N4 is finally out!

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support
reggiejaxx
User Level X
User Level X

Re: N4 (Nebula4) is finally out!

Post by reggiejaxx » Wed Jan 04, 2017 4:49 am

Mirco wrote:
reggiejaxx wrote:HI thanks for finally releasing n4,seems smooth and i bought it after a day of trying out n4 free,the pre order price was a no brainer, all set up was smooth and the acustica library works great , my problem is i can't access my third party libraries i moved the programs and vectors to the alt folders but they don't show up is there a step i'm missing..thanks?
Hi reggiejaxx,

does those libraries have a protection, have you moved that too ?
hi,thanks for the response,yes some do,i actually have fate eq and mammoth and i moved the auth files to where the n4 ser and auth file are located..still nothing.

reggiejaxx
User Level X
User Level X

Post by reggiejaxx » Wed Jan 04, 2017 4:59 am

you have to add the altpaths to the xml of the nebulaversion you are using (N4 or N4ZL).
it needs to be the whole adress of the folder (including the folder itself) where the programs/vector folders are in.
it may be several altdatapath adresses.
example:
<ALTERNATIVEDATAPATH> C:/Nebula4temprepository/Altdatapath/AlexB/ </ALTERNATIVEDATAPATH>

fill in the correct adress from your system. don't forget to set one empty space before and after the adress and the slash at the end of it.[/quote]

thanks alot i'm not 100% sure i get exactly what you mean but i'll try it tmrw,so i'm guessing i have to modify xml for au and vst plugins and also add all the developer folders i'm using as well?

Acusticaaudiouser33
User Level IX
User Level IX

Post by Acusticaaudiouser33 » Wed Jan 04, 2017 11:04 am

jorismak wrote:I think it works so long as it works.
And if they ever start releasing patches of stuff that makes your 6gb run out, you can't come and complain since you knew what you were getting into :P.

Ram usage is depending heavily on what patches you load, how many kernels and dynamic-samplings and other stuff is in those patches, what samplerate, if they needed to be resampled, etc..

It 'starts' and 'runs' fine here on a 4GB laptop, the same as it runs fine on your 6gb machine now. But that doesn't mean it always will.

I'm guessing they set that 8gb limit to a) make people use and somewhat understand to use powerful machines. People running it on celerons or older Core i3's and then go complaining about not able to run 32 instances are not helping anybody.
and b) to set themselves a limit in what they 'have to account for'. If they make a device or library or something that takes up a certain amount of ram, and it's expected to put that patch on multiple tracks, 'they' (as in Acustica + any other library / aqua devs in the future) see if the product will still be usable in the realworld for their customers... so for their customers they set the rule '8gb minimum', then Acustica knows what to expect.

I can't imagine it being a real hard technical dependency and minimum requirement. But you might run into issues down the line when people start to push against the limits of N4. If and when that happens, a ram upgrade or a new machine is always an option :P.
Hi, Jorismak,

thanks for chiming in and sharing your view!
Your comments and AA supports reply 'Processes are divided in threads for parallel processing, OS thread limit is not fixed and is related with RAM amount.' make me understand it this way: Win OS will try to run as many parallel processes (threads) as possible and needs ram for that.
The more and complex Nebula instances I run the more threads Win OS will run and on average or easily this will need more than 6GB on ram all in all. A couple of N4 instances might be working alright here now but more than that will need more ram and with only 6GB ram I might encounted DSP spikes, audio glitches and jerky playback,...

thanks and regards
Last edited by Acusticaaudiouser33 on Wed Jan 04, 2017 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Post by giancarlo » Wed Jan 04, 2017 11:13 am

windows users I have a quick fix:

there is a new folder named "engines" among your nebula4 files.
I uploaded a file named
1414206.dll

Just copy it to your nebulatemprepository, "Engines" subfolder.
Change also the engine in your master xml:

Code: Select all

<ENGINEVERSION> 14142 </ENGINEVERSION>
At this point when you load nebula it should display a new version number (1.4.142)
We'll post an installer after 9th january (we'll upload also a new and better n4.dll engine)

fixes:
- crashes
- we disabled the old browser in nebula at all
- mast page now can save its settings

a note about file name convention. This engine is named "1414206.dll". It is the number of the engine, so 14142 and a 06 suffix. 06 means "64 bits".

Vando

Post by Vando » Wed Jan 04, 2017 11:21 am

Hi!
After some experimenting it looks like I got a N4 CUDA working.
The only problem is that I have to have the N4 nebulatemprepostory (datapath) and my CUDA temprepostory (Alt datapath) both, so in Finder there is Reverbs (the CUDA stuff) and Compressors, EQ's etc. (from the N4 nebtemp).
If I put CUDA temp as the only datapath it doesn't show the GUI.

Vando

giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Post by giancarlo » Wed Jan 04, 2017 11:31 am

ah very good!

mac osx users: I posted it also for mac osx (Engines), you need to unzip the file before placing it. I didn't test it on mac osx, but the procedure should be exactly the same.

Tell me if it works.
We'll publish an official installer after 9th january

dinodrums
User Level I
User Level I

Post by dinodrums » Wed Jan 04, 2017 11:40 am

Can anyone confirm that N4 fully supports Mac OS Sierra 10.12.3 Beta?

I'm dubious about upgrading to N4 as I still can't get my Acqua (AU) plugins to work in Sierra. Strangely enough though, they work fine wrapped as VSts with Blue Cat Patchwork...

Go figure?...

giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Post by giancarlo » Wed Jan 04, 2017 11:49 am

Sierra is not supported officially, especially au
Anyway I'm on sierra and it works, but maybe the au validation fails

davidgary73
Expert
Expert

Post by davidgary73 » Wed Jan 04, 2017 12:24 pm

giancarlo wrote:ah very good!

mac osx users: I posted it also for mac osx (Engines), you need to unzip the file before placing it. I didn't test it on mac osx, but the procedure should be exactly the same.

Tell me if it works.
We'll publish an official installer after 9th january
Yup..it worked. Thanks G :)
MacPro 2 x 2.4 Ghz 6 Core Intel Xeon • 28GB Ram • Logic Pro X 10.4.6 • OSX 10.13.6 • VEP 6 • Console 1 •

Please join us - Facebook Acustica Audio Official Group page @ https://www.facebook.com/groups/2161186247437661/

holographic
User Level II
User Level II

Post by holographic » Wed Jan 04, 2017 1:12 pm

thanks a lot for the fix, works flawlessly here even with alternativedatapath

giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Post by giancarlo » Wed Jan 04, 2017 1:51 pm

Yes we are testing the whole acustica library
I'm working on a solution for a fast loading of the whole library

reggiejaxx
User Level X
User Level X

Post by reggiejaxx » Wed Jan 04, 2017 2:09 pm

Hi
,haven't gotten to the studio yet to finish setting up n4,i'm hoping it works so smooth i can use it for most everything and use my slate bundle and uad stuff less and less,it's a great product and a great company but i really think actual nebula pro and now neb4 really could use a Really clear simple setup page with pictures or gifs and a simple short video for setup and usage,maybe even a few one for installation one for adding and using third party libs and one for suggested usage in general maybe skin changes etc..once again simple short and clear,a guide for idiots if you will,this forum helps but most of the real long term users i think are always having to repeat themselves or explanations get a little convoluted by multiple answers or sometimes it's just too advanced a jargon for the guy who just wants to install and start eqing or compressing with such great tools,i've been waiting on n4 for years and i'm hoping it works like the aqua releases,that is being able to load a third party library and it loads all the bands etc into one instance..anyway looking forward to the updates ,not sure what this engine replacement is supposed to do exactly maybe i missed a post..thanks

jotisidhu
User Level 0
User Level 0

Post by jotisidhu » Wed Jan 04, 2017 2:12 pm

i confirm the new engine is working great here on mac.
Libraries that would crash before are now loading.

good work <G> and thanks for the update .. :shock:

Mordus

Post by Mordus » Wed Jan 04, 2017 2:42 pm

Yeah!
It's working, Thanks giancarlo.

I've noticed it also loads faster... Is it possible?
Keep it simple, be happy.

Samplitude / Logic Pro X / RME / Italian Handcrafted Loudspeakers

Berty Bill
User Level VII
User Level VII

Post by Berty Bill » Wed Jan 04, 2017 2:45 pm

What about new engine uploaded today? It must to be added to current in engines folder or replace existing?
I can't get it work, - if I add it as second engine, then in plugin when launch I see the same 1.4.136 version number, but if I replace it, then plugin dont work at all in Cubase 9,VST3, Mac. :(