Magenta Eq (general discussion)

Share your experience, tips & tricks, show off your music.
dagovitsj
Expert
Expert

Re: Magenta Eq

Post by dagovitsj » Tue Oct 28, 2014 4:59 pm

giancarlo wrote:ok!
Great!
|Win 7-64bit | Reaper 4. x64, Cubase 6.5.3., 64 & 32 bit | RAM:16 GB | CPU: Intel Core i5 [email protected] 2,8 GHz | Samsung SSD 830 (256 GB) | WD: Black harddisks | Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT Graphics Accelerator | Gigabyte GA-P55A-UD4 |Nebula 3 Pro |

flipnautold
Expert
Expert

Post by flipnautold » Tue Oct 28, 2014 6:44 pm

Aaaah great info!!! Now i can use mousewheel when i not use legacy mode. cool...
Studio One on Intel i7 4790k.
Aquas i like are: Lime, Gold, Pink2412, Amethyst2, Honey

dagovitsj
Expert
Expert

Post by dagovitsj » Tue Oct 28, 2014 7:18 pm

Regarding skins:
1) When will it be possible to make our own skins for the Acqua plugins?

2) Is it a technical reason for waiting to unlock the possibility now or is it related to business/commercial things?
|Win 7-64bit | Reaper 4. x64, Cubase 6.5.3., 64 & 32 bit | RAM:16 GB | CPU: Intel Core i5 [email protected] 2,8 GHz | Samsung SSD 830 (256 GB) | WD: Black harddisks | Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT Graphics Accelerator | Gigabyte GA-P55A-UD4 |Nebula 3 Pro |

richie43
Expert
Expert

Post by richie43 » Tue Oct 28, 2014 7:28 pm

dagovitsj wrote:Regarding skins:

2) Is it a technical reason for waiting to unlock the possibility now or is it related to business/commercial things?
I wouldn't expect this to ever happen. Do you have any other plugins that give you access to the code to re-skin them? Personally, knowing how involved the Nebula/Acqua technology is, I would not want to mess with the code. How could Acustica offer support for products that are not as they were released? That sounds like a nightmare.......
The Sounds of the Hear and Now
http://soundyaudio.com/

Support
Expert
Expert

Post by Support » Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:14 pm

maniak wrote:Enrique, the mouse scroll wheel is not working here... I have to open a ticket for that?

When you change the value of each frequency from 28 to 38, 38 to 68 etc. It feels weird, not as tight as the high-pass filter and low pass filter for example.

Cuando cambias el valor de cada frecuencia de 28 a 38, 38 a 68 etc. se siente raro, no igual de ajustado como los filtros de paso alto y paso bajo por ejemplo.
According with RAE
Raro: Que se comporta de un modo inhabitual.

Could you explain us in detail the regular way that you want to feel the frequency pot.
Best regards,
Acustica Audio help-desk service and support.
https://www.acustica-audio.com/
Acustica Audio is a trademark of Acusticaudio SRL.

To contact Acustica Audio support go to the ‘Support’ in your Acustica Audio account.
We do not provide support via social networks, public forums, Acustica Audio forums, or email accounts.

Support
Expert
Expert

Post by Support » Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:18 pm

Hi!
Suggestion:
Please include this very important info in the pdf User guide for Acqua plugins like Orange EQ and Magenta EQ! The User guide shows a screen shot that defaults to 'install in legacy mode' without any explanation.
Under correction right now, corrected user manual, tips, FAQ and Magenta forum section will be publish in this current month.
Best regards,

To contact Acustica Audio support go to the ‘Support’ in your Acustica Audio account.
We do not provide support via social networks, public forums, Acustica Audio forums, or email accounts.

Support
Expert
Expert

Post by Support » Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:20 pm

Regarding skins:
NO.
Both.
Best regards,

dagovitsj
Expert
Expert

Post by dagovitsj » Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:56 pm

richie43 wrote:
dagovitsj wrote:Regarding skins:

I wouldn't expect this to ever happen. Do you have any other plugins that give you access to the code to re-skin them? Personally, knowing how involved the Nebula/Acqua technology is, I would not want to mess with the code. How could Acustica offer support for products that are not as they were released? That sounds like a nightmare.......
- Well, I'm just reading this thread and G wrote this Oct 20:
Acqua are already skinnable, so it is possible we'll receive additional skins from users. But please don't ask to me to release the original ugly skin ;)
- So I reckoned there was a reason to ask, Nebula is not like other plugins - fortunately :D
That said, it's possible that G meant something else or that they have changed their plans about skins recently.
How could Acustica offer support for products that are not as they were released? That sounds like a nightmare.......
- I would take it as an assumption that if it would be possible to re-skin, customers couldn't expect support from Acustica. It's kind of similar to what 3rd party developers for Nebula would expect today - if their customers choose to mess with all the different parameters inside Nebula, it can't be expected that they should give support when the developers have tuned their products in a certain way.

- But it would be a very nice move from Acustica if it was possible to make some alternative skins, send them to Acustica and and have them approved and made accessible to the community/customers. I have noticed that there are some very talented GUI designers in our community.

But I don't know the technology behind Acqua, like you obviously do (no sarcasm). That said, I think Melda plugins have an interesting approach that one can change both size and skins (limited choices though and not re-skinnable from their customers, I know!).

giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Post by giancarlo » Tue Oct 28, 2014 9:10 pm

reskin is not possible using current tech. Inside the skin there are things we can't disclose at this stage, but it will be done.
Melda is not using rocket tech, but probably a framework named juce. At the moment n3 and current acqua are based on stenberg vstgui, so a lot of things are not a piece of cake.
We suffer the issue of being on the market since 2007, and of the beginning of developements in 2005, when juce was still an early stage project and borland cbuilder was still a good choice.
This is the main reason why you can't compare what we can do now with what new companies can do without efforts. The transition require efforts and time.
Btw using juce the support of aax or au is simple, and even fancy guis.

dagovitsj
Expert
Expert

Post by dagovitsj » Tue Oct 28, 2014 9:15 pm

giancarlo wrote:reskin is not possible using current tech. Inside the skin there are things we can't disclose at this stage, but it will be done.
Melda is not using rocket tech, but probably a framework named juce. At the moment n3 and current acqua are based on stenberg vstgui, so a lot of things are not a piece of cake.
We suffer the issue of being on the market since 2007, and of creating nebula in 2005, when juce was still an early stage project amd borland cbuilder was a good choice.
This is the main reason why you can't compare what we can do with what new companies can do without efforts.
- Right! Thanks for the explanation. So if I interpret your statement which I quoted, the skins from users will probably be something for the future, but not now?! Correct?

giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Post by giancarlo » Tue Oct 28, 2014 9:32 pm

future.. 2015 for sure. To be honest if you really cannot live without it you could rent the acustica team for assembling it, it would cost around 500-1000 eur, supposed you have the whole gui ready.
Or just wait... ;)

maniak
User Level X
User Level X

Post by maniak » Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:02 pm

mathias wrote:
maniak wrote:
When you change the value of each frequency from 28 to 38, 38 to 68 etc. It feels weird, not as tight as the high-pass filter and low pass filter for example.

Cuando cambias el valor de cada frecuencia de 28 a 38, 38 a 68 etc. se siente raro, no igual de ajustado como los filtros de paso alto y paso bajo por ejemplo.
Support wrote: According with RAE
Raro: Que se comporta de un modo inhabitual.

Could you explain us in detail the regular way that you want to feel the frequency pot.
i think the issues with the jittery snapping to frequency values is also related to the gui framework in use and nebulas way to present stepped values. it is a continous slider from the nebula side, that switches the new value at a certain point. to match this with the skin and its way of interpreting knob-movement seems to be a tricky thing. the hp/lp filters have less steps and "hold" them better so to speak.
i hope i understood you correctly ...

we may also see a better behaviour in the future with juce.
Mathias already give me the explanation, but thanks for your effort ;)

dagovitsj
Expert
Expert

Post by dagovitsj » Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:28 pm

giancarlo wrote:future.. 2015 for sure. To be honest if you really cannot live without it you could rent the acustica team for assembling it, it would cost around 500-1000 eur, supposed you have the whole gui ready.
Or just wait... ;)
- He, he! I'll shut my mouth :lol:

Yes, I can wait, now onto making some music and use the tools!

Yllet
User Level VII
User Level VII

Post by Yllet » Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:16 am

Looking forward to try this one out. No .ser file is created for me however, on win 7-64 bit, using 32-bit plugin and host. I installed in legacy and admin mode...

/J

giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Post by giancarlo » Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:31 am

Yllet wrote:Looking forward to try this one out. No .ser file is created for me however, on win 7-64 bit, using 32-bit plugin and host. I installed in legacy and admin mode...

/J
open a ticket