Trinity EQ1

Share your experience, tips & tricks, show off your music.
Antonello
God Administrator
God Administrator

Re: Trinity Eq is coming

Post by Antonello » Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:19 pm

zabukowski wrote:To my understanding, products will be released when new (improved) protection is ready.

I think direction of Acustica was never better than these days.
Yes, it's correct.

giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Post by giancarlo » Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:19 pm

no we are waiting for a better time. Nobody forces us to release things. Disappointed because we don't release? it's not an upgrade. You are not waiting for a fix. We'll take our time, we'll analyze things and we'll decide what to do. Cracks, even when not working, kill sells.
We can do other things...

faxesystem
User Level III
User Level III

Post by faxesystem » Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:06 pm

Disappointed because we don't release? it's not an upgrade. You are not waiting for a fix.
No it's not an upgrade but telling a costumer that you are in beta testing over a month ago and now replying that it will be postponed because a not working crack was released and not because of a real major issue annoys me.

And also replying with
We as acustica could stop even immediately releasing things, we can spend in a better way our time.
and
Cracks, even when not working, kill sells.
to paying costumers is not a very nice way of communication and does not built a lot of trust.

Sorry but I have never read anything like that on the sites of other audio software developers.

studjo
User Level I
User Level I

Post by studjo » Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:27 pm

I agree. :?:

giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Post by giancarlo » Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:57 pm

faxesystem wrote:
Disappointed because we don't release? it's not an upgrade. You are not waiting for a fix.
No it's not an upgrade but telling a costumer that you are in beta testing over a month ago and now replying that it will be postponed because a not working crack was released and not because of a real major issue annoys me.

And also replying with
We as acustica could stop even immediately releasing things, we can spend in a better way our time.
and
to paying costumers is not a very nice way of communication and does not built a lot of trust.

Sorry but I have never read anything like that on the sites of other audio software developers.
maybe they are bedroom developers (like we were before) OR bigger companies (they survive in some way). Each thing we release costs a lot of money. If we make bad moves we close. Do you prefer that?

Do you know how I'm spending my time instead of developing and releasing things? rethinking protection and compiling things for 3rd party developers (who were damaged incredibly during this past year).

If you REALLY need our products help us discouraging piracy and keeping website clean. Otherwise within a couple of years you'll have only hobbistic freeware and some glorious crack from the past.

btw, betatesters could confirm it to you. Trinity IS ready, was tested, but we can't release it. There is even a nice installer. There is an obvious reason. We should pack a new protection, start betatesting again and release it later. Blame piracy, not someone who is spending his nights coding for the glory. At the end of the day I should fill my fridge with something.

dacaveprods

Post by dacaveprods » Fri Apr 25, 2014 2:37 am

giancarlo wrote:
faxesystem wrote:

And also replying with
and

maybe they are bedroom developers (like we were before) OR bigger companies (they survive in some way). Each thing we release costs a lot of money. If we make bad moves we close. Do you prefer that?

Do you know how I'm spending my time instead of developing and releasing things? rethinking protection and compiling things for 3rd party developers (who were damaged incredibly during this past year).

If you REALLY need our products help us discouraging piracy and keeping website clean. Otherwise within a couple of years you'll have only hobbistic freeware and some glorious crack from the past.

btw, betatesters could confirm it to you. Trinity IS ready, was tested, but we can't release it. There is even a nice installer. There is an obvious reason. We should pack a new protection, start betatesting again and release it later. Blame piracy, not someone who is spending his nights coding for the glory. At the end of the day I should fill my fridge with something.

WELL SAID... NO DEBATE!!!

mathias
Expert
Expert

Post by mathias » Fri Apr 25, 2014 2:41 am

faxesystem wrote:
we were going to release it but at the moment we should postpone it due to what happened recently. Till last website doesn't stop publishing illegal things (I don't care if they are cracked in a good way or not) you'll wait. We as acustica could stop even immediately releasing things, we can spend in a better way our time.
What kind of strange company philosophy is this? You are punishing costumers with not releasing it because of pirates? Also you wrote, that the pirated copies are not correctly cracked and will cause trouble so I don't understand why you would have to postpone a Mac release.

Seriously I'm getting more and more disappointed of the direction Acustica Audio is going.
i can certainly understand your frustration about delayed releases, but there is also frustration on the other side, which you may understand, when looking from the viewpoint of the developers and taking into account what happened lately.
it really makes me sad to see, how such dumb crack-coders are able to influence the mood here.
it doesn't help anybody to throw accusations (...punishing customers ...).
we are all in the same boat and should try to actively support each others.

there is nothing to say against a clear exchange of viewpoints, even when totally disagreeing and giancarlo has proven many, many times, that he is willing to discuss, even when people made ridiculous statements.

but i think he and acustica deserve, that we have a little patience and let the things work out ...
and as already mentioned here, things are better than ever and the future for nebula is promising!
so let's keep things good 8-) :D

cheers,
mathias
system 1: windows 8 32 bit - samplitude prox/x3, tracktion6/7, reaper
system 2: mac osx yosemite - reaper(32+64bit), tracktion6/7(32+64bit)

both systems on: macbook pro (late 2009), core 2 duo 3,06 ghz, 4 gb ram, graphic: nvidia geforce 9600M GT 512 MB

kindafishy
Vip Member
Vip Member

Post by kindafishy » Fri Apr 25, 2014 2:59 am

giancarlo, why are you spending your time thinking about and programming protection schemes? This is not your core competency and hackers out there will very likely crack it regardless of how well you design and implement it.

IMO, you should partner/purchase/etc with a company that dedicates itself to copy protection mechanisms. A company whose core competency is copy protection. Two come to mind, PACE iLok 2 and whatever Scuffham is using to protect S-Gear.

Slate products are highly desired. S-Gear is highly desired. Neither have been cracked.

Have you thought about subbing this out and just focusing on your core product rather than plumbing issues such as copy protection?

ce1909

Post by ce1909 » Fri Apr 25, 2014 3:15 am

Not a good idea imo.
I'm fine with iLok but so many aren't. The way Nebula functions now isn't very popular & adding iLok would really deter new & potential customers even more.

Hannes_F
User Level X
User Level X

Post by Hannes_F » Fri Apr 25, 2014 3:28 am

Hi there, since I take up the mood some comments from my side:

1. I am strictly against piracy. You will not find a single pirated program on any of my computers.

2. I have only learned about the existence of cracked Nebula programs in this forum. Something to think about perhaps. If I were in charge I would utterly ignore it.

3. I know of several small developers that took the piracy thing so to their heart that they ultimately quit their existence. But that was more a mindset thing than actual financial loss.

4. That being said I guess that in the case of Nebula piracy is more a sign that it finally came to the consciusness of the pirates. With other words a kind of success.

5. Before you shoot: BECAUSE ... Nebula is actually not of very much use to pirates. You have to really love it and have to WANT to apply it. It is not shiny and you have to have the ear to know what it really does.

6. Also you have to have the hardware in order to run Nebula. Even on an i7 I can run very few Nebula EQs additional to the normal CPU load in a mix. I am right now setting up a second i7 for having some more (documentation for that is not very helpful but never mind). Which pirate will be crazy enough to do that?

7. With a restricted user base a certain market saturation is normal. I happen to have spent many hundreds of EUR for Nebula and libraries, might be more than 1000. I bought even Acqua plugins that I will most likely never use. Although I don't have any deep pockets I did this - honestly - for supporting the developers. Because how many EQs can I run at a time? How many consoles? As I said this is quite restricted because of the hardware and from a certain point on you can not sell more and more EQs and consoles over and over to the same folks, you need to find new folks.

All the best
Hannes

mathias
Expert
Expert

Post by mathias » Fri Apr 25, 2014 4:30 am

good points, hannes!

i am not sure, how much the saturation of the "nebula market", which i believe is certainly real (i myself am kind of "saturated" with nebula libraries) plays into the loss of sales of third party developers.

it may have been coincidence with the upcoming of cracked versions and it is difficult to analyze, what factors are contributing to this also.
we may never know ...

it is really hard to decide, what to do against piracy/for the product and this is up to giancarlo and acustica.
good to hear, that there are loyal people like you, that are even willing to just buy for the support of the product!

every help/support we can give is precious, to get the ship through sometimes rough times (be it only some patience, like i suggested above). calm waters will sure come ... (insert some dramatic music here, slowly calming down :D :lol: )

mathias
system 1: windows 8 32 bit - samplitude prox/x3, tracktion6/7, reaper
system 2: mac osx yosemite - reaper(32+64bit), tracktion6/7(32+64bit)

both systems on: macbook pro (late 2009), core 2 duo 3,06 ghz, 4 gb ram, graphic: nvidia geforce 9600M GT 512 MB

mtalavera

Post by mtalavera » Fri Apr 25, 2014 5:32 am

Hannes_F wrote: With a restricted user base a certain market saturation is normal. I happen to have spent many hundreds of EUR for Nebula and libraries, might be more than 1000. I bought even Acqua plugins that I will most likely never use. Although I don't have any deep pockets I did this - honestly - for supporting the developers. Because how many EQs can I run at a time? How many consoles? As I said this is quite restricted because of the hardware and from a certain point on you can not sell more and more EQs and consoles over and over to the same folks, you need to find new folks.

All the best
Hannes
I'm glad I'm not the only one that supports Acustica and the 3rd-party developers in this way. Although I can't buy every library or Acqua plugin that is released, I do have way more then I will ever use and keep adding to my collection.

giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Post by giancarlo » Fri Apr 25, 2014 7:41 am

it's very very appreciated, really.

faxesystem
User Level III
User Level III

Post by faxesystem » Fri Apr 25, 2014 9:05 am

I fully understand, that you as a developer need money for your daily expenses and I also know, that your company just made a big step with an office etc.
The company I work for also had to make this step in the past and I can tell you, that they never cared much about copy protection not even today...

But again there is this ongoing debate about the copy protection and that you now have to spend most of your energy in changing the copy protection. And here I don't understand why because you stated, that the used copy protection has not been cracked.

Maybe there should be a collaboration of developers that have a working copy protection. For example here in Berlin u-he is well known for this. And also I'm an S-Gear owner. Acustica Audio should ask them for help since I think right now these businesses have about the same size and status.

giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Post by giancarlo » Fri Apr 25, 2014 9:56 am

because it works partially, and even if not stable and full of viruses, customers prefer to not buy (and they maybe cant use the cracked one or they are loosing saved songs, but damages requires time for being applied and at the moment it does not matter). Even if we post updates, we improve libraries, people still think cracked one is the state of art and think it is not working.In this conditions we cant release anything at the moment, just updates.
A collaboration? why?

Each time we improve the copy protection we are able to multiply the crack effort by a factor. We'll start testing a factor 10. We'll go up till they surrender completely. There is a point where I need 30 minutes for going to the next level and they need 300 hours.

The real question is: why a producer should choose a crack? oh maybe because their music rights and money are completely stolen by apple, pandora and similar internet companies. They should "revolutionize" the world addressing the efforts in the right directions, not "reversed" to who is trying to help.