Blue eQ

Share your experience, tips & tricks, show off your music.
theheliosequence
User Level X
User Level X

Re: Blue eQ

Post by theheliosequence » Fri Jul 31, 2015 10:06 am

Support wrote:
theheliosequence wrote:I would love to see Blue (in a new Deluxe form or not) updated to Core 6 or 7 as well.
Blue is not possible to upgrade to CORE6. Blue is a release in collaboration with AITB. Sampling were done by Mirco and we should re-sample original device for CORE7. You should request to him.
I would send a request. How do I contact AITB/Micro?

I've got two C******r GTCs and a Burl Mothership for AD and DA. Perhaps I could do some sampling for you at some point?
Win7 64-bit i7 3930K, RME MADI FX, N3S/N4, Amber, Aquamarine, Amethyst, Black Series, Blue, Cobalt, Coral, Diamond, Ebony, Emerald, Gold, Green, Honey, Ivory, Lemon, Lime, Magenta, Navy, Orange, Pearl, Pink, Pink Comp, Purple, Sand, Scarlet, Titanium, Ultramarine, White

Support
Expert
Expert

Post by Support » Fri Jul 31, 2015 10:19 am

RE: Yes.
I've got two C******r GTCs and a Burl Mothership for AD and DA. Perhaps I could do some sampling for you at some point?
RE: If you want to become an authorized Acustica Audio sampler you should come Lodi and do the three days NAT sampling course. We have Prims Sound interfaces and AD/DAs form sample.

(Italian coffee for free)
Best regards,
Acustica Audio help-desk service and support.
https://www.acustica-audio.com/
Acustica Audio is a trademark of Acusticaudio SRL.

To contact Acustica Audio support go to the ‘Support’ in your Acustica Audio account.
We do not provide support via social networks, public forums, Acustica Audio forums, or email accounts.

theheliosequence
User Level X
User Level X

Post by theheliosequence » Fri Jul 31, 2015 10:39 am

Support wrote:
RE: Yes.
RE: If you want to become an authorized Acustica Audio sampler you should come Lodi and do the three days NAT sampling course. We have Prims Sound interfaces and AD/DAs form sample.

(Italian coffee for free)
I'll hit you guys up for coffee if I'm ever in Italy!!! :-)
Win7 64-bit i7 3930K, RME MADI FX, N3S/N4, Amber, Aquamarine, Amethyst, Black Series, Blue, Cobalt, Coral, Diamond, Ebony, Emerald, Gold, Green, Honey, Ivory, Lemon, Lime, Magenta, Navy, Orange, Pearl, Pink, Pink Comp, Purple, Sand, Scarlet, Titanium, Ultramarine, White

kindafishy
Vip Member
Vip Member

Post by kindafishy » Fri Jul 31, 2015 3:28 pm

Support wrote:
theheliosequence wrote:I would love to see Blue (in a new Deluxe form or not) updated to Core 6 or 7 as well.
Blue is not possible to upgrade to CORE6. Blue is a release in collaboration with AITB. Sampling were done by Mirco and we should re-sample original device for CORE7. You should request to him.
Since you are asking a customer to ask a third party developer to sample hardware for an update to an Acqua plugin, does this mean Acqua plugins that are a collaboration between Acustica and a third party are not managed by Acustica, but rather they are driven by the third party developer?

This seems to be the case, and to extrapolate further, this indicates that you don't approach any of your incredible third party developers to sample for your Acqua line. This is consistent with past and current releases. One can only assume that it will remain as such going forward.

I suppose it is evident that this is your policy since the first few Acqua plugins were sampled by your third party developers, but soon after, all Acqua plugins sold through the Acustica site became Acustica sampled.

You guys have some seriously incredible third party samplers. As a customer, I can't help but wonder why many of the Acqua plugins aren't sampled by your greatest talent.

jfjer379
Expert
Expert

Post by jfjer379 » Tue Sep 08, 2015 12:51 am

Ok , lets say that AITB don't re sample this eq , is it possible acustica will do a similar aqua eq in the future,
there have been been a lot of clean eq's lately and they are of course needed tools and they do sound great
But now i want some really colored tone shaping eq's like the blu or similar and pleace give us a core7 pultec , im sure theres a lot of other colored beauties out there to that i dont have even heard of hehe
More colored eq's would be awesome :)

Thanks for answers in advance

Cheers
I7 5820k • RME • Audient • Reaper64 • Win7 64 • Amethyst • Coral • Ebony • El Rey • Emerald • Gold • Honey • Ivory • Lemon • Lime • Magenta • Navy • Pearl • Pink • Pink Comp Bundle • Ruby • Sand • Tapue • Titanium • Virgo • White2 • N3s • N4

flipnautold
Expert
Expert

Post by flipnautold » Tue Sep 08, 2015 3:54 pm

to sample a pultec new is easy... the should get the warm audio unit or build a homebrew pultec through AML components:

http://www.audiomaintenance.com/acatalo ... _info.html

Stedal should build the AML and sample it. It will sound awesome. They need not buy those 4k units. So this would get a very nice homebrew eq^^

please tell stedal.

P.S. Even the warm audio sounds very good... why not sample it?
Studio One on Intel i7 4790k.
Aquas i like are: Lime, Gold, Pink2412, Amethyst2, Honey

beingmf3
Vip Member
Vip Member

Post by beingmf3 » Tue Sep 08, 2015 6:50 pm

flipnaut wrote:P.S. Even the warm audio sounds very good... why not sample it?
No way! :lol:

flipnautold
Expert
Expert

Post by flipnautold » Wed Sep 09, 2015 11:14 am

so you have the warm audio and you can tell us about it?^^ the more frequencies make it very versatile and the cinemags in it sound great^^

namooz
User Level X
User Level X

Post by namooz » Tue Oct 06, 2015 4:10 am

It's too bad the Blue will not move on to core7. It has that lower mid boost I haven't heard in another EQ plugin-it stays together. Its overall thickness is focused and it doesn't flab out. I'm sure I'll be using it for a long time.

beingmf3
Vip Member
Vip Member

Post by beingmf3 » Tue Oct 06, 2015 10:00 am

flipnaut wrote:so you have the warm audio and you can tell us about it?^^ the more frequencies make it very versatile and the cinemags in it sound great^^
Ever made a side-by-side comparison of a Pulse Tec against other clones including the Warm? If you can have the original, why bother with something else?

Support
Expert
Expert

Post by Support » Tue Oct 06, 2015 1:54 pm

namooz wrote:It's too bad the Blue will not move on to core7. It has that lower mid boost I haven't heard in another EQ plugin-it stays together. Its overall thickness is focused and it doesn't flab out. I'm sure I'll be using it for a long time.
Soon we will publish an upgrade path table for all products.
Best regards,
Acustica Audio help-desk service and support.
https://www.acustica-audio.com/
Acustica Audio is a trademark of Acusticaudio SRL.

To contact Acustica Audio support go to the ‘Support’ in your Acustica Audio account.
We do not provide support via social networks, public forums, Acustica Audio forums, or email accounts.

kindafishy
Vip Member
Vip Member

Post by kindafishy » Tue Oct 06, 2015 3:55 pm

namooz wrote:It's too bad the Blue will not move on to core7. It has that lower mid boost I haven't heard in another EQ plugin-it stays together. Its overall thickness is focused and it doesn't flab out. I'm sure I'll be using it for a long time.
Myself, I don't find that it is too bad that it isn't being pushed to newer tech.

Why? Couple reasons:

- IMO, this is not an "every track workhorse" kind of EQ. As such, I have it on perhaps 2 - 4 tracks per session. No problem with resources when it is used this way.

- If this was to be brought forward to newer tech, that would likely mean resampling, which would mean that it is not THIS Blue EQ that I love, it would be something different. Maybe as good? Who knows, but it would not be this.

This is my favourite Acqua EQ and I don't want anybody to touch a single byte of it (although I acknowledge that if it ever is modified, I will still have this version).

flipnautold
Expert
Expert

Post by flipnautold » Tue Oct 06, 2015 8:17 pm

but they could resample it, update the old one to newest engine and let it as it is inside of your download box... and turn after it CLG by Alex B into an amazing set of EQ+Comp^^ Btw. CLG and after it Blue EQ is a nice combination because CLG has the better preamp sound...

Anyway Chand-Stuff is an instant buy for me as others do for N**e/A*I...

giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Post by giancarlo » Tue Oct 06, 2015 10:22 pm

blue will be core7
Same exact sound. More or less same performances, but it can work as zero latency plugin is you need it.

namooz
User Level X
User Level X

Post by namooz » Tue Oct 06, 2015 10:50 pm

Great Giancarlo! This is good news. And the ZL is, of course, very welcome. All the best to you………..