Magenta 2 Out !

Share your experience, tips & tricks, show off your music.
User avatar
tumburu
Vip Member
Vip Member
Posts: 462
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:00 pm

Re: Magenta 2 Out !

Post by tumburu » Thu Jun 11, 2015 1:02 pm

Lovely update. The unified interface is better than the sum of the previous two. I don't exactly know why and I didn't have the time to test it properly, but it seems to sound better than v1.

Patiently waiting for the (rare) buffer problem to be fixed so I can use it in mastering.

Good job.

Mannymac
Member
Member
Posts: 202
Joined: Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:32 am

Re: Magenta 2 Out !

Post by Mannymac » Thu Jun 11, 2015 1:14 pm

Agreed it sounds less harsh for some reason. Have you changed some of the high band?

User avatar
giancarlo
Founder
Founder
Posts: 10894
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:40 pm
Location: Italy

Re: Magenta 2 Out !

Post by giancarlo » Thu Jun 11, 2015 2:06 pm

Mannymac wrote:Agreed it sounds less harsh for some reason. Have you changed some of the high band?
yes less interpolation bugs

HolB
User Level I
User Level I
Posts: 19
Joined: Thu May 31, 2012 12:17 am

Re: Magenta 2 Out !

Post by HolB » Thu Jun 11, 2015 10:49 pm

giancarlo wrote:
Mannymac wrote:Agreed it sounds less harsh for some reason. Have you changed some of the high band?
yes less interpolation bugs
1/ Why Magenta2 lowers the gain by few dB ?

2/ I made some tests (after matching the levels), Magenta2 seems to have a more "matt" sound, Magenta1 sounds more open in the high (more "air") than Magenta2 (I didn't touch the high freqs), why ? Is it the interpolation bugs which create a saturation in the highs fequencies ?
I use these settings below (screenshots)
Attachments
magenta2.png
magenta1.png

User avatar
giancarlo
Founder
Founder
Posts: 10894
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:40 pm
Location: Italy

Re: Magenta 2 Out !

Post by giancarlo » Thu Jun 11, 2015 11:14 pm

which frequency rate are you using?

HolB
User Level I
User Level I
Posts: 19
Joined: Thu May 31, 2012 12:17 am

Re: Magenta 2 Out !

Post by HolB » Thu Jun 11, 2015 11:17 pm

giancarlo wrote:which frequency rate are you using?
96Khz

User avatar
giancarlo
Founder
Founder
Posts: 10894
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:40 pm
Location: Italy

Re: Magenta 2 Out !

Post by giancarlo » Thu Jun 11, 2015 11:46 pm

for 96 khz there is no improvement (ripple apart), so if you find a level issue just open a ticket

User avatar
TranscendingMusic
Expert
Expert
Posts: 1205
Joined: Sat Mar 27, 2010 7:01 am
Location: USA
Contact:

Re: Magenta 2 Out !

Post by TranscendingMusic » Thu Jun 11, 2015 11:47 pm

HolB wrote:
giancarlo wrote:
Mannymac wrote:Agreed it sounds less harsh for some reason. Have you changed some of the high band?
yes less interpolation bugs
1/ Why Magenta2 lowers the gain by few dB ?

2/ I made some tests (after matching the levels), Magenta2 seems to have a more "matt" sound, Magenta1 sounds more open in the high (more "air") than Magenta2 (I didn't touch the high freqs), why ? Is it the interpolation bugs which create a saturation in the highs fequencies ?
I use these settings below (screenshots)
Regarding point 2: it depends on how you look at it. From one perspective it is rounder and fuller sounding. I just made audio to add to my shootout thread.
Bob
mixing | mastering
Win 10 x64 | Cubase 9.5 Pro x64 |
Sonar Platinum x64 | 3930K(OC)

User avatar
giancarlo
Founder
Founder
Posts: 10894
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:40 pm
Location: Italy

Re: Magenta 2 Out !

Post by giancarlo » Thu Jun 11, 2015 11:49 pm

tumburu wrote:Lovely update. The unified interface is better than the sum of the previous two. I don't exactly know why and I didn't have the time to test it properly, but it seems to sound better than v1.

Patiently waiting for the (rare) buffer problem to be fixed so I can use it in mastering.

Good job.
yes we'll start working on it very soon

User avatar
flipnaut
Expert
Expert
Posts: 716
Joined: Sat May 18, 2013 3:36 pm
Location: Germany, Düsseldorf
Contact:

Re: Magenta 2 Out !

Post by flipnaut » Fri Jun 12, 2015 12:05 am

InTheChaos wrote:
flipnaut wrote:hmm thank you... i made that folder again (deletedt it before) but it does not do it... :?

I made a ticket already.
You might want to re-download your auth file from your dashboard and put it in your Acustica64 file where your vst is.
tried it but with no excess :| :|
Studio One on Intel i7 4790k.
Aquas i like are: Lime, Gold, Pink2412, Amethyst2, Honey

Post Reply