Acustica releases Cream - a dreamware approach to console modelling!

Beatworld

Re: Acustica releases Cream - a dreamware approach to console modelling!

Post by Beatworld » Tue May 22, 2018 3:19 am

I just read a Facebook post advising that Cream has been updated to Version K0000.

Fabian Boie reports that the freezing pre-amp buttons problem has returned, at least in VST2 on macOS 10.13.4 (and unspecified Windows OS).

has anyone who uses AU in Logic installed K0000 yet and, if so, is the problem back ?

cheers

giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Post by giancarlo » Tue May 22, 2018 7:43 am

We don't have this issue, so if you experience it raise a ticket and downgrade.
Keep in mind support doesn't read Facebook pages or even this forum, and they need to replicate issues so a ticket is mandatory

Beatworld

Post by Beatworld » Tue May 22, 2018 8:08 am

giancarlo wrote:
Tue May 22, 2018 7:43 am
Keep in mind support doesn't read Facebook pages or even this forum, and they need to replicate issues so a ticket is mandatory
Ok, the post was in the thread you started G, so I guess you saw it :D .
(I know, you're not support ;) )

I don't have an issue with the version of Cream I'm currently using.
So I have no desire/need to update to see if the new version is OK.

Thought I would just ask if any other user here has done it.
Seems like the kind of thing forums are useful for.

Phelix

Post by Phelix » Tue May 22, 2018 12:16 pm

Beatworld wrote:
Tue May 22, 2018 8:08 am
giancarlo wrote:
Tue May 22, 2018 7:43 am
Ok, the post was in the thread you started G, so I guess you saw it :D .
(I know, you're not support ;) )

I don't have an issue with the version of Cream I'm currently using.
So I have no desire/need to update to see if the new version is OK.

Thought I would just ask if any other user here has done it.
Seems like the kind of thing forums are useful for.
With release K, the buttons of the stand alone CreamPre are behaving oddly here using VST for mac. The pre section on channel strip is fine, and GR meter still works as expected.

Rel. K is just an engine upgrade (no new N2S), I wonder why it affects the GUI this way. Reverting back to previous engine instantly removes the issue.

– it’s always a comfort to share such observations with other users. This may confirm a persistent issue, or quickly point to an overlooked human fault, saving both time and resources for submitting and handling by support.

It’s just professional conversation. Still very much in love with the product :D
Ableton⎜Studio One⎜Reaper⎜VST2⎜macOS10.13⎜[email protected]/32GB⎜RME ADI-2 Pro⎜ATC

Beatworld

Post by Beatworld » Wed May 23, 2018 12:58 am

Thanks very much Phelix.
As I don’t use VST, only AU, I will wait and see if any AU reports appear.

Cheers

giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Post by giancarlo » Wed May 23, 2018 8:32 am

yes I see the posts here but I'm not support, and I'm not connected with support at all, and very seldom I speak with them because an issue.
We know that on mac osx the fast switching of controls could lead to hangs in several cases (fast switching between a program and a different one), but it affects all our plugins because it is at the engine level.
The same issue is also reported on windows, but it is extremely rare.
Cream is just more error prone because the switching is "fast" in any case since we used wheels, so basically it is acting like a stress test.

It is an old bug we tried many times to replicate properly and hunt, we'll go back on it after AES convention, and I'm very interested in solving it, possibly it is the only reason for bugs on our current engine (apparently there are not other issues!)

It's interesting if a release is more stable than a different one, please report it in a ticket, it is a very precious information for them. Basically if engine xxx is better then yyy we could try to understand if something is connected with your specific trouble. Yesterday they tried to replicate the bug in a lot of different ways, and we can replicate it but stressing wheels really a lot, but it is interesting if someone is able to replicate it quickly, this situation could help us really a lot.

Phelix

Post by Phelix » Wed May 23, 2018 11:02 am

That's valuable info Gian, thank you. I'll do my very best to help you help us;)
Before raising the ticket, I will try identify what triggers the issue on my specific system.

Besides this (minor) issue, I would say the newer UAE/NAE has proved to be rock-solid, no more shaking hands on new inserts!
Ableton⎜Studio One⎜Reaper⎜VST2⎜macOS10.13⎜[email protected]/32GB⎜RME ADI-2 Pro⎜ATC

pleplo

Post by pleplo » Fri Jun 01, 2018 7:03 pm

Hello good people. If you are curious I just finished this mix using only Acustica Cream. :) lots of EQ on the vocal, still sound nice. Used Cupwise BX Reverb.

Hope you like :)
Have a nice day

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B1IGYEYZM7M
Plajia new album Piggie Park out NOW. (Pronounced plah-gee-ah) We make music, fock a genre. On Spotify and Bandcamp www.plajia.com