Magenta Eq (general discussion)

Share your experience, tips & tricks, show off your music.
Hannes_F
User Level X
User Level X

Re: Magenta Eq (general discussion)

Post by Hannes_F » Mon Dec 01, 2014 10:43 pm

Well I think 3 kernels is already plenty for an EQ. If I remember well then most high quality EQ libraries for Nebula Pro that I own have 3 and no more.

Tim Petherick
Expert
Expert

Post by Tim Petherick » Mon Dec 01, 2014 10:46 pm

nonstandardryder wrote:As an option I would love to see super HD 9 kernel version of things in the future with zero compromise in sound. Long latency, lots of drive space used, very high cpu, but with no compromise in sound.

With these "HD" versions if your computer or workflow cant handle it, no crying, get a new computer, and get a new workflow :)

Or Im just dumb and none of this would make any difference and i apologize for suggesting. :mrgreen:
I cannot speak for this eq in particular but A lot of times the harmonics that extend further than 3 kernals Will be very low in volume on a eq, we are almost talking out of perception. Not unless you find a way of driving the eq without unpleasant artifacts. Also it depends on noise and the type of eq itself. Of course this is a generalisation, so I cannot speak for harmonics on that particular unit. One of the first test I do is to check harmonics on the unit and 90% of the time I only need a low amount of kernals.

RJHollins
Expert
Expert

Post by RJHollins » Mon Dec 01, 2014 11:50 pm

too add ... if I may ;)

The individual bands are 'clean', but they all feed into the preamp that provides the harmonics. Thereby matching the character integrity of the hardware.
i7-5820k, MSI X99A Plus, 16 GIG Ram, Noctua NH-D14, Win-7 Pro [64-bit], Reaper-64

NVC [Nebula Virtual Controllers]

Hannes_F
User Level X
User Level X

Post by Hannes_F » Tue Dec 02, 2014 12:21 am

RJHollins wrote:too add ... if I may ;)

The individual bands are 'clean', but they all feed into the preamp that provides the harmonics. Thereby matching the character integrity of the hardware.
Yes thanks, that makes sense. The preamp program has 5 kernels for Magenta and Amber.

RJHollins
Expert
Expert

Post by RJHollins » Tue Dec 02, 2014 12:43 am

It was a main reason for the requested Preamp to be user switchable ON/OFF.

Now, should we need to stack EQ's, we can have 'extra' bands available ... yet still maintain unit character [harmonic] integrity.

And if additional 'vibe' needed ... click on all the preamps 8-)
i7-5820k, MSI X99A Plus, 16 GIG Ram, Noctua NH-D14, Win-7 Pro [64-bit], Reaper-64

NVC [Nebula Virtual Controllers]

Hannes_F
User Level X
User Level X

Post by Hannes_F » Tue Dec 02, 2014 12:50 am

RJHollins wrote:It was a main reason for the requested Preamp to be user switchable ON/OFF.
... however I did not find in the documentation where exactly to switch it off :-)

mathias
Expert
Expert

Post by mathias » Tue Dec 02, 2014 1:07 am

preamp on/off switching is only available for ambereq at the moment.

when you click on the amber logo in the middle, the preamp is switched off, eq-bands are still on. you have to use the daw bypass, to switch amber off as a whole.

for the other acqua effects, you can use the eq bands in nebula (there is an installer that copies the needed files from the acqua-installation to the right places). there you can use them without the preamp as 1-kernel programs.
or you use any preamp program you like, to color the sound ...
system 1: windows 8 32 bit - samplitude prox/x3, tracktion6/7, reaper
system 2: mac osx yosemite - reaper(32+64bit), tracktion6/7(32+64bit)

both systems on: macbook pro (late 2009), core 2 duo 3,06 ghz, 4 gb ram, graphic: nvidia geforce 9600M GT 512 MB

cjperez
User Level IX
User Level IX

Post by cjperez » Thu Dec 04, 2014 7:45 pm

Just Incase Anyone is wondering,
I've been using Magenta in CUbase 8 with no problems thus far.
IT's been running smooth, just like in CUbase 7.5
I'm also running Orange EQ,& Red eq with no problems. With the exception of the RED eq causing my Projects to take twice as long to load up in Cubase.... But that was happening with version 7 anyway.

But other than that, those 3 acqua Plugins that i Have are working great in Cubase 8..... Incase anyone was wondering.
Intel Core i7 5820k 3.3ghz. 32gigs Ram, Samsung SSD, MSI X99A motherboard, Cubase 8, H******* Mixbus 3.3 & 2.5, Antelope Audio Zen Studio & Yamaha N8 Mixers. Win. 7 64 bit.

SETHH
User Level IV
User Level IV

Post by SETHH » Thu Dec 04, 2014 7:57 pm

Same here. Except I'm using all the Aqua plugins compatible with OS X except Silk. They all run fine and Nebula too. Cubase 8 is awesome btw.
cjperez wrote:Just Incase Anyone is wondering,
I've been using Magenta in CUbase 8 with no problems thus far.
IT's been running smooth, just like in CUbase 7.5
I'm also running Orange EQ,& Red eq with no problems. With the exception of the RED eq causing my Projects to take twice as long to load up in Cubase.... But that was happening with version 7 anyway.

But other than that, those 3 acqua Plugins that i Have are working great in Cubase 8..... Incase anyone was wondering.
MacBook Pro i7 2.6 GHz / 16 GB / OS X 10.8.5
RME Fireface UCX
Cubase 8
Nebula 3 Server 64-bit

bryan7nebula
User Level X
User Level X

Post by bryan7nebula » Sun Dec 07, 2014 8:39 pm

poshook wrote:Any news about the 96kHz plot bug fix?

yesterday italo resampled that band adding a new intermediate position for gain. I don't have a timeframe - but it should be on beta around the beginning of december

And please make the installers simple like your other products. It is currently very confusing with different installers and updates for Mastering and non-mastering pack. I bought the Mastering pack and I still can't figure out what to install.

Thank you.