DIAMOND TRANSIENT is out!

fabio.migliorati

DIAMOND TRANSIENT is out!

Post by fabio.migliorati » Mon Sep 21, 2020 4:11 pm

Product: Diamond Transient
Developer: Acustica Audio
Price (MSRP): Introductory pricing - 119.00€ [Reg. 189.00€] - Save 37% OFF - Promo ends October 21, 2020 (11:59pm UTC+2). Acustica Audio reserves the right to change or modify the duration, terms and conditions of intro pricings and any other promotion at any time and without notice. Please note that educational discount codes cannot be applied to products in their introductory pricing period.
Plug-in Format(s): VST, AU, AAX
System Requirements (Windows): Windows 10
System Requirements (OSX): OSX 10.14
Diamond Transient web-page: http://www.acustica-audio.com/store/pro ... -transient
Diamond Transient User's manual: https://app.box.com/shared/static/ysui5 ... isgllq.pdf

Transients cut like diamonds

Developed in collaboration with 3x Grammy® Producer, Mixing & Mastering engineer Luca Pretolesi, Diamond Transient is a two-plugin suite that completely redefines the way you work with dynamics.

Derived from a series of select American dynamic processors, we aimed at creating a tool that would let you easily complete a variety of creative task in just a few moves, and without sacrificing the analog character that made Studio DMI's line of signature plugins a staple in virtually every modern studio.

Instant punch

With Diamond Transient, you can take the experience of one of the world's most recognized gurus of modern sound and easily apply it to your mixes, to shape songs that pack a ridiculous amount of punch, all in just a few seconds.

We have designed both plugins so you can fine tune your settings when you need it and focus on the essential parameters for most of the time.

Chiseling tracks into hits

Diamond Transient is perfect on drums, percussions, guitars, synthesizers as well as whole mixes, making it ideal for creative tasks as well as precision mastering duties.
The outstanding versatility of the suite makes it ideal for virtually any genre, ranging from Electronic, Latin, Rap, and Hip-Hop to the heaviest Metal and Rock.

Details

DIAMOND - TRANSIENT is a bundle consisting of:

• DIAMOND LP-3X
• DIAMOND DYN-F

For each plugin included in our DIAMOND - TRANSIENT suite, there is a “Standard” version or an alternative “ZL*” version that operates at *zero latency at the cost of extra processing resources and is thus suitable for use when tracking.

Diamond LP-3X

The Transient LP-3X is inspired by a vintage three-band dynamic range enhancer designed in the late ‘80s with the aim of improving the dynamic range of formats that, because of their inherent limitations, were normally compressed. Analog tape anyone? When engaged, the LP-3X exhibits a limited number of controls. Pressing the ‘Fine Tune’ control will show the extra parameters you can tweak to refine your tracks.

Diamond DYN-F

The Transient Dynamic Filter, as the name implies, is a filter which dynamically emphasizes or de-emphasizes low frequencies in the range of 30–500 Hz, following the amplitude of the audio source. As with the LP-3X, engaging the Fine Tune mode, will give you access to a total of 19 controls, for ultimate shaping possibilities.

How to try a plugin: TRIAL MODE

- Create a user account (if you do not have one yet) on our website
- Download and Install Aquarius, our products manager, for either Mac or PC
- Type the product name in the 'search' field inside Aquarius to find the '(trial)' version of the product, then click on the thumbnail or on the 'Install' button. This will take you to the product page (the trial version of a product is also visible in the 'related products' section on the right)
- Select the right plugin format according to the DAW you are using and click 'Install'
- Aquarius will download, install,and authorise the trial product automatically
- Run your DAW. You're set!

Please note:

- For details about installation/authorization please refer to the following page: Acustica Audio - Professional Audio Software - Acustica Audio
- Available sample rates: 96 - 44.1 - 48 - 88.2 kHz

Yaboychris
User Level 0
User Level 0

Re: DIAMOND TRANSIENT is out!

Post by Yaboychris » Wed Sep 23, 2020 3:20 am

With DYN-F I get nasty CPU spikes in pro tools to where I get errors and playback is stopped. I'm running 10.15.6 and the latest pro tools. Doesn't matter the size of the session.

flaviusr
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by flaviusr » Wed Sep 23, 2020 12:44 pm

Yaboychris wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 3:20 am
With DYN-F I get nasty CPU spikes in pro tools to where I get errors and playback is stopped. I'm running 10.15.6 and the latest pro tools. Doesn't matter the size of the session.
Please send a message to support and open a ticket with all information of your system and sample rate used. Here nobody can help you.
Dual boot /LGA 2011 /i7 3820 /32 GB /GA-X79S-UP5 / osX 10.9.5 - Win 10
Mac Book Pro 2.4 Ghz / 8 Gb / osX 10.11
Prism Sound Lyra 2 - RME-Fireface UCX - Octamic XTC
Nebula 4 Cubase Pro 9.5 Wavelab Pro 9.5 Reaper 5.99 Ozone 9 Pro Tools 12.5

botus99
Expert
Expert

Post by botus99 » Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:31 pm

If this is what I think it is, I tried unsuccessfully to sample this unit somewhere around 10 years ago... time really flies!
I remember spending hours trying to get the correct interaction between the bands to work properly, but ultimately had to cut my losses and hope someone more experienced would sample one. I wasn't even close haha.

I own 2 of these. Since buying my first one about 15 years ago, 2 of my close musician friends and my audiophile dad have bought their own because they love what it does. This product was a multi-band expander designed to add dynamic range to cassette tapes, but it can make improvements on almost any recorded material with the right settings.

This looks like you guys really added a bunch of options to alter the sound that the original hardware didn't have. I'm pretty excited to try this one out :mrgreen:

Were there any "homebrew" improvements made to the sampled unit before sampling by chance? Or is this a stock "LP-3X"?

EDIT: Oh yeah, this is definitely what I think it is. You guys made one of my Acustica dreams come true with this release! One by one, you guys are "replacing" my "irreplaceable" hardware, and I love it. I still keep my hardware around for tracking/live and for aesthetics (you all know how much eye-candy helps get customers :lol: ), but your stuff keeps getting better and better. The only hardware that I have left that hasn't been given the Acustica/Nebula treatment are my old Valley People expanders and a custom-made tape emulator, but there's similar enough stuff out there already... I'm in heaven over here haha.
Win10 / Reaper / i7 6700K / 64gb RAM | DL32R / ZED-R16 / 2x Digi003 (1 Black Lion modded, 1 Revive modded)
N4 - Orange, Blue, Purple, Pearl, Diamond EQ Trans & Lift, Ebony, Gold, Navy, Amethyst, Lime, Sand, Pink, Titanium, Aquamarine, El Rey, Magenta, Erin, Coral, Cobalt, Celestial, Taupe, Lemon

emusystem
User Level 0
User Level 0

Post by emusystem » Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:49 pm

Is it 32 bits?

botus99
Expert
Expert

Post by botus99 » Thu Sep 24, 2020 10:31 pm

emusystem wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:49 pm
Is it 32 bits?
Here's what Aquarius says in case this helps...
Win10 / Reaper / i7 6700K / 64gb RAM | DL32R / ZED-R16 / 2x Digi003 (1 Black Lion modded, 1 Revive modded)
N4 - Orange, Blue, Purple, Pearl, Diamond EQ Trans & Lift, Ebony, Gold, Navy, Amethyst, Lime, Sand, Pink, Titanium, Aquamarine, El Rey, Magenta, Erin, Coral, Cobalt, Celestial, Taupe, Lemon