu Jul 30, 2015 4:44 pm

OSX 10.8 full support recommended OSX version. 10.9 partial support not recommended OSX version. OSX 10.10 full support not recommended OSX version. This is the reason our beta testers still use OSX 10.8.

We don't recommend 10.10 due Apple tend to change a lot of thing without take care of backward compatibility. In new computers OSX 10.8 installation should be done by Apple support. Currently OSX 10.10.3 seems to be stable but 10.10.4, nobody know it.
Was about to click the purchase button until i read this!!!

I'm on the latest Mac OSX 10.10.4 and if i would buy Magenta 2 today, i can't use it at all? Do i have to wait for a proper version in order to use it?
MacPro 2 x 2.4 Ghz 6 Core Intel Xeon • 28GB Ram • Logic Pro X 10.4.1 • OSX 10.12.6 • VEP 6 • Console 1 •

Please join us - Facebook Acustica Audio Official Group page @ https://www.facebook.com/groups/2161186247437661/

Support
Expert
Expert

Post by Support » Thu Jul 30, 2015 5:45 pm

davidgary73 wrote:
OSX 10.8 full support recommended OSX version. 10.9 partial support not recommended OSX version. OSX 10.10 full support not recommended OSX version. This is the reason our beta testers still use OSX 10.8.

Was about to click the purchase button until i read this!!!

I'm on the latest Mac OSX 10.10.4 and if i would buy Magenta 2 today, i can't use it at all? Do i have to wait for a proper version in order to use it?
We are testing OSX 10.10.x. 10.10.3 and 10.10.4 seems to be very stable. Our products are 100% compatible with OSX 10.10.x 64 bits but our beta tester still prefer OSX 10.8.5.

There are several Acqua Effects trials, test trial before buy.
Best regards,
Enrique Silveti.

davidgary73
Expert
Expert

Post by davidgary73 » Thu Jul 30, 2015 6:06 pm

Support wrote:We are testing OSX 10.10.x. 10.10.3 and 10.10.4 seems to be very stable. Our products are 100% compatible with OSX 10.10.x 64 bits but our beta tester still prefer OSX 10.8.5.

There are several Acqua Effects trials, test trial before buy.
I would like to give Magenta 2 a test drive but unfortunately there's no trial.

Most OSX users are staying on 10.8.5 because it's stable given now, many have moved to 10.10.4 and it is absolutely stable.

I reckon beta testers need to be on the cutting edge on OSX changes to provide you feedbacks hence, keeping your company on top, not dated.

Anyway, i would buy it now if Magenta 2 support for 10.10.4 is a go :)
MacPro 2 x 2.4 Ghz 6 Core Intel Xeon • 28GB Ram • Logic Pro X 10.4.1 • OSX 10.12.6 • VEP 6 • Console 1 •

Please join us - Facebook Acustica Audio Official Group page @ https://www.facebook.com/groups/2161186247437661/

davidgary73
Expert
Expert

Post by davidgary73 » Fri Jul 31, 2015 10:27 am

So do i buy it now or do i have to wait till its compatible with OSX 10.10.4?