mmarra
User Level VII
User Level VII

Re: Azure is finally available!

Post by mmarra » Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:36 pm

giancarlo wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:32 am
If it was reported in a ticket they will verify it
Possibly a sample is damaged and it was not detected during betatesting. There were similar issues for other samples and we fixed them
So when can we expect a fix/update?

giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Post by giancarlo » Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:02 pm

Sure

kingslanemusic
User Level II
User Level II

Post by kingslanemusic » Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:26 am

giancarlo wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:57 pm
not showing in aquarius -> raise a ticket, we'll analyze the account quickly.
not showing as AU: aquarius is patching the component while it installs it. Raise a ticket OR use the manual download
I opened a ticket.
Obviously Aquarius works ok for others, but in my ( and some other ) cases there seems to be something wrong with "patching the component while installation".
Subsequent manual download does help, but since you praise Aquarius as a "great simplification and help in user experience" it's worth investigating why that happens -
because in my case it just isn't !

For the record, I cannot try Cobalt at the moment, because the "old" installer is not available anymore and Aquarius installation is incomplete...
( see attached screenshot of component folder - that's what Aquarius installs )
Attachments
No Component.jpeg
No Component.jpeg (14.43 KiB) Viewed 781 times

masteringlt
User Level III
User Level III

Post by masteringlt » Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:14 pm

Just my observation demoing Azure.

I hear once in m/s mode the plugin tends to remove some definition in low end, on kick. I tested it with phase cancellation and its audible difference in m/s mode. If I disable M/S mode and phase cancel same song with same default plugin settings then I still hear something. So its not 100% cancelling even like that. Acts like a real hardware?

While testing the same thing with Ivory3 stereo EQ it sounds cleaner and does not hurt the lows in m/s mode.

Dialling in similar eq adjustments on Azure and Ivory gives a different sound. Ivory is more clean and Azure is warmer, wider and deeper.

Definitely going to buy it:) Only worry is its M/S mode. Coz I like to increase input level on the sides to add more width. But loosing the punch in lows is not needed.

Cheers
Denis

giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Post by giancarlo » Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:06 pm

giancarlo wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:02 pm
Sure
The fix is available in aquarius

ce1909

Post by ce1909 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:22 pm

giancarlo wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:06 pm
giancarlo wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:02 pm
Sure
The fix is available in aquarius
Aquarius doesn't find Azure. How to fix?

masteringlt
User Level III
User Level III

Post by masteringlt » Sat Feb 24, 2018 3:36 pm

Just bought Azure. So again trying to phase cancel plugin and I get the kick in the right speaker while pressing M/S mode on one if instances, while the other is in stereo mode.
If both are in stereo mode then all cancels fine.
So is something changing in m/s mode on the right channel only? Left channel seems to be cancelling much better.

Raised a ticket.

mathias
Expert
Expert

Post by mathias » Sun Feb 25, 2018 1:33 am

masteringlt wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2018 3:36 pm
Just bought Azure. So again trying to phase cancel plugin and I get the kick in the right speaker while pressing M/S mode on one if instances, while the other is in stereo mode.
So is something changing in m/s mode on the right channel only? Left channel seems to be cancelling much better.

Raised a ticket.
in m/s mode you get the mono signal on the left channel (yes this may cancel well depending on your stereofile and its inphase/outofphase contents).
on the right channel you get all out-of-phase signalcontents (side signal, as it appears ont the "sides" of the stereo-spectrum when played through stereo-speakers), which will leave all mono content hearable in your example.
so what you get is expectable and how it should be technically.
system 1: windows 8 32 bit - samplitude prox/x3, tracktion6/7, reaper
system 2: mac osx yosemite - reaper(32+64bit), tracktion6/7(32+64bit)

both systems on: macbook pro (late 2009), core 2 duo 3,06 ghz, 4 gb ram, graphic: nvidia geforce 9600M GT 512 MB

masteringlt
User Level III
User Level III

Post by masteringlt » Sun Feb 25, 2018 1:50 am

mathias wrote:
Sun Feb 25, 2018 1:33 am
masteringlt wrote:

Raised a ticket.
in m/s mode you get the mono signal on the left channel (yes this may cancel well depending on your stereofile and its inphase/outofphase contents).
on the right channel you get all out-of-phase signalcontents (side signal, as it appears ont the "sides" of the stereo-spectrum when played through stereo-speakers), which will leave all mono content hearable in your example.
Strange. I always thought in M/S mode I just get to control the sides and mono, but the plugin still gives out the stereo signal. And it does not sound like I have stereo on the right and mono on the left. It soundslike stereo, just not completely clean as in normal stereo mode. Doing same thing with Ivory I do get cancellation correctly. So must be something else here.

mathias
Expert
Expert

Post by mathias » Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:59 am

oh sorry, yes you are correct!
it should encode and decode internally and play out normal stereo L/R again.

i'll have look what is going on ...

both systems on: macbook pro (late 2009), core 2 duo 3,06 ghz, 4 gb ram, graphic: nvidia geforce 9600M GT 512 MB

mathias
Expert
Expert

Post by mathias » Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:07 am

masteringlt wrote:
Sun Feb 25, 2018 1:50 am
mathias wrote:
masteringlt wrote:

Raised a ticket.
Strange. I always thought in M/S mode I just get to control the sides and mono, but the plugin still gives out the stereo signal. And it does not sound like I have stereo on the right and mono on the left. It soundslike stereo, just not completely clean as in normal stereo mode. Doing same thing with Ivory I do get cancellation correctly. So must be something else here.
just thought this through again ... and tested in reality.
i was correct with my first statement.
when you switch one instance of your phasecancel-test to m/s you are manipulating different information of your audiostream, so m/s versus l/r will sure not cancel out with filters engaged and set.
in one stream you manipulate left versus right content, in the other mono content versus side-content. this is not the same, so will sure not cancel if only one instance is switched to m/s.

or did you just switch to m/s without any filters set? (this cancels out correctly here, just tested)

masteringlt
User Level III
User Level III

Post by masteringlt » Sun Feb 25, 2018 12:25 pm

mathias wrote:
Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:07 am

when you switch one instance of your phasecancel-test to m/s you are manipulating different information of your audiostream, so m/s versus l/r will sure not cancel out with filters engaged and set.
in one stream you manipulate left versus right content, in the other mono content versus side-content. this is not the same, so will sure not cancel if only one instance is switched to m/s.

or did you just switch to m/s without any filters set? (this cancels out correctly here, just tested)
Yeah i had no filters set. I will export the result and post it here tomorrow.

Cheers
D

flipnaut
User Level I
User Level I

Post by flipnaut » Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:27 pm

Azure is incredible.

Nice German Video here:
https://www.audiosteps.de/acustica-audi ... im-review/

masteringlt
User Level III
User Level III

Post by masteringlt » Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:08 am

mathias wrote:
Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:07 am
masteringlt wrote:
Sun Feb 25, 2018 1:50 am
mathias wrote:

Hi, so here are 2 phase cancelation examples attached, one with M/S mode and one normal. I have boosted the master output by 31 db so u can see it better. In MS mode u can see the lows go to the right side and there is more stuff in the tops. Even in normal mode there is a sound going on, so it does not cancel itself. I wonder why is this happening?
While in normal mode I would say let it be like this, hardware emulation which is alive and every instance is a bit different sounding.
But in M/S mode I don't want my lows to loose centre and go to the right at all:)

Cheers
Denis
Attachments
Azure MS phase.png
Azure MS phase cancel
Azure normal phase.png
Azure phase cancel