Price (MSRP): €169.00
Plug-in Format(s): VST2, AU, AAX
System Requirements (Windows): Windows 7 - Windows 10
System Requirements (OSX): OSX 10.8 - OSX 10.13
Azure Commercial web-page: http://www.acustica-audio.com/store/products/azure
Azure Trial web-page: http://www.acustica-audio.com/store/pro ... zure-trial

Azure_teaser_005.png

DETAILS

Acustica is excited to present AZURE, a zero-compromise mastering solution! Due to its classy tone and unusual flexibility Azure will become an indispensable tool when you mix and master.
Thanks to Mirko Reimer alias Analog in the Box (www.analoginthebox.com) the Acustica team called on Zino Mikorey (www.zinomikorey.com), one of most celebrated Mastering Engineers in Europe to mark the birth of an exciting project for all of us.
This beauty of a plug-in delivers the sound of a custom made vacuum tube passive mastering equalizer and the most accurate digital representation of Zino Mikorey's holographic three dimensional sound. Each component of the signal chain was carefully selected to give you the fidelity of Zino's state of the art mastering studio.
Azure is a faithful emulation of a passive hand-made equalizer characterized by tube make-up stages and the finest transformers - ideal for mastering. The transparency and three dimensional quality of the original hardware is unmatched in the industry. The life it can breathe into mixes, vocals and instruments is something you need to hear for yourself to explore it's possibilities.
Compared to similar designs it sounds more "like a record" and it's transparency makes it possible to be used on all kinds of genres, from classical to deep techno.
Explore the possibilities shifting sounds around in the 3D image, creating depth and width that never sounds processed or on top of the music.
Let's explore some of the primary features of Azure...
The plugin captures even the smallest of the sonic details and behavior of the original unit.
While having the tone and the sound purity of passive designs, Azure has precise sound-shaping capabilities with a Q control available for all bands.
Both stereo and mid-side operational modes are available.
Azure also truthfully reproduces the dynamic "transformer sound" of the original design as well as the characteristics of Zino's signal path.
One thing that makes Azure different from the hardware is the summing topology of the bands. Azure reacts more like a conventional equalizer where all bands are in series, always giving you the exact level of boost or cut dialed. This makes for easier evaluation of the applied processing when compared to the passive parallel hardware design.
Prepare to change your perception of your favorite EQ :-)

OPERATION

EQ Section:
• Low Frequency (Hz): 27, 33, 39, 47, 56, 68, 82, 100, 120, 150, 180, 220, 270, 330, 390, 470.
• Low Mid Frequency (kHz): 0.1, 0.12, 0.15, 0.18, 0.22, 0.27, 0.33, 0.39, 0.47, 0.56, 0.68, 0.82, 1, 1.2, 1.5, 1.8.
• High Mid Frequency (kHz): 0.56, 0.68, 0.82, 1, 1.2, 1.5, 1.8, 2.2, 2.7, 3.3, 3.9, 4.7, 5.6, 6.8, 8.2, 10.
• High Frequency (kHz): 1.5, 1.8, 2.2, 2.7, 3.3, 3.9, 4.7, 5.6, 6.8, 8.2, 10, 12, 15, 16, 22, 27.
• All bands have +/-7dB of gain.
• All bands allow for selection between a shelf shape or 4 bell shapes with Q values of 0.5, 0.7, 1.0 or 1.5.
Filters Section:
• Low Pass Filter Frequency (kHz): 24, 20, 17, off.
• High Pass Filter Frequency (Hz): 25, 33, 50, off.
Preamp Section:
• Preamp: on and off. With it on Azure emulates dynamically the frequency response, phase shift and harmonic distortion of the original equalizer and the rest of Zino's signal path.

Other controls:
• Input Gain L: It sets the input level from -6dB to +6dB and is used to control the left or mid signal level of the inside the EQ.
• Input Gain R: It sets the input level from -6dB to +6dB and is used to control the left or side signal level inside the EQ.
• Output Gain L: Gain control sets the output level of the Left or Mid channel of the plug-in. It ranges between -14dB/+14dB.
• Output Gain R: Gain control sets the output level of the Right or Side channel of the plug-in. It ranges between -14dB/+14dB.
• C-L (CONTROL-LINK): This button links the controls of the left and right channels.
• M/S (MID-SIDE): this button allows to enable the MID-SIDE configuration of the plug-in. When bypassed the plugin is in the standard LEFT-RIGHT operational mode.

Licensing:
• Challenge-response authorization system allows activation for two computers per license.
• The trial version is fully functional for a duration of four weeks. Trial license allows the activation of two computers per license.

Formats supported:
• Supported operation systems: OS X and Windows.
• Supported plug-in formats: VST2, AAX, and AU.
• Supported architectures: 32 and 64-bits.

Price and availability:
• Azure commercial version: €169.00. Available as a digital download immediately after payment. Special pre-sale price at €143.65 (15%OFF) for the first four weeks after release.
• Azure Trial version: free 4 week test license. Available as a digital download immediately after €0.00 payment.

Azure_teaser_001.png

About Acustica Audio:
Acustica Audio creates faithful software emulations of rare vintage or modern hardware gear, and new hybrids impossible in the analogue domain. Acustica's development approach is unique for the market and it is based on dynamic sampling and a proprietary non-linear Vectorial Volterra Kernels engine. The company also builds dedicated analogue circuits in order to sample and include these in their software. This model delivers very similar to analog gear sound with hardware like transient response and sonic quality that overcomes the limitations of other software emulations.

About Nebula and Acqua Effect plug-ins:
Nebula is Acustica Audio's sampler plug-in able to load external sample libraries of various sound processors. An Acqua is a stand-alone plug-in based on skinned collection of Nebula libraries with added routing and control functionalities. Aquas are developed by combining one or more Nebula's instances. This process called 'parametrization' is achieved by using script languages proprietary to Acustica Audio and does not require external tools or compilers.

HOW TO INSTALL AND AUTHORIZE AZURE?

First time customer? Please register at the Acustica Audio website here.
And if you are a returning customer from our old website and you have yet not performed password reset on the new website, please do so. Until you do this, you will not be able to use Aquarius properly! To reset your password, please go to the login page, click on the rest password link and follow the instructions. Once this is done your old username will be replaced by your e-mail address. From now on, please always use your e-mail address as a username, both for our website and in Aquarius.

1a) If you are registered already and you would want to Trial Azure, please proceed to Azure's trial page and click on the "Download" button to add a Trial license to your account.
1b) If you would want to purchase Azure, please visit the the commercial page and click on the "Buy" button.

Once you have completed your trial or commercial purchase (for trails this is free of charge), please use Aquarius to install and authorize the product. Aquarius is a brand new assistant application from Acustica Audio and it is the best way to download, install, update, and authorize your products.

2) Download Aquarius here:
• Aquarius OSX download link: https://app.box.com/shared/static/ulbnd ... ipcw8d.zip
• Aquarius Windows download link: https://app.box.com/shared/static/7ptm0 ... 53drt6.zip

3) Install Aquarius
4) Run Aquarius, a pop-up window will appear on the first start;
Enter in this window your Acustica Website Credentials (note that you should use your e-mail address as your username)
5)Enter the Activation code: “LASTTRIALS” to automatically activate ALL Acustica trials available in Aquarius.
6) Go to purchase page, and select the product, choose your plugin format and click on download button.
7) Aquarius will automatically authorize the product at the end of the download process.
(There is a short delay to show up the AZURE TRIAL into your AQUARIUS account if you added Azure-trial using our website page and not using the LASTTRIALS coupon code)

For further information about Aquarius please read our Aquarius user’s manual:
https://app.box.com/shared/static/cptf1 ... ukk0rl.pdf

For instructions on how to perform an offline installation and authorization, please check Azure's web page.

IF ANYTHING GOES WRONG?

If you are a registered client of Acustica Audio and you need to contact our support service, please open a support ticket from your account.
To do this go to:
https://www.acustica-audio.com > log-in > support > New support ticket
To check ticket status go to:
https://www.acustica-audio.com > log-in > support > Check ticket status
Azure_teaser_001.png
Attachments
Azure_teaser_001.png

masteringlt
User Level III
User Level III

Re: Azure is finally available!

Post by masteringlt » Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:59 pm

wow, first impression using it on master bus is really good. 3d in your face!

I will explore it further, but seems like money will be well spent:)

Big Ups Acustica!
Denis
Mastering.LT

Frogy
User Level IV
User Level IV

Post by Frogy » Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:03 pm

Azure (Trial) not yet showing up in Aquarius.

Yes, I've done the trial order and it's been accepted and I have an order number in my account.

Yes, I've logged out and logged back in to Aquarius using my email address and password.

And Yes, I've used the coupon code LASTTRIALS. Still not there.

Is there a genuine delay for the trial?

EDIT: OK successfully downloaded and authorised the old way outside of Aquarius.

stmcfl
User Level II
User Level II

Post by stmcfl » Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:45 pm

cant wait to try it out. this is the one I have been waiting for. you guys really put the knif in my heart with this one. (in a totally good way) :D

giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Post by giancarlo » Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:22 am

Frogy wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:03 pm

Yes, I've done the trial order and it's been accepted and I have an order number in my account.

Yes, I've logged out and logged back in to Aquarius using my email address and password.

EDIT: OK successfully downloaded and authorised the old way outside of Aquarius.
Did you solve it?

holographic
User Level II
User Level II

Post by holographic » Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:35 am

The LASTTRIALS code did not work here neither, did a manual install and registered, which is really fast now
Fantastic EQ by the way, thanks for that great workhorse 8-)

Frogy
User Level IV
User Level IV

Post by Frogy » Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:38 am

giancarlo wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:22 am
Frogy wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:03 pm

Did you solve it?
Only by manually downloading the old way, then uploading 'ser' and downloading 'aut'. Works fine. Still not appearing on Aquarius though. Others are saying the same on Gearslutz.

o.navaille914
User Level II
User Level II

Post by o.navaille914 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:57 am

AU not showing up in Logic or Ableton. Trying VST now.

Charlie59
User Level II
User Level II

Post by Charlie59 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 3:07 am

Trial not showing up in my Aquarius either. Order was successful, logged out of Aquarius and back in, still no luck. No doubt it will be resolved...

kingslanemusic
User Level II
User Level II

Post by kingslanemusic » Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:22 am

o.navaille914 wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:57 am
Same here. Aquarius installation seems to miss the AU component. I had the same problem with Diamond Lift, Crimson and Ruby.
raised a ticket and mentioned it on the Gearslutz forum but the issue was ignored by AA so far.

Beatworld

Post by Beatworld » Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:37 am

kingslanemusic wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:22 am
o.navaille914 wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:57 am
Same here. Aquarius installation seems to miss the AU component. I had the same problem with Diamond Lift, Crimson and Ruby.
raised a ticket and mentioned it on the Gearslutz forum but the issue was ignored by AA so far.
Is this experience all with Trials ??
No issues with AU install and working in Logic with purchases of Crimson and Ruby at least, haven't tried Lift or Azure

Charlie59
User Level II
User Level II

Post by Charlie59 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:46 pm

Charlie59 wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2018 3:07 am
Trial not showing up in my Aquarius either. Order was successful, logged out of Aquarius and back in, still no luck. No doubt it will be resolved...
But it's there now. Installing as I type.

giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Post by giancarlo » Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:57 pm

not showing in aquarius -> raise a ticket, we'll analyze the account quickly.
not showing as AU: aquarius is patching the component while it installs it. Raise a ticket OR use the manual download

mmarra
User Level VII
User Level VII

Post by mmarra » Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:11 am

First off I must say this is a really great sounding EQ plugin and I'm loving trying it out so far. I've been a supporter of AITB for so long and I'm really glad to see them back again with another great EQ.

There's only one problem I have been experiencing....it's when I go to boost 39 Hz with a Q of 1.5 the overall gain lowers and it sounds like it's soloing that frequency.

giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Post by giancarlo » Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:32 am

If it was reported in a ticket they will verify it
Possibly a sample is damaged and it was not detected during betatesting. There were similar issues for other samples and we fixed them