Trinity EQ2

Share your experience, tips & tricks, show off your music.
Antonello
God Administrator
God Administrator

Re: Trinity EQ2

Post by Antonello » Fri Jan 09, 2015 12:15 pm

tumburu wrote:Why did Trinity (and all the other AlexB Aqua plugins) disappeared from the store?

http://www.acustica-audio.com/index.php ... &Itemid=92

kylen

Post by kylen » Fri Jan 09, 2015 1:57 pm

Curious also...

Jantex
User Level IV
User Level IV

Post by Jantex » Fri Jan 09, 2015 2:12 pm

Wooow, what about us, who bought Trinity and haven't received any updates in the last half a year???
MacBook Pro Retina, late 2012, 2,7GHz, 16GB RAM, 768 SSD + 500GB LaCie SSD, OSX 10.10.5, PT HD12.4, Logic X 10.2.1, Cubase 8.5.1

Support
Expert
Expert

Post by Support » Fri Jan 09, 2015 2:17 pm

Jantex wrote:Wooow, what about us, who bought Trinity and haven't received any updates in the last half a year???
http://www.acustica-audio.com/phpBB3/vi ... 32&t=28560
Best regards,
Enrique Silveti.
Acustica Audio customer and technical support
http://www.acustica-audio.com

ce1909

Post by ce1909 » Fri Jan 09, 2015 2:56 pm

For what reason?

It always bothers me when a new model is released, touted to be the next biggest thing since sliced bread or a game-changer then it's pulled out of the blue & discontinued.

ce1909

Post by ce1909 » Fri Jan 09, 2015 3:34 pm

Thanks for the link. An explanation would be nice instead finding out 3rd person.

I wonder if this means my purchase was contractually handed over to Alex B?

tumburu
Vip Member
Vip Member

Post by tumburu » Fri Jan 09, 2015 3:49 pm

I think we're witnessing a 'divorce' between Acustica and AlexB, and they are just providing us some links which don't shade any light on the matter. The list on Alex' website does not have links to an actual product page, it's a simple list.

I wish Acustica had a more professional approach in all things other then the raw sound quality of their products. It still feels like a bit of a mess sometimes.

ce1909

Post by ce1909 » Fri Jan 09, 2015 4:38 pm

You might be correct.
I wonder if CDSM's EQP1 will evenually be dropped too.

giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Post by giancarlo » Fri Jan 09, 2015 5:56 pm

ce1909 wrote:You might be correct.
I wonder if CDSM's EQP1 will evenually be dropped too.
all products will be updated till the end of the days: acqua plugins are maintained till infinite like all nebula libraries by definition.

About trinity and eqp1: they are on the dotolist for free au64 and support for new engines, I think trinity update will be released this month.
About eqp1: I hope to release an update this month, and a bigger update this year about boost/cut functionality. It is on our todo list. I can't promise the sampled product will be the same, but I can promise that when we'll upgrade it, it will be better!

Trinity is a consolidated product, so there is no need to provide further updates apart the new engine upgrades: in our next release we'll remove clicks and phasing effects, and it will load around 5 times faster. We'll work also on a updater for generic acqua plugins in order to make this upgrade by yourself: ie when the 1.x.xxx engine is released you should be able to upgrade quickly ALL your plugins to your engine. It will act like a standalone application, able to authorize and upgrade them at once.
ATM there is an application from zab software which upgrades all your acqua plugins at once, but it is obviously an external tool, I would prefer something more centralized and maybe directed to key authorization/key recovery.

About the removal: we are optimizing the shop. Since the products are supported "forever" we are only removing products with a low sales rate from the shop: there is an huge gap between trinity and magenta, and there is a logical reason for making everything sorted and clean from the buyer perspective. Too many items cause too much noise.
But just to make clear, forums, items in your dashboard, key generators, support, and everything else will not be dropped.

Just to make an example, there is not a single nebula library which does not work today with the new engines. When something is broken (like the cupwise example) a bug is raised and we work on that. Acqua plugins are exactly the same, so the best plugin investment ever.