Does Trinity tell you what frequencies you're using?

Share your experience, tips & tricks, show off your music.
Giggy
User Level II
User Level II

Does Trinity tell you what frequencies you're using?

Post by Giggy » Sun Dec 28, 2014 8:46 pm

It's hard to tell from the demos but when you choose a frequency does the plugin say this is for example 2600 KHz, etc.?

Also what EQ is this from?

Support
Expert
Expert

Re: Does Trinity tell you what frequencies you're using?

Post by Support » Sun Dec 28, 2014 10:57 pm

Hello. I don't understand the question.
Best regards,
Enrique Silveti.
Acustica Audio customer and technical support
http://www.acustica-audio.com

dacaveprods

Post by dacaveprods » Sun Dec 28, 2014 11:03 pm

Support wrote:Hello. I don't understand the question.

Sounds like he's asking for readouts on the eq itself,etc n what was the eq modeled after... ;)

Support
Expert
Expert

Post by Support » Sun Dec 28, 2014 11:06 pm

There is only three label per frequency knob.
Best regards,
Enrique Silveti.

Giggy
User Level II
User Level II

Post by Giggy » Sun Dec 28, 2014 11:58 pm

Hi yes, because there's only 3 frequency positions that are labelled, for example on the mid they are 2000, 5000, and 8000, so if you turn the knob to something in between does it give you feedback as to what that frequency is or are those the only frequencies available?

Also is it a mystery still as to what EQ this is from?

mathias
Expert
Expert

Post by mathias » Mon Dec 29, 2014 12:20 am

altec console, i believe.
g stated it somewhere.

you don't get exact frequency readouts apart from the three numbers labeled, that indicate the range where you're operating in.
perfect for working by ear, which is always preferable ... ;)
system 1: windows 8 32 bit - samplitude prox/x3, tracktion6/7, reaper
system 2: mac osx yosemite - reaper(32+64bit), tracktion6/7(32+64bit)

both systems on: macbook pro (late 2009), core 2 duo 3,06 ghz, 4 gb ram, graphic: nvidia geforce 9600M GT 512 MB

Giggy
User Level II
User Level II

Post by Giggy » Mon Dec 29, 2014 12:35 am

Nice one thanks!

Altec console? That's rare. Sounds great.

Pro5
User Level V
User Level V

Post by Pro5 » Thu Oct 08, 2015 10:30 pm

Giggy wrote:Nice one thanks!

Altec console? That's rare. Sounds great.
http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/mar13/a ... t-0313.htm

Guy using an altec - though this plug-in has gone AWOL anyway it would be great if everything didn't have to be so cloak-and-dagger (secretive) with these rarer things. I could understand AP* or N*V* coming after AA for certain things but ALTEC? *IF* Trinity is even based on that It doesn't look like anyone that works at altec would care that someone had 'cloned it' in software, but would be nice to know exactly what was sampled for this eq.

Though I read in another thread around here it was sampled from something even 'lesser' than the altec? Not that it matters if the hardware wasn't top-of-the-line if it still sounds so good next to most algo plugs.

I've heard good things about it, someone said it was harder to get close to trinity with algos vs something like Honey (which PSP McQ is a kind of lightweight alternative to in non acqua/nebula world). Though I really like honey, if only I had a faster PC right now to make it more useful on say 32 instances for real time mixing without lagging the controls (latency).

I guess I'd like to see if there's an algo plug based on whatever console trinity was based on. Comparing algos to acqua (if they ever do a new demo of trinity) is the only way to be sure before spending so much on these expensive (comparatively to other useful algo plugs not to rip-off merchants like UAD who are definitely milking customers for no reason but official licensing) and CPU heavy acqua plugs.

AA are quality sounding plugs but their value has to be a balance of workflow/usability (CPU usage) as well as sound to demand a premium price. They are fairly priced next to the UAD rip offs as I said (and also you have to buy a card for that too? I mean what nutter would throw so much money away on a locked in UAD system in 2015? with plugs that are not even doing what native does due to DSP conservation! sorry!), but they are very highly priced next to regular native stuff, for the use you can get and compared to nebula libs - therefore it would be nice to know more details on what it's actually sampled, the condition of the hardware etc (as well as hoping for ever improving performance).

I doubt I could justify honey at 129 euros even if I do really love the filters, the looks of it and the sound, which McQ does actually get close to and sometimes sounds less 'middy' and less rough than honey, in a good way, McQ is based on MC* 500 I think which is closely related to H*rris*n (designed by same guy, used some same components) so they work in a similar way (honey and mc Q) and while every other algo eq sounded the usual flat, nasal, thinning, harsh, sterile next to Honey, McQ still doesn't.. not sure why.

Anyway, I think honey should be 1/3 of its price, maybe even 1/2 that price (£50-£60) but I'll no doubt be shouted at for saying that. :lol: 8-) - yes we know the score with acqua plugs, they cost cos they sound great, but as said - it's a balancing act. I'm sure more people would see these as essential/impulse buy purchases if their prices were inline with other (very very good) algo plugs (not UAD - don't use UAD or the rip off companies as your guide imo! - The whole plug in market seems like a gold rush / scam to some degree - especially in the algo repacking market!) :roll:

Ah well.. maybe we can hope for a better black friday deal than 20% (try 50% like the rest of the world) and then standby for massive sales! ;)

ok mods, no need to tell me to be quiet or 'wrong section'. am just rambling on while here as have been testing acquas all week and thinking about perf/price/sound etc... won't say another word! :)

tl;dr? off topic? > Can anyone confirm what trinity is based on and if it'll ever be released for sale again (and to demo). Thanks

giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Post by giancarlo » Thu Oct 08, 2015 10:54 pm

We can open easily 60 instances of navy on a notebook
Prices are pretty low, we are sampling from more devices, they are well serviced, there are trial demos....

Acusticaaudiouser33
User Level IX
User Level IX

Post by Acusticaaudiouser33 » Sun Oct 11, 2015 4:42 pm

giancarlo wrote:We can open easily 60 instances of navy on a notebook
Prices are pretty low, we are sampling from more devices, they are well serviced, there are trial demos....
Just curious: What (kind of)notebook or even better what desktop computer would that be? Can we have some realworld examples so we know what to upgrade our systems to? 60 instances of Navy sounds wonderful!!!

Many thanks in advance

Support
Expert
Expert

Post by Support » Mon Oct 12, 2015 2:50 pm

Best regards,
Enrique Silveti.

nverxion

Post by nverxion » Sun Nov 29, 2015 10:02 am

It would be great if Trinity would become available again... where did it disappear to? I know two people besides myself who want to throw money at you for it.

If you're going to update it for current users, you should sell it to new users. Same goes for Neo. Fortunately I have Neo...

This page:
http://www.alessandroboschi.eu/html/alexb/plugins.htm
hasn't changed in months (actually it's never changed), so what's happening?
Last edited by nverxion on Sun Nov 29, 2015 10:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Azure / Amethyst / AQ3 / Cobalt / Coral / Crimson / Diamond / Emerald / Green / Ivory / Magenta / Navy / Neo / Ochre / Orange / Pearl / Pink / Red / Sand / Scarlet / Tan / Nebula 3 Server

giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Post by giancarlo » Sun Nov 29, 2015 10:03 am

if you bought it it should be available in the dashboard: am I correct? or do you mean the shop?

nverxion

Post by nverxion » Sun Nov 29, 2015 10:04 am

Yeah the shop. It's not in the shop. Wanted to buy it a long time ago but it's gone.
Azure / Amethyst / AQ3 / Cobalt / Coral / Crimson / Diamond / Emerald / Green / Ivory / Magenta / Navy / Neo / Ochre / Orange / Pearl / Pink / Red / Sand / Scarlet / Tan / Nebula 3 Server

nverxion

Post by nverxion » Sun Nov 29, 2015 10:07 am

I mean, it is plastered all over your products pages here, but it's not available anywhere. Neo too.