Trinity EQ1

Share your experience, tips & tricks, show off your music.
faxesystem
User Level III
User Level III

Re: Trinity Eq is coming

Post by faxesystem » Fri Apr 25, 2014 11:23 am

There is a point where I need 30 minutes for going to the next level and they need 300 hours.
So it's just 30 minutes until a MacOSX release? ;)
The real question is: why a producer should choose a crack?
I think a real producer is not using cracks. Mainly people that do music as a hobby use cracks. I once read an article in the De:Bug where the president of Ableton was asked about the piracy problem and he answered that lot's of the younger ones (that's why some companies give student discounts) work with a cracked version of live and later when they make money out of music or earn money in a job they buy it. Also he mentioned, that there are many countries where people have not that much money and where the software would cost them like three months of salary.

Another factor is that often demos of programs are not available and that a crack is often the only possibility to try software.

Here I really like the thinking of the reaper team (http://reaper.fm/purchase.php).

I for myself can just say, that I'm really interested to hear the Trinity EQ since it would be a much better workflow for me to have one plugin and all available bands instead of loading like 5 instances of Nebula. But since I'm a Mac user all I can do is wait...

SWAN
Expert
Expert

Post by SWAN » Fri Apr 25, 2014 5:37 pm

AA certainly has my blessing to do whatever they need to do to protect their company. Short of a PR problem due to serious virus/malware issues which might cause its own type of damage...but I trust their judgement.

It is a real concern to me that companies can go bust due to piracy - and it has changed my attitude to take it more seriously.

With regard to sales - usually - there should be a steady stream at a certain rate. With preset saturation in the market - that would be a slow curve over months maybe years. A crack release and sales event will be sudden - and obvious. I think developers have seen this - hence the upset. Of course - we cannot know without the release of sales figures - but I suspect it is worse than a lot of people think - and developers struggle on due to the love of music and the work.
Mac Mini i7 quad 2.6

Logic X
Live 9
Reaper

Antonello
God Administrator
God Administrator

Post by Antonello » Fri Apr 25, 2014 5:51 pm

However:
Trinity 1.3.711 for windows
http://www.acustica-audio.com/phpBB3/vi ... 48&t=28074

nonstandardryder

Post by nonstandardryder » Fri Apr 25, 2014 8:29 pm

Well I personally have been a loyal nebula customer since 2010. After switching to Mac OSX 2 years ago (and never looking back) I really wish I could use Trinity and Neo. I pretty much refuse to use any other processing plugins except nebula.

I do understand your frustration, but I don't feel piracy will ever stop.

Making loyal customers suffer is even worse. Charge us more, watermark our software, do what ever. Make 4 year customers beta testers.

nonstandardryder

Re: Trinity EQ1

Post by nonstandardryder » Wed Jul 02, 2014 7:05 pm

It looks like the mac version just happened! :)

willj
User Level II
User Level II

Post by willj » Wed Aug 27, 2014 3:53 am

Probably a dumb idea, but why not release your own crack. A crack of the crack if you will..... :lol: A crack that is insanely latent and CPU heavy...until the market is sooo flooded with distrustful cracks that they are forced to buy the legit copy because its too big a risk.

i dunno. just trying to think OTB.

Im not about cracked software at all. It is affecting me even as a non user. Here, i cant even get a simple demo, and im sure it elevates the price some.

However, if i really wanted a product and there were no demo for it, i cant say i wouldnt give it some consideration.

giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Post by giancarlo » Wed Aug 27, 2014 6:13 am

yes but someone suggested he want to try the "workflow"

Hannes_F
User Level X
User Level X

Post by Hannes_F » Sat May 16, 2015 2:34 am

I want want want Trinity with Core6, please. Any chance?

THE REASON: Somehow I can dial in nuances on some instruments with the continuous frequencies and gains that I don't get as easily with other EQs. (This is for the use as track EQ, especially on cello).

Thank you for listening,
Hannes

Support
Expert
Expert

Post by Support » Sat May 16, 2015 10:47 am

Any chance?
0 chances.
Best regards,
Enrique Silveti.
Acustica Audio customer and technical support
http://www.acustica-audio.com

kindafishy
Vip Member
Vip Member

Post by kindafishy » Sat May 16, 2015 3:58 pm

Hannes_F wrote:I want want want Trinity with Core6, please. Any chance?

THE REASON: Somehow I can dial in nuances on some instruments with the continuous frequencies and gains that I don't get as easily with other EQs. (This is for the use as track EQ, especially on cello).

Thank you for listening,
Hannes
Hi Hannes, I am not part of support (obviously), but check out the conversation between G and I in the Blue EQ thread starting from here -> http://www.acustica-audio.com/forum/ind ... pic#p84649 and it should explain why it is not possible to do this with "older" Acqua plugins.

giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Post by giancarlo » Sat May 16, 2015 8:44 pm

only eq released after orange are suitable... we should resample and rebuild them otherwise
But they will be updated to latest engine as usually, and they are fully compatible. Please note that if a feature xxx is released in the future, it does not mean that it will be introduced in all previous products.
Differently, a bug fixing could lead to a new developement and effort even for older things

giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Post by giancarlo » Sat May 16, 2015 8:45 pm

just to be more clear: we are migrating magenta, green and amber just because the effort is not giant