Magenta Eq (general discussion)

Share your experience, tips & tricks, show off your music.
bryan7nebula
User Level X
User Level X

Re: Magenta Eq (general discussion)

Post by bryan7nebula » Mon Nov 17, 2014 2:01 pm

The description might be in the store, but people who are downloading an upgrade aren't going to go to the store first. Also, the file says 44 and 88 in the name and is smaller than the 48 96 installer so it is 100 percent confusing. Also, do I need to uninstall 808 version? And if so, do I need to reauthorize?
Guys, put a simple instruction file in the upgrade download area. We all have limited time and brains to guess at these things. We don't work at your company, so we don't know the answers. Just being honest about my feelings as a customer.

Support
Expert
Expert

Post by Support » Mon Nov 17, 2014 6:48 pm

bryan7nebula wrote:The description might be in the store, but people who are downloading an upgrade aren't going to go to the store first. Also, the file says 44 and 88 in the name and is smaller than the 48 96 installer so it is 100 percent confusing. Also, do I need to uninstall 808 version? And if so, do I need to reauthorize?
Guys, put a simple instruction file in the upgrade download area. We all have limited time and brains to guess at these things. We don't work at your company, so we don't know the answers. Just being honest about my feelings as a customer.
Which file and where exactly says: "44 and 88"?

I'll prepare Acqua Effect plug-ins upgrade information.
Best regards,
Enrique Silveti.
Acustica Audio customer and technical support
http://www.acustica-audio.com

bryan7nebula
User Level X
User Level X

Post by bryan7nebula » Tue Nov 18, 2014 12:44 am

The mastering pack file in my downloads says 44 88 in the file name. I work in 96, so this wont work for me. Is there an updated 96? Also do I need to reinstall and reauthorize from 808 version. This is my third time asking these exact questions.

I am on windows.

giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Post by giancarlo » Tue Nov 18, 2014 1:45 am

mastering pack covers the following frequencies

at once. I suggest to open a ticket, though.
About things which are not clear it is ok, in the ticket explain exactly what is not clear and where, so we can fix it.
Mastering pack is adding frequencies, not removing them. It us an upgrade. Instead of two frequencies you have 4. The installation repairs and upgrades the previous one

Support
Expert
Expert

Post by Support » Tue Nov 18, 2014 12:03 pm

The mastering pack file in my downloads says 44 88 in the file name.
I can not find this files with that names in Magenta Eq Mastering Pack sections
Attachments
MMPWD.jpg
MMPOSXD.jpg
Best regards,
Enrique Silveti.

Support
Expert
Expert

Post by Support » Tue Nov 18, 2014 12:18 pm

I work in 96, so this wont work for me.
No correct. Mastering Pack add big GUI plus native 48 and 88.2 kHz frequency vectors files. Magenta EQ will still work at 44.1 and 96 kHz and also you have the big GUI.
If you want the big GUI buy Mastering Pack. If you need to work at 48/88.2 kHz and you want native frequencies instead of real time sample rate conversion buy Mastering Pack.
Is there an updated 96?
Magenta Eq download section in your Dashboard, lasted update is C, says "Fix" and "1.3.811 C".
Also do I need to reinstall
You should install C fix without uninstall anything. But if you uninstall first, install Magenta Eq again can be called re-install, then you should install also C fix.
and reauthorize from 808 version. This is my third time asking these exact questions.
Depends what you means with "reauthorize". Acqua Effects plug-ins needs a proper installed personal key (.AUT file) to work. Personal key are local OS/computer related. You should request a new personal key if you change your OS or computer. So after re-install an Acqua Effects plug-ins you should install your personal key if you didn't before.
Best regards,
Enrique Silveti.

giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Post by giancarlo » Tue Nov 18, 2014 12:46 pm

poshook wrote:
Support wrote:
poshook wrote:Hi,

how can I get mastering addon? In my download section there is nothing like that. I would really welcome 88.2 format. thnx in advice
Mastering pack was free with pre-order, now you should buy it.
I was buying it in preorder and got it. thank you. BUT now when 96kHz version is useless because of hishelf bug I would expect you provide 88.2kHz from mastering version to any1 with standard version as substitution. ;)

ok finally we planned a better solution than the manual attempt of fixing things: instead of "release D" it is better to sample the same band again adding an other gain sample in the middle (more sampling, better interpolation).
The behaviour will be more accurate, the upgrade will be free as usuallly.

Meanwhile poshook just contact us.
About 88.2, I think we'll add it to all customers, keeping the mastering pack as a different gui update.

bryan7nebula
User Level X
User Level X

Post by bryan7nebula » Tue Nov 18, 2014 5:18 pm

1. Will we be emailed when this is done?

2. Do you have a time estimate?

3. Will this require complete reinstall?

Thanks.

giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Post by giancarlo » Tue Nov 18, 2014 7:24 pm

bryan7nebula wrote:1. Will we be emailed when this is done?

2. Do you have a time estimate?

3. Will this require complete reinstall?

Thanks.
yes it is an important update.
The resampling of that band before the end of the year, we already activated italo, he will resample it soon.

About the mastering pack, ASAP. It will not require a reinstall (and reinstalls for acquas are safes). Yes it will be announced.

SETHH
User Level IV
User Level IV

Post by SETHH » Wed Nov 19, 2014 1:08 pm

Hi there,

Giancarlo, would it be possible for you guys to keep an update log of somekind in a new thread or something? I tried to find what's changed in v1.3.811 Rev C but it's a really long thread by now and I just don't have the time. The Fix Release C thread also just linked to another long at Gearslutz. Did I understand correct that the low self-oscillating is fixed now, but there's also a new problem with something involving the hi-shelf?

Thanks!
MacBook Pro i7 2.6 GHz / 16 GB / OS X 10.8.5
RME Fireface UCX
Cubase 8
Nebula 3 Server 64-bit

Support
Expert
Expert

Post by Support » Wed Nov 19, 2014 1:20 pm

SETHH wrote:Hi there,

Giancarlo, would it be possible for you guys to keep an update log of somekind in a new thread or something? I tried to find what's changed in v1.3.811 Rev C but it's a really long thread by now and I just don't have the time. The Fix Release C thread also just linked to another long at Gearslutz. Did I understand correct that the low self-oscillating is fixed now, but there's also a new problem with something involving the hi-shelf?

Thanks!
Only one frequency is damaged in 96 kHz SR (only).
Best regards,
Enrique Silveti.

poshook
User Level V
User Level V

Post by poshook » Tue Nov 25, 2014 12:26 pm

Any news about the 96kHz plot bug fix?
Mac Pro 12-Core, OS X 10.2.3, 32GB RAM, GTX970, Apogee DUET FW, Logic Pro X 10.3.1, Trinity, Titanium, Pink, Red, Ochre, Orange, SAND, Gold

giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Post by giancarlo » Tue Nov 25, 2014 12:46 pm

poshook wrote:Any news about the 96kHz plot bug fix?
yesterday italo resampled that band adding a new intermediate position for gain. I don't have a timeframe - but it should be on beta around the beginning of december

ce1909

Post by ce1909 » Tue Nov 25, 2014 5:30 pm

Adjusting Magenta's knobs are still jumpy. Was there a fix for this or will there be one?

Also,using the right mouse button doesn't step parameters as with others.
Is this correct?

mtalavera

Post by mtalavera » Tue Nov 25, 2014 6:31 pm

ce1909 wrote:Adjusting Magenta's knobs are still jumpy. Was there a fix for this or will there be one?

Also,using the right mouse button doesn't step parameters as with others.
Is this correct?
Does this happen only with on particular sample rate? I use only the 44.1 sample rate and the knobs for me are really smooth, not jumpy at all like with sliders.