Magenta Eq (general discussion)

Share your experience, tips & tricks, show off your music.
Grim

Re: Magenta Eq

Post by Grim » Thu Oct 23, 2014 5:27 pm

Looks like they made the buy now button active a bit too soon!
Hope you're not kept waiting too long for the goods.

EDIT.....beaten to it by Giancarlo...looks like you might be playing with it sooner rather than later.

Andrums
Vip Member
Vip Member

Post by Andrums » Thu Oct 23, 2014 6:00 pm

Jantex wrote:I bought it but it wasn't added to my dashboard? How can I solve this? I would so desperately like to use it :)
I have same problem
Send ticket

Antonello
God Administrator
God Administrator

Post by Antonello » Thu Oct 23, 2014 8:01 pm

Andrums wrote:
Jantex wrote:I bought it but it wasn't added to my dashboard? How can I solve this? I would so desperately like to use it :)
I have same problem
Send ticket
Andrums, Grim
please check your email/dashboard.

Other customers
You need to wait the official product launch.
It will be done very soon...

mightymosaic

Post by mightymosaic » Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:01 pm

HEy fellas, Been playing around with this eq for awhile now and have discovered an issue with it. It seems the deep lows create some weird bass feedback allmost like a pulsating echo of anything under 80hz. Ill try to post an example of this later on. other than that issue its a great EQ so far. I make bass heavy tunes so this is kinda a setback, any ideas?

SETHH
User Level IV
User Level IV

Post by SETHH » Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:53 pm

Hmm...I can't confirm what you said 100%, but something like that happened to me too. I was excited by the sound of Magneta and assumed it was in my original tracks already or something like that, so I didn't care. I had two kick tracks on which that pulsating echo happened. I just used a gate to get rid of it. This was a modern electronic kick sound, EDM-type stuff. I didn't notice it anywhere else, but I'll double check the rest of the stuff - I processed a full mix with Magenta.
mightymosaic wrote:HEy fellas, Been playing around with this eq for awhile now and have discovered an issue with it. It seems the deep lows create some weird bass feedback allmost like a pulsating echo of anything under 80hz. Ill try to post an example of this later on. other than that issue its a great EQ so far. I make bass heavy tunes so this is kinda a setback, any ideas?
MacBook Pro i7 2.6 GHz / 16 GB / OS X 10.8.5
RME Fireface UCX
Cubase 8
Nebula 3 Server 64-bit

giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Post by giancarlo » Thu Oct 23, 2014 11:14 pm

maybe self oscillation on low frequencies? it was reported on original unit, and we are using big kernel sizes, so it is possible it was sampled correctly. It would be funny ;)

Really it is possible to reproduce it correctly using a sampling approach. Enojoy it.

richie43
Expert
Expert

Post by richie43 » Fri Oct 24, 2014 2:32 am

giancarlo wrote:maybe self oscillation on low frequencies? it was reported on original unit, and we are using big kernel sizes, so it is possible it was sampled correctly. It would be funny ;)

Really it is possible to reproduce it correctly using a sampling approach. Enojoy it.
That's hilarious.
The Sounds of the Hear and Now
http://soundyaudio.com/

Grim

Post by Grim » Fri Oct 24, 2014 11:16 am

Antonello wrote:
Andrums, Grim
please check your email/dashboard.
I think you mean Andrums, Jantex......I'm still one of the "other customers" (But I still checked my dashboard just in case ) :twisted:

mtalavera

Post by mtalavera » Sat Oct 25, 2014 6:46 pm

Can someone explain what the new version is I am seeing in my dashboard dated October 21st? It says 1.3.808.0, so is that an update from the 1.3.801.0 version I initially installed?

I get what the Lite version is, that one is self explanatory.

Support
Expert
Expert

Post by Support » Sun Oct 26, 2014 9:49 am

mtalavera wrote:Can someone explain what the new version is I am seeing in my dashboard dated October 21st? It says 1.3.808.0, so is that an update from the 1.3.801.0 version I initially installed?
Hello mtalavera. Last week we have a little delay in everything. We found several ways to improve your user experience loading Acqua/Nebula from 4 to 16 time more quickly, that improve also create several bugs that we fix it. Also we find several others bugs but we where at the NAT course so after work from 8 to 19 we do extra hours to fix it everything (from 21 to 24). Next week we will release user manual that also has delay and each extra pack will be explained. FYI you should install 1.3.808 it's is better than 13.801.
Best regards,
Acustica Audio help-desk service and support.
https://www.acustica-audio.com/
Acustica Audio is a trademark of Acusticaudio SRL.

To contact Acustica Audio support go to the ‘Support’ in your Acustica Audio account.
We do not provide support via social networks, public forums, Acustica Audio forums, or email accounts.

giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Post by giancarlo » Mon Oct 27, 2014 7:24 pm

Released

SETHH
User Level IV
User Level IV

Post by SETHH » Mon Oct 27, 2014 7:52 pm

Great!

I remember reading that the presale customers get the Mastering Pack for free? If so how? I don't see it on my dashboard. I bought Magenta when it was on presale.

Last edited by SETHH on Mon Oct 27, 2014 8:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
MacBook Pro i7 2.6 GHz / 16 GB / OS X 10.8.5
RME Fireface UCX
Cubase 8
Nebula 3 Server 64-bit

giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Post by giancarlo » Mon Oct 27, 2014 8:22 pm

SETHH wrote:Great!

I remember reading that the presale customers get the Mastering Pack for free? If so how? I don't see it on my dashboard. I bought Magenta when it was on presale.

strange... open a ticket, it will be addressed. Yes it is free

Yllet
User Level VII
User Level VII

Post by Yllet » Mon Oct 27, 2014 9:55 pm

so, it's out?

/J

dacaveprods

Post by dacaveprods » Mon Oct 27, 2014 10:12 pm

giancarlo wrote:
SETHH wrote:Great!

strange... open a ticket, it will be addressed. Yes it is free
Same Here...