Red eq

Share your experience, tips & tricks, show off your music.
PaulyD
User Level 0
User Level 0

Re: Red eq

Post by PaulyD » Tue Sep 09, 2014 7:52 am

You may want to update your store page to indicate Red eq is available as an AU. I was prepared to wrap the VST as an AU, but to my surprise and delight, it was available as an AU when I went to my Libraries page here on the Acustica Audio web site.

Thank you very much for offering Red eq for free. It really sounds nice.

Cheers,

Paul

giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Post by giancarlo » Tue Sep 09, 2014 8:29 am

good!

tk_nacho
User Level 0
User Level 0

Post by tk_nacho » Sun Sep 21, 2014 11:22 pm

willj wrote:I reaslly like this Q.

The only thing with it is that once i load it into a plugin slot, i have to wait about 15 seconds before it becomes usable. All knobs are frozen hard left, and and after the EQ becomes responsive, they all jump to their 0db position as they probably should, when first initiated.

Also, if i lean on the plugin pretty hard, my machine will hang a bit.

These issues i can deal with pretty easily. For new customers, after hearing about how "clunky" nebula is to use, this could be mildly off putting.
Hi! First time here.

Same thing is happening to me when loading it on a i5 3210m, 8gb RAM, 5400RPM hd, Win 8.1, Legacy.
I tried with different Buffers in the XML, at 44.1 and 96khz and with 4096/2048/1024 samples on my DAW.

In REAPER it freezes like that for some seconds until it becomes responsive but finally works (and it's excellent!!).

In H******* Mixbus 2.5.1 when I insert the plugin it can stay there forever, but when I call the GUI and focus the plugin, the same thing happens and crashes Mixbus, I think this delay in the loading actually makes Mixbus crash.

Any help?
Thanks!
Ignacio

pd:
I've been trying some of your products since last year, but this Acqua revolution is going to be amazing and I will certainly buy some of the new things as soon as I can!
I think you have the future here! Thanks a lot for the great free stuff!
We will need a Nebula DSP card (like uad) to run all the great things that are coming without killing our CPUs!

Support
Expert
Expert

Post by Support » Sun Sep 21, 2014 11:42 pm

Same thing is happening to me when loading it on a i5 3210m, 8gb RAM, 5400RPM hd, Win 8.1, Legacy.
Check your account privileges, you should use multicore CPUs like Intel i7 instead of Intel i5. You should save libraries (N2V files) in SDD instead of 5400 rpm HDD.
In REAPER it freezes like that for some seconds until it becomes responsive but finally works (and it's excellent!
Check your account privileges. Run you VST host with administrator privileges.
In H******* Mixbus 2.5.1 when I insert the plugin it can stay there forever, but when I call the GUI and focus the plugin, the same thing happens and crashes Mixbus, I think this delay in the loading actually makes Mixbus crash.
Something is wrong in HMB 2.50/2.51 and VSTGUI 3/4 framework.
Best regards,
Enrique Silveti.
Acustica Audio customer and technical support
http://www.acustica-audio.com

tk_nacho
User Level 0
User Level 0

Post by tk_nacho » Mon Sep 22, 2014 1:17 am

Thanks for the responses.
Support wrote: Check your account privileges, you should use multicore CPUs like Intel i7 instead of Intel i5. You should save libraries (N2V files) in SDD instead of 5400 rpm HDD.
It would be great, I wish I could.
Privileges are set to Admin in all my audio apps.
In REAPER it freezes like that for some seconds until it becomes responsive but finally works (and it's excellent!
News on this: I reinstalled it without Legacy Mode and it loads much quicker!
I will let H******* developers know about this.

Best,
Ignacio

tk_nacho
User Level 0
User Level 0

Post by tk_nacho » Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:45 pm

UPDATE: :!:
I tried loading RedEq and AcquaVox with DDMF Metaplugin and MultiFXvst (thanks to user 'soundskiller' from Gearslutz) on H******* Mixbus and it's working so far, I have yet to check latency compensation but it looks as a nice momentary work-around.

It would be great to have Acustica Audio and Mixbus working together smoothly in the near future as they both seem to aim for great audio.

Best,
Ignacio

Support
Expert
Expert

Post by Support » Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:16 am

tk_nacho wrote:UPDATE: :!:
I tried loading RedEq and AcquaVox with DDMF Metaplugin and MultiFXvst (thanks to user 'soundskiller' from Gearslutz) on H******* Mixbus and it's working so far, I have yet to check latency compensation but it looks as a nice momentary work-around.

It would be great to have Acustica Audio and Mixbus working together smoothly in the near future as they both seem to aim for great audio.

Best,
Ignacio
We already work together with several host developers, HMB 2.50/2.51 issues were reported but H******* does not fix it already. There are two different issues:

1. Sample rate issue. HMB issue, we already help DDMF and Blue Cat Audio audio to solve it in their products, Nebula report correctly the SR but host not.

2. VSTGUI framework. The nightmare start with OSX 10.9.x Apple did some changes and 32 bits VSTGUI framework it's completely broken. We will move to a better and more complete framework called JUCE, when JUCE implementation will ready we will contact Harrsion to fix SR issue.

NOTE: About mini host plug-ins, check CPU core(s) performance, Nebula is already intensive multithread.
Best regards,
Enrique Silveti.

richie43
Expert
Expert

Post by richie43 » Wed Sep 24, 2014 2:21 am

I tried both of the above mentioned "bridging" host plugins with Nebula/Acqua in mixbus and both crashed as soon as I opened the plugin GUI.
The Sounds of the Hear and Now
http://soundyaudio.com/

cjperez
User Level IX
User Level IX

Slow Loading Projects with Red EQ in it

Post by cjperez » Thu Oct 09, 2014 11:15 pm

Hi. I've been trying out this eq and while i love the sound, i'm finding that when I save a project with this eq in it, and i try to reload that same project, it takes 3-4 times as long to open. And it takes even longer if there are multiple instances of Req EQ on the project..

Any ideas to help with this?

Cubase 7.0.5.
Intel i7 920k (OVerclocked to 4.0ghz)
Samsung 840 pro SSD
Intel Core i7 5820k 3.3ghz. 32gigs Ram, Samsung SSD, MSI X99A motherboard, Cubase 8, H******* Mixbus 3.3 & 2.5, Antelope Audio Zen Studio & Yamaha N8 Mixers. Win. 7 64 bit.

giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Post by giancarlo » Thu Oct 09, 2014 11:26 pm

is it fast if you engage it for the first time?

cjperez
User Level IX
User Level IX

Post by cjperez » Thu Oct 09, 2014 11:47 pm

Not really. Once I load the plugin. It takes about 7-8 seconds to "fully be active". The knobs would hang to left then it would switch to center after about 5 seconds after coming up.

But apart from that though, once i save a project with one or many instances of the Red Eq, then I close then re-open that same project, The loading time of the project before it actually comes up(And I 'm referring to the Project here) takes about 3 - 4 longer. Once the project is loaded, i can do anything normally. But it's just the project loading time that bugs me once i use the red Eq. (Without the Red EQ, the project loads quickly, with the REd Eq, it takes much longer to load)

I was reading that i may be able to alter some settings in an .XML file? If so, what do i Do exactly? or i shouldnt touch that?

But Seriously though, this plugin sounds AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BUt i still need some help with the loading times of my project files once i use the plugin/...
Intel Core i7 5820k 3.3ghz. 32gigs Ram, Samsung SSD, MSI X99A motherboard, Cubase 8, H******* Mixbus 3.3 & 2.5, Antelope Audio Zen Studio & Yamaha N8 Mixers. Win. 7 64 bit.

Support
Expert
Expert

Post by Support » Sat Oct 11, 2014 9:08 am

cjperez wrote:Not really. Once I load the plugin. It takes about 7-8 seconds to "fully be active". The knobs would hang to left then it would switch to center after about 5 seconds after coming up.

But apart from that though, once i save a project with one or many instances of the Red Eq, then I close then re-open that same project, The loading time of the project before it actually comes up(And I 'm referring to the Project here) takes about 3 - 4 longer. Once the project is loaded, i can do anything normally. But it's just the project loading time that bugs me once i use the red Eq. (Without the Red EQ, the project loads quickly, with the REd Eq, it takes much longer to load)

I was reading that i may be able to alter some settings in an .XML file? If so, what do i Do exactly? or i shouldnt touch that?

But Seriously though, this plugin sounds AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BUt i still need some help with the loading times of my project files once i use the plugin/...
Open a support ticket, we will try to reproduce the issue and fix it. We will need all information that you can provide to us.
Best regards,
Enrique Silveti.

ianc
User Level X
User Level X

Post by ianc » Sat Oct 11, 2014 9:28 pm

Just tried this and as with free plugins thought it could be nice but wasn't expecting to be completely blown away.
Anyway mustn't waste my time posting now as I got orange eq and u76 waiting to be installed, I feel like I won the lottery, hope's you do too. :)
I wish I could drum half as well with two hands as one of Terry Bozzio's feet

Support
Expert
Expert

Post by Support » Sun Oct 12, 2014 8:39 am

richie43 wrote:I tried both of the above mentioned "bridging" host plugins with Nebula/Acqua in mixbus and both crashed as soon as I opened the plugin GUI.
They are UI issues.
Best regards,
Enrique Silveti.

Tp3
User Level IV
User Level IV

Post by Tp3 » Thu Oct 30, 2014 3:27 pm

Is red EQ part of a "bigger" product ? (does it have a "full" version"

Thanks