Acustica Audio releases VIRIDIAN: "Your key to sonic Paradise"

waffleneck
User Level XI
User Level XI

Re: Acustica Audio releases VIRIDIAN: "Your key to sonic Paradise"

Post by waffleneck » Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:48 am

Viridian 2bus
Amber, Aquamarine, Azure, Black, Blue, Coral, D361, Diamond, Ebony, Emerald, EQP1, Gold, Green, Honey, Ivory, Lime, Magenta, Navy, Nebula, N4, Ochre, Orange, Pearl, Pink, Pink Compressors, Prime, Purple, Red, Rose, Sand, Scarlet, Silk, Tan, Titanium, Trinity, Ultramarine, White. Hardware: TLA M8 Tubetracker, Vulture Super15, Fatso, Tube Vitalizer. Apogee Symphony. N*****n KH310 monitors + KH805 sub.

Nerves
User Level 0
User Level 0

Post by Nerves » Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:38 am

The constant updates make purchasing AA plugins a good investment and help with the decision immensely!
They're aiming to emulate hardware, so it's logical to extend that experience to their update policy. If you buy it's supposed to work for years. Not so in software, where compatibility issues tend to kill your investment after a short period of time. For me, as a hardware guy, the "free updates" policy was one of the main reasons for investing into Acqua plugins.
At least if the company will exist as long as its technology is relevant, because if they will stop business for any reason my Acustica "hardware" will be non-servicable.
In such a case a pay-by-month model shows its strengths, pay as long as you are able to use it...
It would be great if there was an official plan to open-source their software in that (hopefully unlikely) case. I wouldn't care if the public would get free access to products I've invested a few thousand bucks, as long as that situation would provide me continuous use of them.

From mortal to mortal
Nerves

kenbobplus3db
User Level X
User Level X

Post by kenbobplus3db » Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:26 pm

Viridian2 is fantastic with one exception: Can we initiate the A72 EQs at 0dB boost/cut? Starting at -16 is a bit weird, and I'm never sure where the 0dB position is.

Just for clarification- the channel strip has an output compensated input trim, the standalone EQ and Pre have a non-compensated input level control-- am I correct?

waffleneck
User Level XI
User Level XI

Post by waffleneck » Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:43 pm

kenbobplus3db wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:26 pm
Viridian2 is fantastic with one exception: Can we initiate the A72 EQs at 0dB boost/cut? Starting at -16 is a bit weird, and I'm never sure where the 0dB position is.
or can you make it so option-click or command-click brings us to the centre position
Amber, Aquamarine, Azure, Black, Blue, Coral, D361, Diamond, Ebony, Emerald, EQP1, Gold, Green, Honey, Ivory, Lime, Magenta, Navy, Nebula, N4, Ochre, Orange, Pearl, Pink, Pink Compressors, Prime, Purple, Red, Rose, Sand, Scarlet, Silk, Tan, Titanium, Trinity, Ultramarine, White. Hardware: TLA M8 Tubetracker, Vulture Super15, Fatso, Tube Vitalizer. Apogee Symphony. N*****n KH310 monitors + KH805 sub.