Acustica releases Cream - a dreamware approach to console modelling!

waffleneck
User Level XI
User Level XI

Re: Acustica releases Cream - a dreamware approach to console modelling!

Post by waffleneck » Thu May 03, 2018 9:34 pm

Curses!!!

I am soooo beyond broke!
This is an instant buy anyways!
I just tried out the trial...

Curses!!!
Amber, Aquamarine, Azure, Black, Blue, Coral, D361, Diamond, Ebony, Emerald, EQP1, Gold, Green, Honey, Ivory, Lime, Magenta, Navy, Nebula, N4, Ochre, Orange, Pearl, Pink, Pink Compressors, Prime, Purple, Red, Rose, Sand, Scarlet, Silk, Tan, Titanium, Trinity, Ultramarine, White. Hardware: TLA M8 Tubetracker, Vulture Super15, Fatso, Tube Vitalizer. Apogee Symphony. N*****n KH310 monitors + KH805 sub.

robschroeder
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by robschroeder » Thu May 03, 2018 10:09 pm

Found another few glitches (at least I think they are):

SHMOD on Channel Strip is loaded with setting on "0" instead of "2" (Manual says default is "2" and standalone loads also with "2")
VU Meter level turns down as soon as a mic preamp is loaded in Channel Strip. Also VU Meter on Output behaves strange
On EQ standalone STRG+Click does not reset the knobs to default value (in Channelstrip it does).

All reported to support.

/Rob

JRMusic
User Level VI
User Level VI

Post by JRMusic » Fri May 04, 2018 12:21 am

Seems a bit expensive to me!
'Cos it is very rusty ;)

Definity
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by Definity » Fri May 04, 2018 2:12 am

I was thinking about buying Gold and now probably this.
But I was wondering will you update Gold and previous plugins to use the newer core standard?

fastersound
User Level IX
User Level IX

Post by fastersound » Fri May 04, 2018 3:38 am

robschroeder wrote:
Thu May 03, 2018 10:09 pm
Found another few glitches (at least I think they are):

SHMOD on Channel Strip is loaded with setting on "0" instead of "2" (Manual says default is "2" and standalone loads also with "2")
VU Meter level turns down as soon as a mic preamp is loaded in Channel Strip. Also VU Meter on Output behaves strange
On EQ standalone STRG+Click does not reset the knobs to default value (in Channelstrip it does).

All reported to support.

/Rob
I second the previous comment saying you should be a beta tester! I mean, do they even have them?! What are they doing?! Not a single release (or update!) seems to come out that isn't littered with bugs. New plugins just seem rushed, so it's no wonder their support is overwhelmed. It's self-inflicted. I guess we are all AA beta testers, eh?

robschroeder
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by robschroeder » Fri May 04, 2018 7:40 am

Please don't forget that pre-sales are Public-Beta versions. So it is "normal" to find glitches there ;)

When I post things I find in products here I primarily do it to inform other users who may wonder what's going on with their product. It is not to accuse AA for anything. :).

Anyway I think CREAM is a great product and worth its money. Great vibe, touch and sound. Will have to mix a 19-track CD in the next few weeks and will do this with CREAM as I think that the vibe is exactly for this type of music. Bought it yesterday, played whole day with it and don't regret it.

/Rob

kenbobplus3db
User Level X
User Level X

Post by kenbobplus3db » Fri May 04, 2018 5:06 pm

The user manual suggests that the pre-amplifier section has 24 Line input to bus output paths, and 12 mic input to bus output paths in its model. Is this really 36 unique signal path models? And do we have to go on an Easter egg hunt--notebook in hand-- to find and remember our favorite processing setups? Or, is this a path redundancy that is being programmed into the plugin architecture to enable a future Acoustica product that is in development?

robschroeder
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by robschroeder » Fri May 04, 2018 5:44 pm

kenbobplus3db wrote:
Fri May 04, 2018 5:06 pm
Is this really 36 unique signal path models?
Seems so yes. I did a zero test for all channels. Some sound more different than others. It's subtle but there are differences. So it seems, that each single channel has been sampeled. A look into the vector folder also shows that there are for each channels vectors.
kenbobplus3db wrote:
Fri May 04, 2018 5:06 pm
And do we have to go on an Easter egg hunt--notebook in hand-- to find and remember our favorite processing setups?
Well at least in Studio One and Ableton Live you can save Channel Strip Presets with your favorite settings. Another solution could be to create a template with several channels and configurations pre selected.

Another interesting thing could be to combine mic preamp channels with line preamp channels as the manual states on page 21 that mic preamps are from console to tape, and line from tape to console out. Tons of possibilities there ....

/Rob

giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Post by giancarlo » Fri May 04, 2018 6:15 pm

yes they are unique. We didn't advertise it very much (similar to what an other developer did), but we have unique channels. The point, our ones are sampled and not based on a random variation on components. We are modeling a real object, channel after channel.

There is a number of updates in aquarius, we updated also Cream.
Cream is pretty light on cpu, as reported by someone, possibly it will be even lighter. I can't promise a timeframe (so take my words with a grain of salt), we are working for you

BG23
User Level V
User Level V

Post by BG23 » Sat May 05, 2018 12:17 am

corbobilly wrote:
Thu May 03, 2018 1:01 am
You're lucky: the demo version don't work fine, at home in AU or VST version .
He asks me to authorize the product !

Should I also send the product computer identification, in demo version ?
Same shit here :roll:
Today even other aquas like Diamond and Amethyst show "please authorize this product" W T F :shock:
I'm tired, I don't have time to solve these, I already work in the IT as sysadmin solving problems, back home I just want things going fine.

And yes: I know how to install stuff, I know how computers work and blablabla. I have even updated Aquarius to "full" version (with the portable all was fine for months).

robschroeder
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by robschroeder » Sat May 05, 2018 12:53 am

giancarlo wrote:
Fri May 04, 2018 6:15 pm
Thanks G! With revision H nearly all issues which I reported are ironed out. Also the one with the VU Meter calibration (I did not post here in forum)

So only thing which remains for the moment is the phase flip of the Compressor PreAmp.

/Rob

giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Post by giancarlo » Sat May 05, 2018 5:42 am

BG23 wrote:
Sat May 05, 2018 12:17 am
corbobilly wrote:

Today even other aquas like Diamond and Amethyst show "please authorize this product" W T F :shock:
I'm tired, I don't have time to solve these, I already work in the IT as sysadmin solving problems, back home I just want things going fine.

And yes: I know how to install stuff, I know how computers work and blablabla. I have even updated Aquarius to "full" version (with the portable all was fine for months).
Ticket.
Possibile reasons:

- internal crash when the sequencer is saving
- In Windows your main hdd is removable
- you are running out of memory in 32 bits systems

giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Post by giancarlo » Sat May 05, 2018 5:45 am

robschroeder wrote:
Sat May 05, 2018 12:53 am
giancarlo wrote:
Fri May 04, 2018 6:15 pm
Thanks G! With revision H nearly all issues which I reported are ironed out. Also the one with the VU Meter calibration (I did not post here in forum)

So only thing which remains for the moment is the phase flip of the Compressor PreAmp.

/Rob
Maybe they forgot one of them? Ticket asap, they are not reading this forum
Basically support is collecting issues and this week the development team is releasing fixes almost immediately

robschroeder
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by robschroeder » Sat May 05, 2018 7:21 am

giancarlo wrote:
Sat May 05, 2018 5:45 am
Maybe they forgot one of them? Ticket asap, they are not reading this forum
Basically support is collecting issues and this week the development team is releasing fixes almost immediately
I reported it with Ticket ID#1576 two days ago and support answered that it is a known behavior and will be fixed with the next update. So this should have been the H revision. Then I will reopen the ticket again as it was closed.

/Rob

Shibata

Post by Shibata » Sat May 05, 2018 8:49 am

BG23 wrote:
Sat May 05, 2018 12:17 am
corbobilly wrote:

Same thing today. Cream and Diamond require authorization and re-authorize don't help.