Blue eQ

Share your experience, tips & tricks, show off your music.
udo
User Level X
User Level X

Re: Blue eQ

Post by udo » Tue Mar 03, 2015 6:42 pm

Support wrote:No support ticket here in database. Please post here the ticket code.
IS THERE A BLUE EQ AU 64 BIT OS X UPDATE, WHICH IS DUE SINCE 2014 ON THE DASHBOARD READY FOR DOWNLOAD OR NOT?

Support
Expert
Expert

Post by Support » Wed Mar 04, 2015 2:15 am

IS THERE A BLUE EQ AU 64 BIT OS X UPDATE
Yes.
WHICH IS
Tech support folder.
DUE SINCE 2014 ON THE DASHBOARD READY FOR DOWNLOAD OR NOT?
No in customer's Dashboards. It is an unofficial release and we are beta testing a new update that will be official, but it is in beta test.

If you need to know the exact release date, contact sales department. At this moment we can provide you 1.3.831 unreleased and not official version that update OSX formats to 32 and 64 bits.

We can provide you a single download after you request it us thru a support ticket from your Dashboard.
Best regards,
Acustica Audio help-desk service and support.
https://www.acustica-audio.com/
Acustica Audio is a trademark of Acusticaudio SRL.

To contact Acustica Audio support go to the ‘Support’ in your Acustica Audio account.
We do not provide support via social networks, public forums, Acustica Audio forums, or email accounts.

cj01djs
User Level II
User Level II

Post by cj01djs » Mon Mar 16, 2015 5:52 pm

Is it possible to put an output volume on the plugin?
I like to boost with it and the volume become louder very fast.I know that the hw don't have it but i think it's better for the plugin and other aqua plugins have that already.
I like the gdrive on the plugin,sometimes i only use the preamp with the drive and have a nice saturation on it especially on bass,guitars and drums.

kindafishy
Vip Member
Vip Member

Post by kindafishy » Fri May 15, 2015 5:59 pm

When is Blue getting core 6?

I love this EQ. I want to be able to use more instances on my mixes without bouncing.

Thanks!

PS - I'd also like an out trim on this as the previous poster suggested. It sucks having to put a volume plugin after this one so I can properly A/B. cheers.

giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Post by giancarlo » Fri May 15, 2015 6:11 pm

blue cannot be migrated to core6. The only plugins which could be migrated are amber2 (already released), green2 (very soon), magenta2 (we are working on it)

kindafishy
Vip Member
Vip Member

Post by kindafishy » Fri May 15, 2015 6:45 pm

giancarlo wrote:blue cannot be migrated to core6. The only plugins which could be migrated are amber2 (already released), green2 (very soon), magenta2 (we are working on it)
There is no technical reason why this can't be done. It is Nebula samples, so reuse the same graphic resource and move the samples over into a core 6 based plugin. I don't see why this couldn't be done, unless this is a business decision.

giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Post by giancarlo » Fri May 15, 2015 7:28 pm

no old eqs are based on more kernels on each instance, no dynamic behaviour, static.
On new models there is a transformer, so a single instance which is coalesced with other bands. Each band is clean, and it can be merged with other ones.
We cannot coalesce first model! new models are "strips", they are even dynamic!

kindafishy
Vip Member
Vip Member

Post by kindafishy » Fri May 15, 2015 8:36 pm

giancarlo wrote:no old eqs are based on more kernels on each instance, no dynamic behaviour, static.
On new models there is a transformer, so a single instance which is coalesced with other bands. Each band is clean, and it can be merged with other ones.
So, let me see if I understand (without looking at your code :)). The new models feature a series of programs that are coalesced or combined, and older models feature multi kernel programs that are perhaps programatically selected, so they are not combined and cannot be combined in the same way? In other words, the basic workflow involved with the old and new models is different enough that they are incompatible. In very simple terms, the data changed and you can't treat it the same. This makes sense. I guess the only way you would be able to bring this forward is to resample the hardware. Not feasible or desirable, I am sure.

I love this EQ either way. I was really hoping for core6 level performance improvements, but I am happy enough to live without them.

This thing is rock and roll.

Even though this will not take full advantage of all core6 can offer in terms of program interaction, I suppose this will continuously be updated to use the latest engine to the best of it's abilities and take advantage of other advancements, much like Nebula Server or the eventual Nebula 4 does with existing libraries, correct?

flipnautold
Expert
Expert

Post by flipnautold » Fri May 15, 2015 11:50 pm

Blue must be resampled then... i mean... it is a small eq... should be possible. I dont hear the germanium preamp btw. It could have slight more colour. And the lows arent so good. Never used them. But highs are weapon on Overheads or guitars.
Studio One on Intel i7 4790k.
Aquas i like are: Lime, Gold, Pink2412, Amethyst2, Honey

wehpet
User Level 0
User Level 0

Post by wehpet » Thu May 28, 2015 12:37 am

flipnaut wrote:Blue must be resampled then... i mean... it is a small eq... should be possible. I dont hear the germanium preamp btw. It could have slight more colour. And the lows arent so good. Never used them. But highs are weapon on Overheads or guitars.
Yes. It should also take advantage of the lower cpu-usage from core 6. This EQ also rocks with a very good sound on good recorded vocals and snares.

A vote for a resampled/updated version.

Peter

theheliosequence
User Level X
User Level X

Post by theheliosequence » Thu May 28, 2015 7:38 pm

Another vote for Core6! And please add the low cut and the harmonic behavior of the Drive and Feedback controls. Even better would be the behavior of each the passive and active sections In and Out (even more tonal options). The GTC is such a cool/unique EQ... much more of a colorful mixing tool (core6) than a mastering tool imho (although I'm sure it would have uses there from time to time as well).
Win7 64-bit i7 3930K, RME MADI FX, N3S/N4, Amber, Aquamarine, Amethyst, Black Series, Blue, Cobalt, Coral, Diamond, Ebony, Emerald, Gold, Green, Honey, Ivory, Lemon, Lime, Magenta, Navy, Orange, Pearl, Pink, Pink Comp, Purple, Sand, Scarlet, Titanium, Ultramarine, White

giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Post by giancarlo » Thu May 28, 2015 8:09 pm

kindafishy wrote:
giancarlo wrote:no old eqs are based on more kernels on each instance, no dynamic behaviour, static.
So, let me see if I understand (without looking at your code :)). The new models feature a series of programs that are coalesced or combined, and older models feature multi kernel programs that are perhaps programatically selected, so they are not combined and cannot be combined in the same way? In other words, the basic workflow involved with the old and new models is different enough that they are incompatible. In very simple terms, the data changed and you can't treat it the same. This makes sense. I guess the only way you would be able to bring this forward is to resample the hardware. Not feasible or desirable, I am sure.

I love this EQ either way. I was really hoping for core6 level performance improvements, but I am happy enough to live without them.

This thing is rock and roll.

Even though this will not take full advantage of all core6 can offer in terms of program interaction, I suppose this will continuously be updated to use the latest engine to the best of it's abilities and take advantage of other advancements, much like Nebula Server or the eventual Nebula 4 does with existing libraries, correct?
yes: we posted a tech document about core6
yes, they will be updated yes, and bugfixed further, yes

jfjer379
Expert
Expert

Post by jfjer379 » Thu Jul 30, 2015 6:47 pm

maby im a little slow and sorry for that , is the blue getting core 6 or 7 update ? perhaps a blue 2 , it seems a lot really like this eq and i want it because it get so much love from those who owns it , and i cant find that tech document about core6

A yes or no answer will be fine

hoping for an answer on this :)
I7 5820k • RME • Audient • Reaper64 • Win7 64 • Amethyst • Coral • Ebony • El Rey • Emerald • Gold • Honey • Ivory • Lemon • Lime • Magenta • Navy • Pearl • Pink • Pink Comp Bundle • Ruby • Sand • Tapue • Titanium • Virgo • White2 • N3s • N4

theheliosequence
User Level X
User Level X

Post by theheliosequence » Thu Jul 30, 2015 11:27 pm

I would love to see Blue (in a new Deluxe form or not) updated to Core 6 or 7 as well.
Win7 64-bit i7 3930K, RME MADI FX, N3S/N4, Amber, Aquamarine, Amethyst, Black Series, Blue, Cobalt, Coral, Diamond, Ebony, Emerald, Gold, Green, Honey, Ivory, Lemon, Lime, Magenta, Navy, Orange, Pearl, Pink, Pink Comp, Purple, Sand, Scarlet, Titanium, Ultramarine, White

Support
Expert
Expert

Post by Support » Fri Jul 31, 2015 9:54 am

theheliosequence wrote:I would love to see Blue (in a new Deluxe form or not) updated to Core 6 or 7 as well.
Blue is not possible to upgrade to CORE6. Blue is a release in collaboration with AITB. Sampling were done by Mirco and we should re-sample original device for CORE7. You should request to him.
Best regards,
Acustica Audio help-desk service and support.
https://www.acustica-audio.com/
Acustica Audio is a trademark of Acusticaudio SRL.

To contact Acustica Audio support go to the ‘Support’ in your Acustica Audio account.
We do not provide support via social networks, public forums, Acustica Audio forums, or email accounts.